Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Happy anniversary!

I have a dental tomorrow and book editing. Nothing exciting.
Is turdoe sticking his cock in your mouth?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by troutfly
Happy anniversary!

I have a dental tomorrow and book editing. Nothing exciting.

Thanks very much!
I'm busy putting finishing touches to an article for Canadian Firearms Journal then my monthly fly tying column in Alberta Outdoorsmen.
Have fun with dental.
Jeff

I am happy with civilian dentists. I get the impression that military dentists are hired based on how much they enjoy inflicting pain. laugh

A week or two to edit, some pictures to put in and this will be done.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree totally, mil-spec dentists are sadists.

Interesting looking book. Might just have to snag a copy.

Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Did you get any more editing done? I see they announced the award winners for the various writing categories.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When Obama was in Cedar Rapids, they locked down our daughters block.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Did you get any more editing done? I see they announced the award winners for the various writing categories.

Just finished my piece for CFJ this AM. Next up........fly tying monthly column then start yet another piece for CFJ. Not as busy writing as I wish I was but my "day" job gets in the way of the writing. Hopefully that will change in the next year or so.

List of winners came out yesterday. I'll be getting 1st place plaques off to the engraver tomorrow. Second/third place certificates will be printed pretty quickly.
I have been so busy that I haven't looked at actual the list of names yet. How did you do? I know I'm not on it as I didn't enter any of my work again this year.

Jeff

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When Obama was in Cedar Rapids, they locked down our daughters block.

A bit of a pain isn't it?

Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Just finished my piece for CFJ this AM. Next up........fly tying monthly column then start yet another piece for CFJ. Not as busy writing as I wish I was but my "day" job gets in the way of the writing. Hopefully that will change in the next year or so.

List of winners came out yesterday. I'll be getting 1st place plaques off to the engraver tomorrow. Second/third place certificates will be printed pretty quickly.
I have been so busy that I haven't looked at actual the list of names yet. How did you do? I know I'm not on it as I didn't enter any of my work again this year.

Jeff

I did not enter anything. Next year, one book for sure. I haven’t submitted any magazine articles for publication in about 10 years.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had a four cop cars blocking our cul-de-sac today. They had a guy on the ground yelling at him, rifle pointed. I don't think he understood English, he was kind of slow to respond. He was middle aged, so it was likely a domestic dispute . We live in quiet neighbourhood . I thought of troutfly's post.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I haven't entered since 2012 I think. Won 2nd and 3rd with a short piece about the Duck Stamp. I really should enter more often but I get tangled up as an Awards Committee member I tend to forget the dates till it too late. Go figure.....

You def should enter the book you just wrote. We had several entries this year in that cat.

I have a fly pattern book planned. About all I can say about it is it will be about a unique style of fly created 60 odd years ago by a friend of mine.
Will likely write it while recuperating from a knee replacement in a couple years.

Jeff

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
We had a four cop cars blocking our cul-de-sac today. They had a guy on the ground yelling at him, rifle pointed. I don't think he understood English, he was kind of slow to respond. He was middle aged, so it was likely a domestic dispute . We live in quiet neighbourhood . I thought of troutfly's post.

I've come to the conclusion that it seems to be the quiet neighbourhoods that have flare-ups out of the blue these days.
Quiet around here again, everyone is busy getting out fishin! Or gopher shootin!
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2

I live in a place that has a few hundred people. We had a murder/suicide about 15 years ago and people talked about it for years. That aside, it's always been quiet.

I haven't entered since 2012 I think. Won 2nd and 3rd with a short piece about the Duck Stamp. I really should enter more often but I get tangled up as an Awards Committee member I tend to forget the dates till it too late. Go figure.....

You def should enter the book you just wrote. We had several entries this year in that cat.

I have a fly pattern book planned. About all I can say about it is it will be about a unique style of fly created 60 odd years ago by a friend of mine.
Will likely write it while recuperating from a knee replacement in a couple years.

Jeff

I was going to enter my 30-303 book, but I believe it has to be entered the year it is published.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Ref your 30-303 book, I believe that is right. I know articles/photographs run that way. Bummer.
Have a great evening,
Jeff

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The 6x45 book will probably come out in August. I will get some sent off to whoever judges these things.

Good luck with your book of flies! 😄😄

Edited to add: I did get OOD’s submissions annual sent to me, but at the risk of offending someone, I find their magazine and website tepid. whistle

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Hi Steve,

Sounds good. The awards entry info comes out in late December or early Jan of the following year. The info includes how to submit you entry, usually 2-3 copies of the book to OWC headquarters.
Meanwhile, I'll look to snag a copy for sure when it becomes available.

Thanks. My book idea is long over-due, should be interesting once I get started.

I haven't seen OOD since I left Trenton in 2000. I should check my stash of old magazines and see if I kept any issues from those days.

Have a great day,
Jeff

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,129
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.