Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I see the weather showing snow in the upper NE states. Also snow in IL,IN, OH, PA, WVA. etc.

GB1

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
threatening here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
3-4 inches fell last night & today... a little more coming tomorrow. Tonight's low temperature predicted to be just 9� above zero (air temperature, not "wind-chill" temperature).

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No snow today, but we have a foot and a half on the ground. The temp today never got above 17.

Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About three inches on the ground now and maybe a half inch more by midnight. The local denizens are all in a panic.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here in Pittsburgh we got probably 2-2.5" since last night, and I think they may be calling for up to an inch more, not positive though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
About three inches on the ground now and maybe a half inch more by midnight. The local denizens are all in a panic.

At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from the Atlantic to the Pacific and from Florida to Alaska, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

One winter day at the old Westinghouse Ordnance plant on US-1 in Lansdowne, artist Mario Mogavero walked through our area muttering "A foot of snow! A foot of snow!" � and after pathological worry-wart Harry rushed out in a panic dash to a window, added " � an inch yesterday, an inch today, an inch tomorrow � "

What most impressed me when I wintered there was that Baltimoron drivers never learn how to brake or accelerate on snow or ice. And they get as many winters as anybody else gets.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from coast to coast and from border to border, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

Well, at least there's consistency on life. They're as bad as ever tired

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DMB
No snow today, but we have a foot and a half on the ground. The temp today never got above 17.

Don

Only about a foot here, none today though. More snow tomorrow. Didn't get above 0f here all day.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
About 3 inches here in SE Alberta this evening. And no wind so it might stay for a change!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 2" out there this morning and it's coming down hard at the moment-- I sure hope this one doesn't get blown away like the last one did.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
About 2" out there this morning and it's coming down hard at the moment-- I sure hope this one doesn't get blown away like the last one did.

I'm in Northeastern CO about 40 miles south of Cheyenne for the next 5 days--about 2 inches and snowing at the moment. I drove over the mountian last night, it was snowing a fair amount in the mountians--they're talking 2-3 ft in the San Juans and Uncompahgre Plateau.

I had an outside job going over here--it ain't happening today cry

But it's been pretty darn dry in the southern Rockies.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was just over there in your favorite town Wednesday Casey. I had to fill up Santa's sacks. (see my new avatar) Had I known, we should of had a beer somewhere.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
About 3 1/2" overnight,here in Pendleton, Oregon and still coming down. Hope Sheriff's Dept. put studs on my car.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
raining here in the valley. sure hope it's snowing in the mtns....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2" on the ground here now calling for 8 to 10 more in the next 24 hours

Last edited by gotlost; 12/07/07.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
At one time or another in seventy-seven years, I've wintered in just shy of twenty states from the Atlantic to the Pacific and from Florida to Alaska, and nobody anywhere gets as panicky over snow as Baltimorons.

You ain't seen the Californians and Texans in Colorado--they can crash a car on a perfectly straight stretch of road when it's snowing--it's one of the great mysteries of life......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are SO LUCKY!!!!! I have never seen a real snow, neither have my kids. When we get snow its snow laden ICE which shuts everything down. Roads close, schools close, EVERYTHING closes. In the deep south, we never see real winter weather. When we get ice storms, th epower lines literally snap under the weight of the ice and we are without power for eons. That is why you see all the south go into panic mode when we are forecasted winter storms. People dont mind the snow...its the ice that causes the drama. When I was a hospice nurse, we had a HUGE ice storm that shut mid Alabama down for about 10 days. We were literally trying to get dying cancer patients into the hospitals because they had no heat. It was awful. So...please send me some snow to Alabama...but keep the ice.

Correction......I HAVE seen one real snow.....we were snowed in for about 4 days in mid March, got 3 feet of snow....and I got pregnant with my son. So....no babies this time...just snow please! (wink)

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami

I'm in Northeastern CO about 40 miles south of Cheyenne for the next 5 days--about 2 inches and snowing at the moment. I drove over the mountian last night, it was snowing a fair amount in the mountians--they're talking 2-3 ft in the San Juans and Uncompahgre Plateau.

I had an outside job going over here--it ain't happening today cry

But it's been pretty darn dry in the southern Rockies.

Casey

You must be within five miles of me then.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
raining here in the valley. sure hope it's snowing in the mtns....

has turned to snow now!!!! grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (257 mag, 3dtestify, 35, 6mmbrfan, 13 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,088
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.