-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I was at the trap shoot in Libby and an FFL was there. In his rig were actual jugs of actual smokeless propellant. Of course I had to look and in the back of the pile was a lonely 5 pounder of Alliant Blue Dot. Gosh, 195, I paid 90 for my last jug in 2011, which I emptied last summer. But I haven't seen any jugs of anything I even remotely would want at the LGS's since the start of Covid.

At least now I've got something to pour into all those surplus primed NATO 5.56 cases I got in 2013. PRIMED cases. Sheesh. Let's go Brandon.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Brandon can suck my di ck..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I’ve been keeping an eye out for blue dot locally and haven’t seen any for years.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've bought 12 pounds of it in the last couple months at our local Sportsman's Warehouse.

It is down to 4 pound containers, vs the 5 pounders. ( cheap bas tards)... $113 each with my military discount.

With the 9 pounds I had left, that should be putting me in a good spot.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you, Seafire.
Four, FOUR pound "jugs?" Talk about shrinkflation. What a crock.
This one is a legit five pounds. I weighed it when I got home. Smells nice and fresh.
But around here, we have a hoarding problem or must be at the end of the supply chain, or something. There is now "plenty" of loaded factory ammo to be had, after two years of utter nothing, but of course the prices are relatively insane. Bullets are coming back, there's brass after a fashion, but not much good without primers or powder, mmmm?

I suppose I could cook something up with Lil Gun, I still have six and a half of that, but now I don't have to, and that's worth "something" just to have the stuff in hand. I was already rationing it prior to running out last year, now I've got "enough" to enjoy using it, right? Hopefully this jug will work well with the case batch I have here, shooting well and fireforming nicely. Which was my plan ten years ago, shoot it, see if it was varmint brass, or blaster brass. So, as I said, been a long long long time since I've seen Blue Dot.

Now, where's the focking PRIMERS, [bleep]?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Reading Seafire's posts on Blue Dot caused me to buy 3 pounds of it a while back. I used it in a bunch of different cartridges and now have less than half a pound. Got my lookout on for it at the gun shows.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was down to nine single one pounders....

IN the last 60 days or so, I scored three 4 pounders of it... $113 a piece with my military discount.

Sportsman's Warehouse, out this way has plenty of it on the shelves $40 a pound.

Glad what I have. Doing some cleaning in the garage, I also just uncovered three 4 pounders of Alliant Steel, I didn't know, or forgot that I had... I'm stoked, because I had some one steal 5 eight pounds of Alliant Steel. all of this was bought cheap during the Trump Administration.

I've got plenty of primers, but I'd sure like to recover all the primers I had taken out of my garage also. How many bricks of primers can one fit in a 27 gallon Costco tub? Full....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't have enough toes and fingers to count that high.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So that's why Montana has no primers. Seafire intercepted and hoarded them all. Good to know.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I use Bluedot......

300 Blackout around the house & 110 Noslers

223.....^^^^^^ same as above except 53 gr V Max

10 mm Springfield.......stuff a case full & a Rim Rock 200 grain hard cast...

Oh yea

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by tikkanut; 05/25/23.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I use Bluedot......

Oh yea

Tikanut, have you tried AA-9 in your 10mm Hard Cast loads ? I’ve been using it for years with heavy hard cast loads and Hornady 200 gr XTP loads in my 10mm’s.

I started out using Blue Dot, in my Glock 20 and Kimber Target 10mm. but quit after someone posted that Blue Dot had issued a warning against using it in the 10 mm. It was posted on here a few years ago, if I recall correctly. The AA-9 was also more accurate than Blue Dot in both my Glock & Kimber 10mm’s.

I also still use Blue Dot for my +P+ 9mm 115 gr HP load.
Very accurate in my all my Glock 9mm’s.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/25/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I use Bluedot......

Oh yea

Tikanut, have you tried AA-9 in your 10mm Hard Cast loads ? I’ve been using it for years with heavy hard cast loads and Hornady 200 gr XTP loads in my 10mm’s.

I started out using Blue Dot, in my Glock 20 and Kimber Target 10mm. but quit after someone posted that Blue Dot had issued a warning against using it in the 10 mm. It was posted on here a few years ago, if I recall correctly. The AA-9 was also more accurate than Blue Dot in both my Glock & Kimber 10mm’s.

Yes........

#9 & # 7

I'll look at my load specs

A question to you

Have you run the 220 gr HC boolits ?

Rim Rock offers those too

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I use Bluedot......

Oh yea

It's P/dog time here now

Wringing out a new to me 222 Mag Shilen barrel

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 54 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,311
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.