-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i used to have a bunch of beer koozies i had made to pass out at the ranch, all looked the same, and at that time i drank beer pretty steady.
ocassionally id loose a beer, set down someplace i knew where it was, and it would disappear, so i get another one, no worries.

lost one one day, about 30 minutes later i saw a beer in a koozie on the top shelf in the shop and had no idea why id have set it there. grabbed it and took a big pull.
guess it was one id lost weeks ago, cause that can was full of green, black, and white slime.
after that i stopped using koozies, shouldve quit drinking instead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am near sighted, wear glasses for distance only, which I pull off at the bench and then go back looking for them later. Already have a set of magnifiers w split frames around my neck, so. Bad part is I have 5 benches in my shop, in 3 different rooms. I get great exercise hunting my glasses, very regular like. The distance glasses are transitions, so they go clear in a few minutes, making them harder to see if hiding on a powder keg or such.

Just yesterday, I was going out of the walk in door and realized my glasses were still in the reloading room, sitting on a 3# coffee can of brass, so back I went, diagonal criss cross through the entire 1800 sq ft shop building, then back. I have spent days looking for my glasses. Working on a boat, while it is in the water, is never good. Don't ask.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I walked down ~150 feet of driveway, at the ranch, and realized I'd lost a hearing aid!
Couldn't find it. Hired hands young kids asked if I'd give them $5 to find it - I told them "Heck I'll give you $100 if you find it!"
Showed them where I walked. 3 kids / 3 days. It's still there somewhere!

Another is my brain - if anyone happens to see it, please send it home! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bruinruin
More closely related to your situation, Ol_Mike, I was changing the lube in the front axles of my little MF diesel tractor and misplaced one if the drain plugs. Couldn't find it anywhere and tried to find a replacement at all the local stores. It looked like a pretty basic ⅜ pipe thread plug, but it wasn't. I tried a few different plugs before I followed a hunch that came into my head about a week later. That damned plug was right where I left it,...in the console storage of my work truck.

You brought the plug into the stores with you to show them what it looks like, didn't you?

LOL

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
During my short gunsmithing years decades ago, I swore I was going to build a big electromagnet into the ceiling. Flip switch, and just pick dropped part off the magnet.

That would have saved many hands-and-knees hours.

Last edited by las; 06/28/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

306 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 338rcm, 2500HD, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,957 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,529
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.