Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Welcome to 2023.
I HATE having to deal with people. I never had a tolerance fo BS and as I've aged it's not gotten better.
Just about everything I buy comes in a big brown truck. I know we hate Amazon (and big brown, too). But I'm just better off with less interaction with humans.
Too bad dogs don't work in stores. I love them.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
Sounds like a geography issue rather a Wal Mart one. No cages or bars around things where I live, & cash still works. .
Same around here...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I try to stay away from my local Walmart on weekends. I think half the population of Nogales Mexico make a raid in the place. I've seen it get ugly a few times.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I got my groceries there this morning relatively early, around 9am. No crowd, most of the things I want were on the shelves and the things that weren’t there were alternatives. It’s a super Walmart in a small town area thankfully. What I see on the news with the large city stores I’d be looking for a way to conceal a cut down riot gun instead of a pistol. I do buy stuff from Amazon regularly but I’m too lazy really bargain hunt usually. Plus I don’t have to wait on delivery which drives my batty tracking packages online and obsessing one when it’ll arrive.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by local_dirt
At least I don't have to smell all covid relief money pot wafting through the Walmart Neighborhood Market and Publix parking lots any more.

I can't stand Jeff Bezos' politics. But, I can order stuff from Amazon and have it on my front porch in 24 hours. Sometimes in 4-6 hours. And usually a lot cheaper than anywhere else.
Last October we were in Jax area at my son’s and DIL. One afternoon, My wife ordered something for our new granddaughter and like magic, it was delivered the next morning.
<mind blown>

Don’t think I’ve gotten *anything* from the ‘zon here in less than 10 days.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not WM it's where you live, and the people that live there.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The only Walmart here is a superstore. I don't like it but need to go there regularly. It sure beats the Target a mile away. Their pharmacy is kind of strange. My wife had knee surgery a few weeks ago and they don't sell oxycodone. We go to Costco for that. On the other hand, my wife had a diabetic dog that needed daily insulin injections. Walmart's price on insulin was 1/4 the price of any place else in town, $26 vs $95 for a small bottle. Seems that Walmart owns the insulin factory, literally, and they sell it at a greatly reduced price.

Walmart is the place to go for inexpensive insulin. As far as oxycodone, according to ashp.org (they keep track of drug shortages), pretty much all the immediate release forms of oxycodone are on backorder. Walmart would sell it if they had it, but they might also be keeping it for their 'regulars' because pharmacy customers tend to get really really b**chy if they don't get their opioids (ask me how I know).

Here's the drug shortage information on oxycodone (https://www.ashp.org/drug-shortages/current-shortages/drug-shortage-detail.aspx?id=926)

I will also note, in response to the person posting about the Amazon pharmacy, it seems that they don't fill for Schedule II medications (which has a lot of legal requirements for identifying the prescriber and the patient), so they would not be an option for oxycodone or any other opioids.

Last edited by bighunter7x57; 05/30/23. Reason: Amazon doesn't fill opioids

“To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine

Matthew 25:31-46
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’ll go once a week or so..

Slice of the demographics of this area…

You see all shapes and sizes. 😂.

Walmarks is the big grocery store in the area.

No Publix. King Super. Fred Meyers..

Just the Walmarks , DG and a couple high $$ independent stores.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I do the online pick up deal with 'em

Works purty darn good

Order the day before......pick up at noon

You have 3-4 hrs prior to pick up to add items

Four outta 5 stars rated by me ****

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
It's not WM it's where you live, and the people that live there.

No, it’s Wal-Mart. I can live my life quite well and never see these people unless I go to low end fast food or Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is like going to the fair. You wonder where in the hell these people came from.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is absolutely the populace and not the parent corporation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no problems with our nearest one (we have three, including a Super). The one nearest the Hispanic neighborhoods has a lot of Hispanic customers. Duh, huh?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My experiences are up and down. Yesterday was down.

I stopped to get a tire fixed on the way from Custer to Pierre. Saturday morning the owner of the independent tire shop in Custer said to my face in the door of his open shop that he didn't want to fix my tire. OK then, I probably won't be back. I nursed it along for the weekend and stopped at Walmart (which was open and willing to help) in south Rapid to get it fixed on the way back here. They took it in, 20 mins later kid with a nose ring told me that the tire was worn more than company policy allowed them to fix, so they took the screw out and put my tire back on the rim.

