Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Jkob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have four original floorplates for sale all are in great shape Let me know if you want them, $25 each plus shipping

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
So... you're a "Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild", but your appear to fail to account for the fact there's no single generic "floorplate" for every "09" mauser ever built? For instance, as I recall, there were both Intermediate and Standard Action lengths. If you're clueless, perhaps substitute some good pix, both sides of each & basic length measurements.
This isn't about just hints to help 'a Pro' sell them. It's also about the newbee mauser folks who may buy as relying on you're "professiona reference", implying your wares may fit & function for their application.

Good Luck... Especially to hapless buyers!

John
+ Professional member, Advocates for "Pro Guidance!" smile

Last edited by iskra; 06/02/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I believe he is offering original floor plates from 1909 Argentine actions.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by iskra
So... you're a "Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild", but your appear to fail to account for the fact there's no single generic "floorplate" for every "09" mauser ever built? For instance, as I recall, there were both Intermediate and Standard Action lengths. If you're clueless, perhaps substitute some good pix, both sides of each & basic length measurements.
This isn't about just hints to help 'a Pro' sell them. It's also about the newbee mauser folks who may buy as relying on you're "professiona reference", implying your wares may fit & function for their application.

Good Luck... Especially to hapless buyers!

John
+ Professional member, Advocates for "Pro Guidance!" smile
For the love of Pete, dude, who licked the red off of your candy this morning? (That's referencing being a jerk)
Are you saying there is more than one length of 1909 Argentine?
And have you never heard of Jim Kobe? (Those two reference you being ignorant)

Your post is inexcusably rude.
Rex

Jkob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks people, don't know who this guy is. Just offering these up if there is anyone who may want to convert a standard to hinged

Last edited by Jkob; 06/03/23.

IC B2

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone wanting to convert a Mauser to hinged bottom metal probably has an inkling of what is involved and also probably knows that only the 1909 Argentine had hinged bottom metal. If they aren't informed, they can simply ask the seller for advice/clarification. Simple concept really!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Jim, you are gentleman - with patience and toleration. Appreciate what you do.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
What I'm first saying technically... Yes! There's more than one "1909 mauser" rifle with hinged floorplate and possibility of confusion arising. Witness my less common "09" edition, pix below. Nuff said.

But that's really a lesser point and the O/P's supplementary remark about "hinged conversion" filled an essential heads-up roll, sufficient for a buyer to inquire further as he may deem necessary.

So, OK. Now, Jcob, need frankly to admit I went a bit overboard. Beyond the "insufficient info" critique. My remarks uncalled for. My bad, my apologies and to leave it on that note.

My Best!
John

Attached Images
R62-9.jpg (21.9 KB, 194 downloads)
Last edited by iskra; 06/03/23.
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jiminy Cricket man, that is the DOM not model number.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Jim, I guess I’m of the knuckle-dragging, dim-witted hapless sort. I’d like one, please.

I’ve jut put both of my brain cells together to send a PM.

Thank you.

IC B3

Jkob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, one sold, three left in spite of....

Last edited by Jkob; 06/04/23.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
First, again, my apologies to you Jkob, for what was my sarcastic approach in offering an "inadequate description" comment.

Z, re this matter, it's such as your 'assumptions' which can create unhappy buyers. According to your words... YOU ASSUMED the floorplates for sale simply described as "09 Mauser", were: (1) Referring to a "hinged type" floorplate + (2) referring to a 1909 "Argentine" type weapon + (3) there could be no other model than the Argentine fitting that description + (4) that any buyer would be seeking such hinged type + (5) the buyer would be sufficiently knowledgeable to understand all such nuances rather than an "average Joe" who might be trying to replace a damaged floorplate on his "1909 Peruvian Mauser" of which there were some 80,000 made. Moreover, which seller's floorplates wouldn't be adaptable for reason of Peruvian as "Intermediate" action length. Last, re my "09 Mauser", I could quite legitimately sell the floorplate from it with precisely such seller's description.
Z, I have seen your gunsmithing work and consider you an artist. But please do also recall, as you rise to critique, your Constitutional Fifth Amendment Right... To remain silent! smile (I consider Z & I to be occasional "jousters" and one another fair game to quips in such humor!)

The Net, Net... A lot of words here simply to reiterate... Five seconds worth of ADDITIONAL strategic descriptor words of clarification, can make all the difference.

My definite take!
John

Last edited by iskra; 06/05/23.
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John, perhaps it is you that should consider exercising your right to remain silent. I made so assumptions, I knew that Jim was selling take off floorplates from 1909 Argentine bottom metal. Because that's what smiths like he and I do. We install straddle floorplate on 1909 bottom metal. The original floorplates then serve no purpose, so we move them along to those who may wish to convert their non hinged, standard length 98 bottom metal to a hinged unit.

My "assumptions" don't created unhappy buyers. Firstly, I'm not selling anything. Secondly, uninformed buyers created unhappy buyers. Not certain what is being advertised for sale, then ask. All it takes is five seconds.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was one of those "lost". Since I don't own anything Argentine I had no idea where the '09 fit into anywhere in the gun world. My apologies to Mr. Kolb.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
" '09 floorplates" on a Mauser forum is self explanatory.

I am not sure it can be mixed up or misconstrued by anyone interested in Mauser or derivatives.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When you are in a hole, stop digging !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.