Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Geno, he’s been asked many times what you put forth in your op. He tap dances, and when forced to answer falls back to the position that he can’t comment on BHA policies.

But he’ll pound the drum and blow the bugle and speak for the organization on other topics.

He brags about wining and dining Jon Tester for fugks sake.

If you doubt me, research his posts.

He’s only here to talk shidt and posture like a banty rooster.

he has been clear on everything....people dont want to accept the answer.....putting in a special remark " to include ars or whatever is stupid....bob

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Geno, he’s been asked many times what you put forth in your op. He tap dances, and when forced to answer falls back to the position that he can’t comment on BHA policies.

But he’ll pound the drum and blow the bugle and speak for the organization on other topics.

He brags about wining and dining Jon Tester for fugks sake.

If you doubt me, research his posts.

He’s only here to talk shidt and posture like a banty rooster.

OK, I haven't read many of his posts on most other threads. Some, but certainly not a majority.

I appreciate some of the things that organization accomplishes. Was a member for a few years even.

As far as "tap dancing", I've not asked him to comment on BHA policies, I have read his statements supporting the ownership of ARs, now I'm asking him to show his support by going to the Board and asking them to further expound upon their Policy Statement in regards to the 2A.

I'm interested to know what the Board says and does about such a proposal from one of their long term members.

Do I expect anything along those lines to happen? Probably not. But I thought I'd ask as I'm no longer a member and can't do so myself.

Hope all your family and critters are doing well. If 'flave calls or texts tell him "hot, cold, or indifferent" says hello

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BuzzH
The Second is crystal clear, period end of story. People can choose to own whatever kind of firearm blows their hair back, AR's, bolts, single shots, rifles, pistols, etc. et. etc. don't care and quite frankly, none of my business.

I focus on hunting, fishing, public access, public lands that kind of thing, that's in our Chapter Charter and mission statement.

Right now, Life Memberships come with a wide variety of gifts for life members, fishing gear, other outdoor products, as well as Weatherby firearms, and some nice ones, IMO.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/lifetime_memberships

If you join and don't like the one of the weatherby's and want an AR, sell the weatherby and buy an AR, invest the money, donate it to charity, whatever.

People have a real knack for making easy chit difficult.

If I write to the Board of BHA, asking about their support for ownership of ARs, and their willingness to go on the record for such, will I get an answer stated in a manner similar manner to yours ?

I would think, because they are an organization that in principle (I assume) and name, that they would like to show their support for owning and hunting with any legal firearm.

Do they have a Position Statement on fishing? I'd kind of like to know if they support all methods of "angling"?

Speaking of fishing expeditions, you seem to be on one...FFS, here, you have a computer, use it. Policy statements, several of them.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/bha_north_american_policy_statements

Those are the positions that are pertinent to the mission statement. Do you also ask the NRA for their position on the Boundary Waters? Pebble mine? North American Model?

Its rhetorical, of course you don't and for good reason. They aren't a hunting organization, those issues aren't in their mission statement and frankly, I don't want them involved in any of those things. Nor would I expect them to be.

I also still struggle with people having a major comprehension problem. What part of the Second and BHA's statement would lead you to believe that they don't support people hunting with, and owning whatever platform of firearm they want?

We give away weatherby firearms with our life memberships, yet you still bitch and complain.

Let's be honest you could give away 10 free cases of shiner, a wyoming arms AR, a case of ammo, find a cure for cancer, and nobody pissing and moaning about BHA on the crampfire is going to join anyway, and that's a fact.

BHA supports the Second, end of discussion.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
How much money did bha donate to the gofundme setup for the corner crossing case?

120k??

I thought I read that number somewhere.

Ymmv

No, that's how much the gofundme was. I'm interested to know how much the bha organization donated to the gofundme.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How much money did bha donate to the gofundme setup for the corner crossing case?

120k??

Ymmv

No, that's how much the gofundme was. I'm interested to know how much the bha organization donated to the gofundme.

Ah, misunderstood that post on the $ amount and where it came from...

My bad.

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

120k??

Ymmv

Ah, misunderstood that post on the $ amount and where it came from...

My bad.

No worries, I believe that was the intention honestly.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
The Second is crystal clear, period end of story. People can choose to own whatever kind of firearm blows their hair back, AR's, bolts, single shots, rifles, pistols, etc. et. etc. don't care and quite frankly, none of my business.

I focus on hunting, fishing, public access, public lands that kind of thing, that's in our Chapter Charter and mission statement.

Right now, Life Memberships come with a wide variety of gifts for life members, fishing gear, other outdoor products, as well as Weatherby firearms, and some nice ones, IMO.

If you join and don't like the one of the weatherby's and want an AR, sell the weatherby and buy an AR, invest the money, donate it to charity, whatever.

If I write to the Board of BHA, asking about their support for ownership of ARs, and their willingness to go on the record for such, will I get an answer stated in a manner similar manner to yours ?

