Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have had State farm for all of my adult life for both home and auto, service has always been outstanding, I see no reason to change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Farm Bureau - I have a long memory. When I bought my 1st new car, age 23, I went to them for insurance. I had a completely clean driving record, not a single infraction. I was a college graduate and had a good job. They turned me down flat, saying they didn't insure anyone under 25. I told them take me now or you'll never see me again. They didn't and they haven't.

Interesting that you mention that. Farm Bureau doesn't do nearly as much advertising as most big companies and they also avoid high risk policies. That's why their rates are almost always more affordable than others.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
I have had State farm for all of my adult life for both home and auto, service has always been outstanding, I see no reason to change.

Same here. I am almost 59 and have been with my agent since I was 15. I am trying to outlast him. Had to have insurance to drive at the time. Don't remember if it was a law or my parents made me, but I had it.

I have made multiple claims over the years for both auto and only one major one for homeowners. They were incredible to deal with from hail damage on cars/trailers to someone hitting our car or one of my daughters totaling her car. The hail damage on our home was the pleasant surprise.

The bill to replace our roof was a little over $60,000 and I just knew I would get tattooed on the depreciation costs, but our agent had sold me a total replacement policy. I didn't realize that and he explained that he wouldn't sell a policy without that rider. The cost wasn't that much more and I was certainly happy he did that.

The other surprise was the advice I got to put class IV or impact resistant shingles on our roof when they replaced it. The up-charge was $3,200 above the $60,000+ and we were responsible for that up-charge. It saves us a flat 25% on our homeowners insurance each year and paid for itself in less than 2 years. That savings is for our area and I don't think other areas get hit as much so the savings won't be there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by hotsoup
Thinking of changing my homeowners insurance. I'm only interested in the 2 companies mentioned above. If you have had homeowners insurance from one or both, I'd like to know your opinion or experience with them particularly dealing with claims regarding your roof. Satisfied or not? Thanks for your response.

Call the contractors in your area that specialize in insurance claims and ask them witch one gives the better service.

I have had adjustors that will do what ever it takes to make the homeowner happy (within reason) and I have had adjustors that won't pay for schit.

It's not uncommon for horse-schit insurance companies to only pay for what is damaged. Example: you have damage to your vinyl siding, say 25% of the house, that vinyl siding cannot be matched, (out of business, color, style no longer available, etc.), a good insurance company will pay to have the whole house redone, a bad insurance company will only replace the 25% that is damaged even though it cannot be matched.

Then the home owner is left with two options, pay out of pocket to side the whole house, or have an ugly mismatched mess that was once beautiful.

The universal rule of thumb on damaged siding on only one wall is to replace the entire wall's siding, not the whole exterior.

Adjusters just follow company guidelines and duck.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Farm Bureau - I have a long memory. When I bought my 1st new car, age 23, I went to them for insurance. I had a completely clean driving record, not a single infraction. I was a college graduate and had a good job. They turned me down flat, saying they didn't insure anyone under 25. I told them take me now or you'll never see me again. They didn't and they haven't.
Interesting

It was Spring of 79. I had just purchased my first car of my own. 22 years old. I made a half dozen calls to various agents. Farm Bureau (Caldwell office) quoted the lowest rates. I have been with them ever since.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Interesting that you mention that. Farm Bureau doesn't do nearly as much advertising as most big companies and they also avoid high risk policies. That's why their rates are almost always more affordable than others.
My son was 18, and still attached to our policy when he got his second reckless driving ticket.

He had to do SR22 for a year. Farm Bureau added $7.50 per month to my policy as a fee to file the form with the state each month.

I certainly could not complain. Nor did I complain when I got a $300 check in the mail from Farm Bureau Ins. As they had finished the year overfunded.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
You can talk up this company or that one about how you been doing business with them for years. If you have never made a claim all is good but make a claim or 2 and see what happens. So until you have a couple claims and they didn't raise your premiums just stfu.

