-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you have any to sell or know of a supply I'm looking.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pre-rapala-storm-wiggle-wart-4586613791

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Have you tried eBay? I have bought a bunch of different lures there still new in the packages.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Those old Wiggle Warts are hard to come by.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They were the best crankbait I ever used, and the original perch V60 was the best of all of them.

I was getting five strikes to every one my grandson and his dad were getting on the last three bass trips to Davis Lake near Portola CA. They were using different patterns, not perch. I'll see if I can find my airbrush kit and make me a couple perch out of the two other colored warts I have.

I ordered two original wiggle warts on Ebay...$48.00! eek shocked With the price of gas to go fishing these days (F J B!!) the price is an alternative to costly skunks.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They were the best crankbait I ever used, and the original perch V60 was the best of all of them.

I was getting five strikes to every one my grandson and his dad were getting on the last three bass trips to Davis Lake near Portola CA. They were using different patterns, not perch. I'll see if I can find my airbrush kit and make me a couple perch out of the two other colored warts I have.

I ordered two original wiggle warts on Ebay...$48.00! eek shocked With the price of gas to go fishing these days (F J B!!) the price is an alternative to costly skunks.

Yes the good oldies are spendy. I bought a bunch of new in the boxes Rapala discontinued models, quite spendy.
As far as painting your older ones they make some great lure tape these days in a lot of colors. The flashy holographic types really add something. I’ve cut pieces for the sides of lures and even for adding flash to spinner bait blades and spoons. Peel it off if you don’t like it.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good lord I haven't put a wart on the line in 20 years I bet. I had no idea these things were valuable. I had heard that Tots and Thin Fins had some interest but never heard about warts. I don't understand it myself.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The old Wiggle Warts had a unique action in the water. They "hunted" laterally as they were reeled in. As the lure moved forward wobbling side to side as a crankbait does, the old Warts also veered suddenly left and right by as much as a foot in either direction. When Storm sold the company the molds were updated and that hunting sideways action was no longer in the new Warts. The closest modern crankbait I'm aware of with a similar action is the Spro Rock Crawler. In early spring an old Wart or a Rock Crawler is a pre-spawn bass killer on rocky and gravel banks.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Good lord I haven't put a wart on the line in 20 years I bet. I had no idea these things were valuable. I had heard that Tots and Thin Fins had some interest but never heard about warts. I don't understand it myself.

You never were fortunate to have used wiggle warts. wink

"The old Wiggle Warts had a unique action in the water. They "hunted" laterally as they were reeled in. As the lure moved forward wobbling side to side as a crankbait does, the old Warts also veered suddenly left and right by as much as a foot in either direction. When Storm sold the company the molds were updated and that hunting sideways action was no longer in the new Warts. The closest modern crankbait I'm aware of with a similar action is the Spro Rock Crawler. In early spring an old Wart or a Rock Crawler is a pre-spawn bass killer on rocky and gravel banks."

There's nothing I can find like them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Rapala Scatter Rap has the hunting action. Might be an available alternative that offers a similar action.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
See if you can find some Maglips. They have that "hunting" action also. Salmon love them, as they do Wiggle warts.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,875
Posts18,497,665
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.