Originally Posted by 260madman
I live in Mathews country(actually the same town and used to work there). The rest of the competition has "caught them" and they are riding on past reputation. Go and shoot every bow that interests you and compare them. dont let the salesman sway you. Pick what works for you, then decide if you want to spend more or less money for a bow.

For me, Mathews production theme has always been "built for comfort, not speed" the later being where most all manufacturers try to prove their worth today. "Mine is faster, NO.. mine is faster... etc, etc. While I would agree that Mathews doesn't enjoy the large technological advantage it used to, until it's reputation takes a serious dive their bows will hold their resale value better than most.

IMO, the best bow is the one that suits it's owner better than the rest. Mathews remains at or near the top of the field and those who shoot their bows, particularly their older, discontinued versions do so because what they have works for them. If someone else had something that was "the end all, be all" bow these older Mathews wouldn't be able to hold the value you they do within the archery community.

"Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit." -- John Stuart Mill