Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
WTF are we arguing about?
I haven’t been interested enough to read all the links and what not. But apparently if you imagine a checkerboard pattern scenario where two public tract corners meet, is it legal to step directly over the corner from one tract to the next? I guess in the theory you could precisely do it without stepping on private property . In the real world private property gets used to a degree to accomplish this. I’m not sure if this is the crux, but it seems it is from certain posts.

I know the facts. What is there to argue about? Stepping from public to public.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I haven’t been interested enough to read all the links and what not. But apparently if you imagine a checkerboard pattern scenario where two public tract corners meet, is it legal to step directly over the corner from one tract to the next? I guess in the theory you could precisely do it without stepping on private property . In the real world private property gets used to a degree to accomplish this. I’m not sure if this is the crux, but it seems it is from certain posts.

Seems pretty simple...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What really amazes me about this whole discussion is the inability of people to read and comprehend lthe law and or the court order...

you all should read the UIA of 1885 and you will see that eminent domain is not needed and you will see the that the judges interpreation is that the UIA of 1885 curtails the landowners rights. Somewhat, similar to zoning ordances that prohibit you from building right up to your property line.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Is the fed lands marked in any way out there

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Corner Crossing - The American Surveyor
https://amerisurv.com/2023/02/09/corner-crossing/

"The Section Corner the gentlemen stepped over was originally set by General Land Office (GLO) Deputy Surveyor (DS) Lewis Lampton in 1878. The corner was then part of a Dependent Resurvey by GLO DS Wayne Gardner in 1967. It was at this time that DS Gardner found the original monument set by Lampton and replaced it with the Post. In the original field notes from 1967, Gardner States “…are monumented with the Bureau of Land Management’s standard iron post cadastral survey monument, consisting of an inscribed die cast brass cap, permanently mounted on a galvanized iron pipe, 29 ins. Long, 2 1/2 ins. diameter”. During the Dependent Resurvey, Gardner found “…a sandstone, 14x8x3 ins., illegibly mkd., loosely set 3 ins. in the ground”. This was the corner set by Lampton and currently buried alongside the new post."

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Next question has the private properties in question been surveyed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
What would happen if the two private landowners at the corners each erected a short stretch of border wall style fence and connected them?

I think that was covered in one of the articles that I read. Something was quoted by the court in the late 1800s that denied the landowners the right to block access at the corners. I was reading it on my phone though and travelling so I didnt get a chance to do much research.
Good thinking Paul

I don't think there is enough allowable room at the junction of 4 corners to erect anything other than a strand of wire which is what's been done.

It's my understanding that the total allowable margine of error with a land survey is just a tad over a inch and that's not all in one spot.

The junction of 4 corners could be viewed much like a set of cross hairs. A 4 inch post driven precisely in the center of the junction would encroach on all 4 parcels of land involved.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

It chaps the do nothing non hunters fire regulars that Buzz and BHA got this done.

Most will never set foot in Wyoming and and if they did they wouldn’t have the ability to find a corner to cross even if they had a map.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could not block access to another private land owner that had to get through your property to access his. Why should you be able to block the public from accessing their property? I understand the possible need for gates or cattle guards at public expense to facilitate livestock containment but that is already done in places.

Even though I own some posted land it gladdens me to see this overbearing billionaire get knocked on his ass in federal court after losing his trespass case in state court.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Recently?

Ever?

Surveyed and marked?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by losttrail60

It chaps the do nothing non hunters fire regulars that Buzz and BHA got this done.

Most will never set foot in Wyoming and and if they did they wouldn’t have the ability to find a corner to cross even if they had a map.
Is broke back mountain in the map?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Recently?

Ever?

Surveyed and marked?
Yes this

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Recently?

Ever?

Surveyed and marked?
Yes this

If you're trying ta suggest that there's somehow a gap between the properties that's extremely unlikely, as the boundaries have remained undisputed for dozens of years, if not more than a century.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That would be WYBHA. Not bha as a whole. Remember, ol buzz never answered how much $$$ the mothership chipped in to the gofundme. He would know since it was accounted for down to the penny.

I have a sneaking suspension the avg Joe citizen funded the defense, not bha........but who knows....

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/29/23.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

That would be WYBHA. Not bha as a whole. Remember, ol buzz never answered how much $$$ the mothership chipped in to the gofundme. He would know since it was accounted for down to the penny.

I have a sneaking suspension the avg Joe citizen funded the defense, not bha........but who knows....
From what I gather the land owners get fugked am I right ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Recently?

Ever?

Surveyed and marked?
Yes this

If you're trying ta suggest that there's somehow a gap between the properties that's extremely unlikely, as the boundaries have remained undisputed for dozens of years, if not more than a century.

According to the info Strop provided it was surveyed (at least the corner in question) as recently as 1967. By the General Land Office no less.

Originally Posted by Strop10
Corner Crossing - The American Surveyor
https://amerisurv.com/2023/02/09/corner-crossing/

"The Section Corner the gentlemen stepped over was originally set by General Land Office (GLO) Deputy Surveyor (DS) Lewis Lampton in 1878. The corner was then part of a Dependent Resurvey by GLO DS Wayne Gardner in 1967. It was at this time that DS Gardner found the original monument set by Lampton and replaced it with the Post. In the original field notes from 1967, Gardner States “…are monumented with the Bureau of Land Management’s standard iron post cadastral survey monument, consisting of an inscribed die cast brass cap, permanently mounted on a galvanized iron pipe, 29 ins. Long, 2 1/2 ins. diameter”. During the Dependent Resurvey, Gardner found “…a sandstone, 14x8x3 ins., illegibly mkd., loosely set 3 ins. in the ground”. This was the corner set by Lampton and currently buried alongside the new post."

Now, unless my geometry fails me, the four corners of the parcels in question come together in a point. Is that "point" 2.5" in diameter, as is set as a standard cadastral survey monument? If so, is that post set exactly perpendicular (hard to do on an earth shaped object?). If not, and also given the diameter of the pipe, does some part of the post actually intrude into the rancher's property.

in 1967 did they have the technology available today to shoot the property lines from that "point" in the exact direction as prescribed on the survey documents?

Basically, from what I could figure out from what I read, the exact location of the corner is not being disputed. The action of crossing over that corner from one parcel of public land to another parcel of public land is what the case revolves around. And the judge said, summarily, it is OK to cross there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

If you consider someone crossing from one corner to another corner, fugked, then the judge says yeah.,

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

No.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Not everyone is as lost as you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which landowners? The billionaire or the public?

Wonder how Eshelman would like it were he denied access to his opposite corner and had to hire a helicopter to get over there? He would squeal like a pig caught under a gate even though he unlike most country folks can afford to buy or hire a helicopter.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 76 invisible), 3,111 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.