Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Farm Bureau - I have a long memory. When I bought my 1st new car, age 23, I went to them for insurance. I had a completely clean driving record, not a single infraction. I was a college graduate and had a good job. They turned me down flat, saying they didn't insure anyone under 25. I told them take me now or you'll never see me again. They didn't and they haven't.

No big loss

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would go with out insurance before having State Farm again....they are crooks....had a rider on my insurance for jewelry payed $1200 a year just for the rider. back in the 90's...
Wife lost her wedding ring filed a loss for $24000 that it was insured for it turned into a battle for over 6 months....she just wanted the same ring she had they only wanted to pay $4000 theres no way that a new ring could be bought for $4000....we had pictures and a written appraisal dated years before....
They mailed a check for $4000 that would be void in 30 days....made a complaint to the Michigan Insurance Commission it turned into a battle that we could not win...

That was 12 years ago we have a different insurance but every chance we get we will down talk State Farm....I had them for an Insurance Company for over 25 years never made a claim had the same Agent for 23 years a friend of the family....get a new Agent and every thing went to Hell....

Last edited by coyotewacker; 05/24/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Farm Bureau - I have a long memory. When I bought my 1st new car, age 23, I went to them for insurance. I had a completely clean driving record, not a single infraction. I was a college graduate and had a good job. They turned me down flat, saying they didn't insure anyone under 25. I told them take me now or you'll never see me again. They didn't and they haven't.

They’re probably still kicking themselves in the butt for that decision.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Over the years I’ve found that the individual agent is more important. Will they work (fight) for you?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe

They’re probably still kicking themselves in the butt for that decision.
It's certainly isn't a Bud Light sized boycott and it didn't change anything but it's as useful as most of boycotts we read about here on the Fire.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
👍🏼

Black Cows Matter!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had State Farm for over 45 years .Then they raised their rates tremendously. Switched to Allstate and then Farmers.Same deal.They are all high now.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/24/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The cost of building materials the last couple of years pushed insurance way high. Once it's up, it's going to stay up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Farm Bureau for over 55 years. Home, farm, vehicles, equipment, and life. Enough said

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Get quotes from both, as well as an independent agent. That’ll tell you how serious you are about only wanting to deal with one of the two companies you listed. If your opinion still hasn’t changed, go with the low bidder.

If our local Farm Bureau was the only place I could get insurance, I would not have any.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/24/23.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I had State Farm homeowners insurance for about 15 years and when I experienced hail damage on the house roof, they sent out a investigator who said damage was not significant to replace roof. I complained to my agent and insisted on a second opinion and they sent another investigator who found some light roof damage but not enough to replace roofing. I took the guy into the attic and showed some new water damage. Only then did State Farm agreed to pay for new roofing.

In the same storm, my truck in the driveway had damage and an auto insurance company paid for immediate repairs.

A year later State Farm increased my insurance by a huge amount and I called my agent and he said all his customers received large increases. I told him I am going to find another insurance company and took my business to a local mutual insurance company. A little while later I learned the State Farm agent quit the company,

Go Ahead And Backup
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had State Farm for probably 25 years, we moved to a more rural location, with less crime, fewer accidents & they raised our rates. Then to Farm Bureau for a few, raised rates every year. Now with USAA for everything and added some coverage, still less.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I feel like you're overpaying with either one. If it was even money I'd go FB. I wouldn't pay much if any more for it. Lots of good smaller companies in this space. You're paying for name here.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had State Farm for 38 years. I have no complaints about the service they provided. Had a couple of claims over the years. they handled them with no problems. But I live in Florida, So because of the threat of Hurricanes they raised rates through the roof forcing me to shop for another ins. company.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Over the years I’ve found that the individual agent is more important. Will they work (fight) for you?

I agree with muleshoe. Finding an agent who will work with/for you is more important than the company except Progressive. I would never go to Progressive. Insurance companies are in business to collect premiums not pay out claims.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You can talk up this company or that one about how you been doing business with them for years. If you have never made a claim all is good but make a claim or 2 and see what happens. So until you have a couple claims and they didn't raise your premiums just stfu.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hotsoup
Thinking of changing my homeowners insurance. I'm only interested in the 2 companies mentioned above. If you have had homeowners insurance from one or both, I'd like to know your opinion or experience with them particularly dealing with claims regarding your roof. Satisfied or not? Thanks for your response.

Call the contractors in your area that specialize in insurance claims and ask them witch one gives the better service.

I have had adjustors that will do what ever it takes to make the homeowner happy (within reason) and I have had adjustors that won't pay for schit.

It's not uncommon for horse-schit insurance companies to only pay for what is damaged. Example: you have damage to your vinyl siding, say 25% of the house, that vinyl siding cannot be matched, (out of business, color, style no longer available, etc.), a good insurance company will pay to have the whole house redone, a bad insurance company will only replace the 25% that is damaged even though it cannot be matched.

Then the home owner is left with two options, pay out of pocket to side the whole house, or have an ugly mismatched mess that was once beautiful.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That’s crazy. Georgia Farm Bureau took both our daughter and our son when they turned 18

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No question: Farm Bureau. Service great plus get a check every year if they make money due to it a coop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I own a disaster cleanup company and work with all insurance companies. I have handled thousands of claims for 28 years. State Farm is far from my first choice. They are ok there is nothing that would make me pick them over a random company. You should be happier with farm bureau. I always recommend smaller to medium size insurance companies. They are more liberal on finding coverage which can be a big deal. I like USAA if you can get them. Horace Mann is great too. American family usually pretty good.

DO NOT use travelers. They are and have always been A holes and it permeates to their staff.

On the home owners side contrary to popular belief the insurance industry normally takes decent care of people. On the auto side that is the Wild West. They are very cutthroat there and often flat out illrational. The worst of what you hear about insurance companies is done on the auto side.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (1lesfox, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.