Added another option.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I'm just an conscientious observer at this point, I don't know enough about the military to call the man a liar.....but with the insults thrown his way, I sure hope you guys are right that he's full of chiit.

I never had to serve, but respect all that did for the freedom my family enjoys everyday.

A real veteran that did everything that phagg claimed to would either be known by someone else in the large membership of vets here or certainly would have no problem or issue with verifying it, or answering the questions asked by other vets on here. For example any actual BUD/S graduate would gladly and proudly tell their class # after making claims of Team membership. More importantly they would be unlikely to spout off all these wild claims randomly without prompting, especially to unknowns on an internet forum. The majority of vets know what we did or didnt do and dont feel the need to spout it off publically unprompted unless a particular experience may relate to a particular topic/question.

Appreciate the explanation.....popcorn please smile

It shouldn’t require explaining.

It does if you don't know what most of the acronyms mean, I'm not a military man.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 07/05/23.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by goalie
Well, I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that KSMITH is completely full of it.

Carry on.
Of course you are. You don't know [bleep] and got caught. "There are no Marine Brigades"....lol You served honorably and once a Marine, always a Marine...something to be proud of...I ain't so proud of my community anymore. Just hoping EOD works out better for my fiancé's son.

EOD is a far more scrutinous community. And far more problematic. He get through school yet?

Ask him what is on the wall to the schoolhouse, directly as he enters the building, to his immediate left.

Or, and here's a "gimme", what is to his immediate right once he goes down the glass hallway, directly after he leaves the doorway.
He is an E-6 up for Chief right now. We don't see or talk to him much. He is stationed ummm, overseas, goes to one country just to go into another country.Poor dude hasn't sat still since he signed up. He just made a trip through the states for some more training at Bragg and back to country number 2...maybe, I can't keep up. I will ask him your questions tomorrow and see what he says. He is an odd dude, very brainy though. Last time he was home he was working on a robotic arm in the garage. lol Frigging EOD's.

LOL.

K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Swim Buddies? I had several. It was a long 15 years...3 are dead, want their names? Wanna go run to google and look up their graves?

No, you brought up Don.
Don was my first SEL at 2. I wanna say he was a Chief or Senior Chief when I checked in. You gotta understand, we didn't get our Trident and NEC back then. We had a 1 year probationary period and when you checked in, you checked right back out for jump school. Now these guys show up pinned, trained and ready to integrate in their platoons. They have SQT. I never had SQT. Anyways,I didn't like him very much but my cousin thought the world of him. He was a very abrasive guy and I saw him wreck some good people. He took Q-Tips bible away from him on the ride to DS/DS. Then went back stateside for something or other. Just a prick. Fortunately his son turned out to be one hell of a man. Jr has a reputation of drawing fire...at home and overseas.

-Piss into the wind.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I failed BUDS, NPQ Scuba, made Commander, selected for Command at Sea…. Some fails and wins along the way, three deployments to the Sandbox, and oh yeah—- no Purple Heart. I guess my career wasn’t quite as colorful as Karen’s 😂😂😂😂

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I'm just an conscientious observer at this point, I don't know enough about the military to call the man a liar.....but with the insults thrown his way, I sure hope you guys are right that he's full of chiit.

I never had to serve, but respect all that did for the freedom my family enjoys everyday.

A real veteran that did everything that phagg claimed to would either be known by someone else in the large membership of vets here or certainly would have no problem or issue with verifying it, or answering the questions asked by other vets on here. For example any actual BUD/S graduate would gladly and proudly tell their class # after making claims of Team membership. More importantly they would be unlikely to spout off all these wild claims randomly without prompting, especially to unknowns on an internet forum. The majority of vets know what we did or didnt do and dont feel the need to spout it off publically unprompted unless a particular experience may relate to a particular topic/question.

Appreciate the explanation.....popcorn please smile

It shouldn’t require explaining.

It does if you don't know what most of the acronyms mean, I'm not a military man.
Just remember Mk1 Mod 0. The original one, the first model with no modifications. Unless it is my pecker, it is the MK1 Mod 1, it ain't original.....At one time it became a MK1 Mod 2, but I restored it to a Mod 1.....

-Piss into the wind.
K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by WAM
I failed BUDS, NPQ Scuba, made Commander, selected for Command at Sea…. Some fails and wins along the way, three deployments to the Sandbox, and oh yeah—- no Purple Heart. I guess my career wasn’t quite as colorful as Karen’s 😂😂😂😂
Nothing to be ashamed of at all in my book. At least you tried which many don't have the heart to even do that. Dive training was tough for me. There is nothing like trying to inhale off a regulator and....nothing. Can't even inhale period. It terrorized the schitt out of me and still does to this day. I was really having a tough time in the pool with all those guys trying to drown me. To this day, I hate the beach and I hate the ocean. Everything in the ocean wants to see you dead. Eat you, poison you or drown you. Take your pick. A wise man stays the fawk out of the ocean.

That sand chafe in BUD/s was horrible. Armpits, inner thighs, ass crack. Every time you hit the beach it burned like hell. Every time you screwed up...or didn't "go make me a sand cookie" and it just never stops. Good times!!!

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And, no, the Marines Corps doesn't have brigades.

Not anymore, that I am aware of at least and they certainly don't in their normal unit structure.
I believe there used to be Marine Expeditionary Brigades, which was the larger precursor of sorts to Regimental Combat Teams. It gets really convoluted and ambiguous, but the Corps at least used to have brigades.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KSMITH, I don't have a dog in this fight (unless this is indeed a case of stolen valor, then eff you), but you could really clear things up if you would post a picture of your DD-214 like another member did here. You can blank out your name and SS# for security. That's all it would take to clear this whole mess up. Simple as that. And I 100% think you are full of crap if you say yours is illegible, because even my father's from the Vietnam era is fully legible.