I said to Nose Ring, "What are my options?" He didn't know. He got the manager out, who I appreciate was working on holiday. I asked him what my options were. He had no answer either.

I finally said, "Do you have four matching tires to put on it?"

"No." OK then.

"Look, I want to buy four tires not five, can you fix it anyway to get me back to Pierre tonight? I'm not staying here in this Walmart overnight waiting." Took me almost five minutes to convince him of that and then I had to sign multiple releases, some electronic, some in wet ink. Took an hour and a half start to finish. While I was waiting I found a single Grabber on clearance which would have fit marked $48 or something like that. I would have done that, no problem. They didn't know their inventory. All said and done, they Charged me $15 for the service, and another $5 for a snack and a bottle of water. They lost a pile of money on me yesterday.

My truck is on the hoist at the independent tire shop in Pierre right now getting four new WildPeak AT3W which were in stock at $260 each. Set it up by phone on my way into the Y at 7 this morning and will be done by 3. Cheers to them.

Last edited by BKinSD; 05/30/23.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by local_dirt
At least I don't have to smell all covid relief money pot wafting through the Walmart Neighborhood Market and Publix parking lots any more.

I can't stand Jeff Bezos' politics. But, I can order stuff from Amazon and have it on my front porch in 24 hours. Sometimes in 4-6 hours. And usually a lot cheaper than anywhere else.
Last October we were in Jax area at my son’s and DIL. One afternoon, My wife ordered something for our new granddaughter and like magic, it was delivered the next morning.
<mind blown>

Don’t think I’ve gotten *anything* from the ‘zon here in less than 10 days.

Whut? Mike, you mean it takes Amazon sled dogs 10 days to get to your place on the tundra?

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No but we do pull into the parking lot to get our order put in our trucks backseat each week.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I go to Walmart and Sam''s all the time. I'm the non obese white guy with the tucked shirt, no tattoos, no face piercings. If you see me, feel free to say hey!

Last edited by RJY66; 05/30/23.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RJY66
I go to Walmart and Sam''s all the time. I'm the non obese white guy with the tucked shirt, no tattoos, no face piercings. If you see me, feel free to say hey!
What,are you some kind of freak!! grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66

yeah, you're in the minority.... at least at a local WallyWorld out here on the left coast...

with no tattoos, even having a shirt on this time of year, face piercing 'shortage'...

When I go into the local Walmart, no one who works there really cares because they don't have to.

Our local Walmart is like a three dimensional Muppet Show...."Muppets on Bad Drugs..."

I always call my town the largest Trailer Park on the West Coast...Walmart attracts the lower middle class of that crowd.

The local people here, make me not desire to open carry... there are too many candidates that just need to be gone from this world... wasn't like that when I moved here 27 years ago.. but with the exodus out of California, this place has flushed down the toilet. Yet Californians with money move here and they think they have died and gone to heaven...thinking its "wonderful here" compared to what they left behind.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The one near us in Eastern Oregon is filled with people typical to our locale. 40% Hispanic field workers, 20% native Hispanic looking people with perfect command of English language, 40% Caucasian from poor white trash to some wearing very expensive dresses and shoes or fine suits.

The one in Boise on the hill on Overland, is a different matter. The ladies looked fine in dresses and heels, the men were wearing mostly sport jackets or better.

I dropped in checking for discount Weatherby Vanguards and Leupold scopes. I felt strangely out of place in my Carhartt shirt, Wranglers, and cowboy boots.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always a mixed bag, and I agree with the "locale" drivers.

In general, WM is far from a favorite place but here it is the best source within 50 miles for some essential things. Nothing much locked up, feels open, free, safe, clean. Folks are mostly small family groups, old couples, momma/grandma/kids - every once in a while see a dad rancher/construction worker with two or three kids riding the sides of the cart.

There usually are a few examples of odd/freaky taste in apparel - more in guys that gals. Nothing much in the firearms dept. but surprisingly good automotive and camping stuff. Maybe we are fortunate here.

Then again, check in with me after a while if I'm reduced to driving one of their electric carts.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,318 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,832
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.