Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I almost pumped diesel into a gas car at a BP station .All other gas stations diesel pumps have yellow handles .stopped at a BP station .and their gas had yellow handles and their Diesel had a green handle ,I just caught that in time because use to yellow being diesel .I thought that was stupid of them to switch the color

NRA Life Member
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I think their worst nightmare would be the 24hourcampfire boomer clan descending upon them to ask about the "twitters" and ramble on about Qanon.......phuggin scary schiet right there
He said it best.

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Only-trumpers big mad......but not as big a chris

One of these days I am hoping to read something you post that either makes sense to non-retards or has a scintilla of truth or pertinence to the subject at hand.

So far your thousands of posts have been filled with stupidity and vitriol with a smattering of Tourette-like outbursts….the 6,000+ posts all smell like they’ve been composed by a retard full of undeserved confidence….or a retard with borderline personality disorder.

Either way you keep doing you….nobody else will and besides, it’s too late to turn back now. 😂

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A friend was in the Navy on a FFG (USS Carr). One night while refueling underway JP-5 was put in the drinking water. It wasn't caught until a good bit was pumped. The ship's water system was left contaminate for over a year before put in the yard for maint. He told me the water and coffee tasted like jet fuel and after a shower he felt oily. He has Leukemia. The VA fought him at first, but he knew everything was put in the ship's log. He went online and found it. He has 100% disability now.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BluMtn
When I was still working in the Forklift industry our salesman filled his diesel pickup with gas and made it a couple miles down the road and he said the pickup bucked and died. New engine fixed the problem. Last summer I was at a self serve diesel fill pump and filling my pickup and a gentleman pulls in and he is talking to his wife gets out and starts filling his Dodge with diesel and we talk about the weather and such when I notice that I don't see the cummins badge on the side of his pickup. I ask him if that pickup is a diesel and he responds with a strong yes and trails off to silence as he goes "No", this is my sons gas pickup. We pushed the pickup off the island and he was calling his son to come help him when I left.
My Dodge diesel has a green fuel cap for a reason. I've never made that mistake but I don't know how many times I've had a brain fart half way through filling it and had to look to make sure I didn't screw up. I often fill it at truck islands where there is no gas pump. The big truck nozzles are much faster.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You charged your ex for towing her vehicle to your shop and working on it??? I like where this is going.

-Piss into the wind.
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Once had a dodge pickup with a 383 that had a hydraulic lifter start to tick. Every few months I put in a tank of gasoline topped with 5 gallons of #2 diesel and that clattery lifter would quiet down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Similar experience with Khanarella at a station except it was massive water in the gas.

Like 900 bucks to purge tank and fuel system and yank head of engine.
Another 400 for a vehicle rental.

Probably about 20 or 25 other customers at the station got water in their tanks also.
TN bureau of weights and measures contacted per complaint filed with the station.
The station was helpful in guiding customers thru it all.
Tanker from the distributor is what introduced the water and full reimbursement was paid by them for repairs..
Took about 3 weeks to get reimbursed..
Once I got the paperork from the station verified by the bureau of weights and measures.
The fuel distributor also reimbursed for the rental for a week also.
Insurance was a nothing burger with it all...

About a 1.75 gallons of water in her tank.
For that amount the stations underground tanks had to have had alot of water in em.
This all happened over a 6 hour period after a 5000 gal tanker resupplied them.

Giant logistical, coordination, and phone tag/ email PITA event..

Water slugs are used to separate loads in pipelines. Or used to be
Multiple products being shipped simultaneously over the hundreds or thousands of miles of pipe. Taking delivery of product at a tank farm consists of knowing when to open and shut the valves as desired product is going by, and for how long. That particular shipment then gets shorter in length.

It's not unheard of to get some of that water. It happened with the company I worked
for. We had trucks stopped on the fuel islands, and for miles going away.

Our company immediately took care of customers, the fuel rack made it right for us.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
Its better to put diesel in a gasoline motor than gasoline in a diesel motor. Ask me how I know this haha.