So, are you game? If not, then let's see what kind of creative excuse you can come up with.

In summary, you can post up your DD-214 and prove that you aren't full of sheet OR you can keep arguing and inciting further doubt as to your pedigree. So, what's it gonna be? Had you rather prove you're a pipehitter or rather argue and continue to cast insults?

Also, where can we find your podcast you mentioned?

And just an FYI for you naysayers, the Marines do indeed have brigades. As a matter of fact, my next door neighbor when I lived just outside Camp Lejeune was a Colonel in the 2nd MEB (Marine Expeditionary Brigade) and deployed to Djibouti and Iraq with it.
2nd MEB

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/05/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Not anymore, that I am aware of at least and they certainly don't in their normal unit structure.
I believe there used to be Marine Expeditionary Brigades, which was the larger precursor of sorts to Regimental Combat Teams. It gets really convoluted and ambiguous, but the Corps at least used to have brigades.

They didn't when I was in.

We are solidly into "pics or it didn't happen" territory though.

Not one pic doing cool guy stuff. Black out your face if you have to, but any man that won't show off his hair gel game ain't no seal

IC B3

K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K

As I said, they stood this one up for the first time in a long time. I remember them making a big deal out of it. I have worked/deployed with many MEU's in my time and participated in getting them their SOC stamp during SOCEX. Takes place at Camp Lejeune and lasts about a week. Not sure they even do that anymore. Rangers became our RFQ sometime after 9/11. Marines are pretty good at killing and blowing up everything.

Here is a heads up, the Marines are driving to become small SO squads that will be rapidly deployable world wide inside 8 hours notice. They already gave up their tanks and other heavy equipment. Can't recall the name of the initiative though..Marine something 2030???

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
And just an FYI for you naysayers, the Marines do indeed have brigades. As a matter of fact, my next door neighbor when I lived just outside Camp Lejeune was a Colonel in the 2nd MEB (Marine Expeditionary Brigade) and deployed to Djibouti and Iraq with it.
2nd MEB

Yeah, I just talked to a recon kid I work with and he laughed and called me old when I asked.

MEU became MEB

K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K

They didn't when I was in.

We are solidly into "pics or it didn't happen" territory though.

Not one pic doing cool guy stuff. Black out your face if you have to, but any man that won't show off his hair gel game ain't no seal
Like this?
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Or this?[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

-Piss into the wind.
K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
2nd MEB

Yeah, I just talked to a recon kid I work with and he laughed and called me old when I asked.

MEU became MEB
Well Schitt dude, you really hammered me about though didn't you?

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fortunately his son turned out to be one hell of a man.
Sadly his family would be the first to argue that.

Dosen't sound like you know what happened to Adam?
He deployed with 1 eye, basically one good arm, had to learn to shoot and qualify weak handed.
You should read his book.

Recommend the book for everyone !!
FEARLESS

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

K
KSMITH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
KSMITH, I don't have a dog in this fight (unless this is indeed a case of stolen valor, then eff you), but you could really clear things up if you would post a picture of your DD-214 like another member did here. You can blank out your name and SS# for security. That's all it would take to clear this whole mess up. Simple as that. And I 100% think you are full of crap if you say yours is illegible, because even my father's from the Vietnam era is fully legible.

So, are you game? If not, then let's see what kind of creative excuse you can come up with.

In summary, you can post up your DD-214 and prove that you aren't full of sheet OR you can keep arguing and inciting further doubt as to your pedigree. So, what's it gonna be? Had you rather prove you're a pipehitter or rather argue and continue to cast insults?

Also, where can we find your podcast you mentioned?

2nd MEB
It does no good. The haters will say I faked it, stole it...whatever and in no way will you get my name. You dudes are absolutely rabid about my service. I am not about to deal with your schitt at my work, personal business or home.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a heads up, the Marines are driving to become small SO squads that will be rapidly deployable world wide inside 8 hours notice. They already gave up their tanks and other heavy equipment. Can't recall the name of the initiative though..Marine something 2030???

Nobody gives a s#$t what you Google about the Corp. STFU or post a pic of you doing SEAL stuff.

I'll start. Here's me with a Republican Guard mech infantry regimental colors I got randomly clearing buildings in Kuwait City without telling anyone where I was because it was super secret squirrel stuff with no muster and I don't remember the other units*

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

*Not really, they kinda keep track of you in the real world.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KSmith, when was this Fallujah back 'breaking' incident of yours?
Vigilant Resolve? al-Fajr? Something else?

Not flaming one way or the other. Just curious as I spent my fair share of time in that shïthole.

When you say you first CAR, where did you get your second? Both during OIF?

Last edited by T_Inman; 07/05/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It does no good. The haters will say I faked it, stole it...whatever and in no way will you get my name. You dudes are absolutely rabid about my service. I am not about to deal with your schitt at my work, personal business or home.

You brought all your military heroics up. Everyone is calling bull because your timelines don't make sense, you're vague when asked specifics, and you claim to have done everything but be the space shuttle door gunner.

You could do exactly what I did, with "Goalie eats crayons" on your dd214. Let's see the multiple CARs.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Page 16 of 96 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 95 96

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (Amos63, 7887mm08, 44mc, 3dtestify, 35, 8MMX57JS, 8 invisible), 993 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,207
Posts18,524,265
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.