-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to use the Coleman extremes but could never get much more than a couple of years out of them before the hinge or handle would break. They were around $50 and after 4-5 of them I said Fook it and bought an Rtic when they first came out and you had a 3 month wait. It was a 65qt. I soon bought another 65, a 45 and a couple of 20’s. They are all still in operation without a single failure. I also have 2 yeti coolers, a mammoth, orca and a lifetime. All have done well and see constant use. My brother has the Pelican elites and my next will probably be one of those.

CK
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm looking for a decent cooler, but a YETI is out of the question and especially my budget.

From those who actually have a good lower priced alternative please chime in.

Here's mine. Pipe insulation and duct tape. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I’m stealing that, except I’m going to call it “Not Yeti”

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
I used to use the Coleman extremes but could never get much more than a couple of years out of them before the hinge or handle would break. They were around $50 and after 4-5 of them I said Fook it and bought an Rtic when they first came out and you had a 3 month wait. It was a 65qt. I soon bought another 65, a 45 and a couple of 20’s. They are all still in operation without a single failure. I also have 2 yeti coolers, a mammoth, orca and a lifetime. All have done well and see constant use. My brother has the Pelican elites and my next will probably be one of those.

The pelican coolers are the best for me, hauling meat 2K miles across the country. But they are not a cheap alternative, that's for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Lifetime Products are made here in Utah. I buy at their outlet stores which have "seconds" at about 2/3 to 1/2 price. I have yet to see what the defect is on any of their products sold that way.

Where is their outlet store located? I may have to check it out.

Here is a link. We have 5 or 6 for personal use and business and have given away 15-20 to customers.Just bought a pallet of them.

Retail Stores

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have 2 Lifetime 55's that I got from Wally world about 5-6 years ago. $99 bucks each. I like them well enough, but I do not think they are roto molded. Or at least the plastic is different.The plastic is much more pliable.

The top is not rigid like the roto molded coolers are. It will sag a little with weight. A little heavy, but serve the purpose.

As for RTIC soft sided coolers. My oldest got one for Christmas 2-3 years back. The zipper broke a few months ago. Called them up to see what they would or wouldn't do. Sent me a new cooler free of charge.
Sample of 1.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm looking for a decent cooler, but a YETI is out of the question and especially my budget.

Getting ready for a raft trip. Stealing this.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I know this doesn't apply to the OP's question but if your looking for a Yeti quality (or better) cooler that is made in America, check out Bison Coolers.

I got the white 25 qt. and 50 qt. coolers for my 25th Anniversary at my old job. I wouldn't pay $600.00 for 2 coolers but free was just the right price! - grin

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/hard-coolers

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/blogs/news/what-we-mean-when-we-say-bison-coolers-are-made-in-america

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve

Getting ready for a raft trip. Stealing this.

So simple but so effective. I'm stealing it too.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by odonata
+1 on the Lifetime recommendation. Mine is USA-made. Really well built. Great clasps on the lid. Certified as bear-resistant (but exact bear size was unspecified wink )

https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-91000-lifetime-115-quart-high-performance-cooler

Might be cheaper at WM.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-115-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-91108/484797545

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Free from the Cat dealer, so what if it's a Yedi?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been on many a two week moose hunt climbing out of the boat with the motor meter saying 80 some odd hours, always took the cooler that was on its last legs . Took food out of chest freezer and put stuff in one of those marine 150 coolers. Dropped in the trip cooler ,let it freeze then filled with items for the trip...placing the last meal in 1st and topping with the first night's dinner ... lasts the entire trip ! The cooler gets its handles an hinges pulled ...and into the fire for that nice heat and light 🔥

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Pro-staff cab coolers the last couple days....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Now I know why steak is $15/lb.

It's not because the ranchers are get'n rich.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 120 quart Igloo from Walmart that I used for my fishing/spearfishing need for over 15 years, paid about $50 for it. I'd fill it with ice and often fish and use it all day in the hot Florida sun, at the end of the day, I'd clean the fish and dump the remaining ice in the yard, it lasted all day and was large enough for the occasional big fish. I finally retired it to the dump and bought another of the same for $75, hard to beat at this price and easy enough to handle. I mainly use coolers these days for hunting game meat for the ride home and the Igloo does just fine. I do like coolers like the RTIC but they are heavy and take up more room. I guess it really matters how long you need to keep the ice solid. I've got a SuperHandy from Amazon and it's been a really good cooler.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I’m stealing that, except I’m going to call it “Not Yeti”

That works too. I put a foam bottom in mine. It sees duty by the BBQ mostly. smile

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have Yeti and Rtic. Cant tell any difference in them. Coleman extreme isn't even close for keeping ice frozen. I take vacation every year for deer season 3 weeks. I fill my Yeti 110 before season and take ice out as we use it top it off when we go to town. The bags of ice on the bottom will still be 1/2 frozen after 3 weeks if not used. With any coleman I had it was all melted after 5 days. I have had the Yeti 8 years and done this with it every year. It is heavy and the number one target of theives but it works. I think they are overpriced but lots of good gear is. From the way it has held up so far I suspect it will last the rest of my life.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,258 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,312
Posts18,526,258
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.