I don't need to. My wife did it about 15 years ago. Gave her endless crap about it - until last year. Expensive remediation both times for not paying attention (Her rig is gas). On us, of course .- our mistakes. I put about 2 gallons of diesel in her car once, before I caught myself. No harm, no foul. Her tank holds over 30 gallons.

About a 50/50 mix both times on the Ram. She had driven about 10 miles before I smelled it in the exhaust when she picked me up. I drove my boo-boo about 50 before catching it, when truck "started funny". Checked the receipt.... AAARRGGHH!

I pretend my 2003 Cummins (both times) actually liked it - still running like a top. Good engines.

Fuggin mechanic ribs me every time I bring it in for other work. If he wasn't so good at what he does, I'd take it somewhere where I'm not yet known.... smile

Last edited by las; 06/07/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm sure BP has caused some mess up with this handle color scheme.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
But

How do ya get a fat diesel nozzle in a skinny no lead gas tank ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman
Once had a dodge pickup with a 383 that had a hydraulic lifter start to tick. Every few months I put in a tank of gasoline topped with 5 gallons of #2 diesel and that clattery lifter would quiet down.

If Escential Lube is still available, you could put about five or six ounces in the crank case and the ticking would not return.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Upperplainsman

If Escential Lube is still available, you could put about five or six ounces in the crank case and the ticking would not return.

MMM........Marvel Mystery Oil ?????

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut
But

Gas nozzle will fit into diesel tank fill, but not the opposite.

I've honestly never seen either switched fuel mistake in all my years at my shop. However, I've seen plenty of gasoline vehicles die shortly after fueling because of water, especially in the 70's contrived fuel shortage era.

-Ken

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But

You can't! But you can get a gas nozzle in a humongous diesel fill tube.
My wife put about 15 gallons of gas in our new '06 Dodge w/Cummins.
Thankfully, she caught it before driving off!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
I think their worst nightmare would be the 24hourcampfire boomer clan descending upon them to ask about the "twitters" and ramble on about Qanon.......phuggin scary schiet right there
He said it best.

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Only-trumpers big mad......but not as big a chris

One of these days I am hoping to read something you post that either makes sense to non-retards or has a scintilla of truth or pertinence to the subject at hand.

So far your thousands of posts have been filled with stupidity and vitriol with a smattering of Tourette-like outbursts….the 6,000+ posts all smell like they’ve been composed by a retard full of undeserved confidence….or a retard with borderline personality disorder.

Either way you keep doing you….nobody else will and besides, it’s too late to turn back now. 😂

Another dumb old bastard that can't take a joke.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by kendibs
But

I've honestly never seen either switched fuel mistake in all my years at my shop. However, I've seen plenty of gasoline vehicles die shortly after fueling because of water, especially in the 70's contrived fuel shortage era.

-Ken
Yes it will! Not the truck stop size but "automotive" diesel is the same size.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But

Tikka, alot of them have the same size nozzles now.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
A friend was in the Navy on a FFG (USS Carr). One night while refueling underway JP-5 was put in the drinking water. It wasn't caught until a good bit was pumped. The ship's water system was left contaminate for over a year before put in the yard for maint. He told me the water and coffee tasted like jet fuel and after a shower he felt oily. He has Leukemia. The VA fought him at first, but he knew everything was put in the ship's log. He went online and found it. He has 100% disability now.
How the hell does that happen?Im sure someone was standing at attention for XOI or Captain’s mast.

Last edited by fester; 06/07/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
But

A lot are the same size.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Originally Posted by kendibs
But

-Ken
Yes it will! Not the truck stop size but "automotive" diesel is the same size.

Yep wife runs a c-store, new one.
The old store had 2 dedicated diesel pumps, 4 nozzles.
3 were the big high delivery ones for trucks, 1 small for autos.

New store has the combo pumps.
Every pump has gas, and either ethanol free or diesel.
The diesel is a green nozzle, and has it's own button to push for diesel.
But the nozzle is small, and if your heads not on right...

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,947
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.