Okay. After three years Farm Bureau gives a 10% reduction in premiums for no claims. Make a claim, lose the 10% for three years.

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks for all the responses men. A fishing buddy owns the local state farm office. I sat down with him this morning and will give him my business. Thanks again.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The government has a monopoly and can raises rates (taxes) as needed. The older and larger the insurance company, the more benefits they have to pay to the employees, and to those employees who have retired. It's common sense and someone has to pay for it.... and it's the customer.

Life is good live it while you can.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Interesting story in regards toi Farm Bureau.

Earlier I mentioned that my Subaru Legacy was T-boned in town one day. Low speed collision. No Injuries. But it caved in a rear quarter panel and laid a rear wheel into a 45 degree angle on a $4000 car.

Over the course of two weeks I was in touch with the Farm Bureau adjuster in Pocatello about six times to get the other gal's liability to cover my loss. I had to get him a police report of the accident. He had to get an appraiser out to look at the car. One hold up, one excuse after another.

I made a call to my agent. "Can you build a fire under this guy. I need the check for a down payment on a replacement. Momma is tired of me leaving her stranded while I drive her car to work."

It must have been a hell of a fire.

That adjuster called me within a couple hours. He made arrangements to get the check in my mailbox post haste. But he was a little slow on the uptake I guess. As he still did not understand why he had gotten a call from an agent in Caldwell. Finally he asked" "OH! Are you a Farm Bureau customer?" Duh!

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Between the two I'd pick Farm Bureau.

My ex-wife got royally screwed by State Farm on a deer collision that they wouldn't pay for. State Farm was also one of the ringleaders in trying to screw homeowners on the Mississippi Gulf Coast when Katrina wiped out the area in 2005. They tried to deny claims calling it a flood and claiming they didn't have to pay because it's not flood insurance. Allstate got in on the deal and tried it too. They eventually relented and paid when they realized they were about to get sued into oblivion and would lose. Many of the areas that were affected were majority black residents. An insurance company being sued by a black client who got screwed by them, in a Mississippi court with an all black jury is going to find out that they just keep adding zeroes to the end of the award. They knew better than to do that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve found the agent you buy through has a lot to do with it, but that said, my only experience with the two you are limited to is with SF and the agency I bought through was easy to work with. That said, when I called them for a quote on my first home, they were 35% higher than a local independent agency who quoted me with their preferred insurer. Line by line it was the same coverage levels.

I was later told that in MI (for reasons I do not know) SF was outrageously high on homeowners policies. This was circa 2006.

Still with that independent agency two homes and about 10 cars later.

Fear the crabcat.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
State Farm since getting my drivers license in 1966. Then add homeowners later. I’ve had claims small and large. Only problem was a stinkin auto claim an out of town body shop tried to screw me over on almost 3 years ago. Their process has changed over the years and not for better. Every time I called during the claim period I spoke with someone different. And this was on a $5000 2001 Tahoe. Got to the point I was ready to dump my policy and thankfully my agent was able to intervene at the right level. Since then all is well. Better the devil you know……..

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Earlier I mentioned that my Subaru Legacy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Well that was helpfull! Don't forget to read all posts, on each thread, you might miss using the latest meme, instead of adding information, or experience!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Heym06

Well that was helpfull! Don't forget to read all posts, on each thread, you might miss using the latest meme, instead of adding information, or experience!
I think it's very helpful

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

LOL.

Yep, nothing quite like a Lesbaru to make it out a mile of unplowed snowy or muddy rutted two track till you hit the pavement, and bring home a ton of hog feed in a waterproof cargo area. All while getting 25 mpg.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Yes, I'm sure you do, considering what you go through life thinking with!💩💩

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Yes, I'm sure you do, considering what you go through life thinking with!💩💩

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My Dad was an Attorney. He said once he could make a living doing nothing but suing Farm Bureau to pay the claims they owed in our area.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 74 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,629
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.