Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
It seems to me that the media and frankly Western culture has decided to declare war on manhood and masculinity. Men are deciding to stop participating in society or are completely checking out. I don't get this desire or hopelessness some men have. Sometimes I think I find enjoyment in being that burr in the progressives' saddle. While I may not win in the end, I'll stick around to be a pain as long as I can. Got the news that a friend decided to punch his own ticket. Hell, there's a pretty good chance he used a pistol I worked over for him. That makes two this year with the same manner of execution and a total of five I know; with the worst being his lips wrapped around a .260 Rem hunting with the butt perched in the floorboard of his truck. My dad came upon him.

If you're thinking about taking the cowardly way out, remember there is help to get you through that rough patch. You can stick around just to be a pain in the ass of your enemies. Don't let those [bleep] win so easily.

There are not a lot of manly men in the younger generations.

Mental illness and depression is still a taboo subject with too many people. We need to get rid of the stigma, so that hurting people are not too afraid to admit their need for help.

If you think a friend may be going through a tough patch, be a frienda dn let them talk, with a goal of guiding to seeking help. You may need to store their firearms until they get the help they need. BE A FRIEND!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[img]https://images.[bleep].com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/raising-the-american-flag-at-iwo-jima-cora-wandel.jpg[/img]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have known several people over the years that have committed suicide. Of course I knew some better than others but always a shock. Several months ago there was a car on the ranch we thought had been abandoned. It was not abandoned. One guy was pretty well known here on the campfire. Found out yesterday a guy I knew committed suicide on Thursday. You ever know what demons people are living with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve only known one person that committed suicide. He was well into his 80’s and had cancer. Loosing his driver license and independence pushed him to it. Sad but he lived a full and mostly happy and productive life. I don’t think that it’s a decision that I’d make and it was traumatic for his niece that found him.

That’s entirely different though from the tragedy of someone healthy and 20,30,40,50 years old in good health ending their life out of depression and despair with what should have been a lot of years ahead of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The few I’ve known(of) were all directly related to one of two things. Terminal medical condition or financial ruin. Thankfully I work in an industry with very few women and even less liberals, and any that are around stay very quiet.

Liberals in western VA construction?

Probably "accidentally" fall into about 40 yards of concrete.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
the biggest problem with men in this country is that people believe what they read and much of that is lies.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Real men don’t have an identity crisis, they know who they are and it’s best to leave it at that.

These ads show what men used to be, before they got neutered and started driving Subarus…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dale06
Neighbor, friend and hunting buddy put a Smith 29 to his own chest a few years back. Was a complete surprise to everyone especially wife and his two pre teen daughters. No note left but apparently he had been hiding major financial issues.

Hard to believe a Minnesotan hit what he was aiming at.

LOL

A friend of mine's ex tried to kill herself while he was sleeping. She pulled her revolver out of her purse, put a pillow over her head and pulled the trigger. Well, she missed and just barely broke her skull. She earned herself the nickname "the marksman" among friends.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,716
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.