I would think, because they are an organization that in principle (I assume) and name, that they would like to show their support for owning and hunting with any legal firearm.

Do they have a Position Statement on fishing? I'd kind of like to know if they support all methods of "angling"?

Speaking of fishing expeditions, you seem to be on one...FFS, here, you have a computer, use it. Policy statements, several of them.

Those are the positions that are pertinent to the mission statement. Do you also ask the NRA for their position on the Boundary Waters? Pebble mine? North American Model?

Its rhetorical, of course you don't and for good reason. They aren't a hunting organization, those issues aren't in their mission statement and frankly, I don't want them involved in any of those things. Nor would I expect them to be.

I also still struggle with people having a major comprehension problem. What part of the Second and BHA's statement would lead you to believe that they don't support people hunting with, and owning whatever platform of firearm they want?

We give away weatherby firearms with our life memberships, yet you still bitch and complain.

Let's be honest you could give away 10 free cases of shiner, a wyoming arms AR, a case of ammo, find a cure for cancer, and nobody pissing and moaning about BHA on the crampfire is going to join anyway, and that's a fact.

Your still a fugkin maroon loser

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If BHA supports any democommie politician, they actively support the anti-gun agenda, end of discussion.

Now, "look us in the eye" and tell us BHA does not support democommies.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider

If BHA supports any democommie politician, they actively support the anti-gun agenda, end of discussion.

Yes

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by earlybrd

One would think a backwards, inbred, hillbilly would learn to spell a 5 letter word.

LOL

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60

One would think a backwards, inbred, hillbilly would learn to spell a 5 letter word.

LOL
What say you on AR 15s Callnum?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

LOL

Thought early just liked the color maroon!

Ymmv

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Didn't you here him boy, END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!!!

Lmao!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

LOL
Your fugkin canoe is waiting when do you want to hear banjos

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Not fishing, just asking for a simple clarification.

BHA is a hunting organization, as is evidenced by the name. The NRA is not, and it's not an environmental organization either, therefor no, I would not ask them for a position statement or opinion on mining in AK, Boundary Waters, or a wildlife management model.

By their own position statement BHA has acknowledged support for the Second Amendment. In a very special way, as in that it can be taken in so many different manners. It would be akin to me stating I support the right to vote and the Amendments regarding that right. But all the while not stating I support convicted felons being able to vote. Or that while the wording is pretty clear in those Amendments, I really don't support the vote for women and think the vote shouldn't be granted until a person is 21 years of age.

I realize the overall mission of BHA is to continue to support and lobby for more wild areas. Their efforts to do so have been welcomed by many, including myself. However, their support (alleged? acknowledged? ) for certain politicians leads more than one person, including myself, to be suspect of the wording of their Policy Statement. Their overall mission is a necessary one, in my mind. I wonder about some of their methods at times.

Their Statement regarding the 2A is very politically worded and I have a suspicion it was run past the legal team and approved as such.

Thanks for your help in clearing it up. You may stand for the right of private ownership of ARs and similar. I'm still not sure about the organization you are a member of.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There is a reason they are called Green Decoys.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

Not fishing, just asking for a simple clarification.

BHA is a hunting organization, as is evidenced by the name. The NRA is not, and it's not an environmental organization either, therefor no, I would not ask them for a position statement or opinion on mining in AK, Boundary Waters, or a wildlife management model.

By their own position statement BHA has acknowledged support for the Second Amendment. In a very special way, as in that it can be taken in so many different manners. It would be akin to me stating I support the right to vote and the Amendments regarding that right. But all the while not stating I support convicted felons being able to vote. Or that while the wording is pretty clear in those Amendments, I really don't support the vote for women and think the vote shouldn't be granted until a person is 21 years of age.

I realize the overall mission of BHA is to continue to support and lobby for more wild areas. Their efforts to do so have been welcomed by many, including myself. However, their support (alleged? acknowledged? ) for certain politicians leads more than one person, including myself, to be suspect of the wording of their Policy Statement. Their overall mission is a necessary one, in my mind. I wonder about some of their methods at times.

Their Statement regarding the 2A is very politically worded and I have a suspicion it was run past the legal team and approved as such.

Thanks for your help in clearing it up. You may stand for the right of private ownership of ARs and similar. I'm still not sure about the organization you are a member of.
He’s a closet gay democrat he’s still in the closet🤣🤡

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
There is a reason they are called Green Decoys.
I would love to take a poll of their membership, Independents, Repubs, Dems, etc and find out where they stand on the meaning of "shall not be infringed"?

Yeah, the individual members, every one of the thousands of them.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Joe Biden will look you in the eye and tell you he supports the Second Amendment. He just doesn't like to explain that he supports your right to own the firearms that he personally approves. We all know better than to trust Biden or believe a syllable that falls out of his mouth.

There are lots of people and political organizations that operate like that. To me, it's clear that BHA is one. I'd not be a bit surprised at a very high percentage of their membership thinking the Second Amendment is about duck hunting.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 2 of 31 1 2 3 4 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.