Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
At least sime of this is summertime related. At least around here. Criminals don’t like to be out stealing stuff in the dead of winter. Thieving picks up during the warmer seasons. Pawn shops are a great dumping ground for lots of that type of stuff.

Gotta give a DL and thumb print to pawn anything around here. Same goes for scrap yards over a certain dollar amount. Makes em a bit nervous to know a stolen pawned item can be traced to them.

Swifty

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Spending money you don't have to impress people you don't know.

THIS X 1000

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Extravagant debt is a societal issue that affects our National community as a whole. This will become more and more evident as people default on their loans, or worse.
Student loans are a good example. How much less would people be paying for a college education if the education industry wasn’t artificially inflated and propped up by the federal government?

Yes ... the easy access to student loans made the price of a college education go through the roof.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Never understood why some people make such a big deal out of how long or how much so one else spends on a vehicle. Doesn't make a rats azz to me if people want to drive a truck for 3 years or 20. Many people get a lot of pleasure out of owning a newer vehicle. Its no feather in anyones cap if someone wants to drive the wheels off a beater.
None of us needs what we own. We own stuff because we enjoy it. No ones business other than the people paying for it.
The people making a big deal about what others spend, don't really care! It just gives them something to bitch about on the net. Most of those bitching couldn't buy a fuggn used Pinto, yet they sure know how to bitch about others, spending habits. 🤔

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
And houses where I live that went for 250 - 300K about 3 years ago with a next to nothing 30yr mortgage interest rate, are now going for 700K + with 30yr rates at 7+%. When the shcit hits the fan, you wonder how people who can’t come up with the thousand dollar emergency expense check are going to be able to make their $3000 monthly mortgage payment and thousand dollar truck payment. I guess that’s when it all starts to crumble apart and maybe that’s good to bring things back to reality

Last edited by GAGoober; 07/08/23.
IC B2

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While many good points have been made about "living beyond ones means", my take away is somewhat different.

People don't bring ATV's, turcks or houses into pawn shops. They bring stuff they can carry - jewelry, guns, watches, etc. In this case, all in an attempt to stop the bleeding of what is a structural increase (i.e. not temporary) of cost of living.

Unfortunately, one can only go so far in selling assets, then you run out of assets to sell.

No doubt, this pattern was expected when The Left implemented their "build back better" plan.

You can be sure, the CIA is taking notes of this pattern and others. Ready to drop the next hammer on the people and continue to work their way up the food chain.

One slice at at time, keeping anxiety levels high, culminating in a thorough crushing of America.

BTW, expecting this asset sell-off is perhaps the major reason Team Biden instituted $600+ 1099's for annual bank deposits. And hired 87,000 more IRS agents.

Last edited by SupFoo; 07/08/23.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Cash-strapped Americans are panic-searching "pawn shop near me." The search trend spiked to a record high at the start of July and is an ominous sign the consumer might be pawning items or selling things that were possibly bought during the Covid boom to raise quick money amid the worst inflation storm in a generation.

Let's begin by analyzing Google search data for "pawn shop near me." The search trend started surging in January and exploded higher in the last few months to record highs just days ago.

Hat Tip: ZeroHedge

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Things like this are the little things that people who are mistakenly saying everything will be fine, are actually missing. There are alot of things that indicate things are really bad and getting worse daily. Like credit debt hitting a trillion dollars, new record. Record amount of people drawing from their retirement. Many indicators of the coming storm

This is the goal of the federal reserve raising rates. They are trying to kill the economy and stop the demand for goods to lower interest. This is the planned outcome of the raise in interest rates. They need buying to stall and let inflation get to 2% or so and they will start lowering rates to jump start the economy again This entire series of events is the outcome of all the free money, no evictions, no rent payments, no school loan payments, inflated unemployment, stimulus and covid money that was pumped into the system... crazy inflation that raises all of our prices and then a federal reserve that kills the economy to slow inflation. The United States (supposedly) voted for this.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Try borrowing even a small sum of money if you haven't had any debt in several years. The bankers won't give you the time of day, let alone loan you any money, unless you're already up to your eyeballs in credit card payments!
This is not true. You can maintain a high credit score with zero debt. It will not be the highest, but high enough to obtain a loan.
Mine is 830, and I haven’t owed anyone a dime in over a decade now. I don’t really give a chit if anyone will loan me money, but I expect they would.

That cant be true.... without using credit your score would go to zero. You must have a mortgage or use a credit card that you pay off every month or something.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Extravagant debt is a societal issue that affects our National community as a whole. This will become more and more evident as people default on their loans, or worse.
Student loans are a good example. How much less would people be paying for a college education if the education industry wasn’t artificially inflated and propped up by the federal government?

Yes ... the easy access to student loans made the price of a college education go through the roof.

While many colleges carry endowments of hundreds of millions, sometimes more. Why should a college that has hundreds of millions of dollars in just their endowment alone not put some skin into the game instead of forcing kids to go into debt for their $75,000 a year education? Any loan forgiveness should come heavily from the colleges that created the mess. They profited bigly and now they should pay bigly…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oakster
Try borrowing even a small sum of money if you haven't had any debt in several years. The bankers won't give you the time of day, let alone loan you any money, unless you're already up to your eyeballs in credit card payments!
This is not true. You can maintain a high credit score with zero debt. It will not be the highest, but high enough to obtain a loan.
Mine is 830, and I haven’t owed anyone a dime in over a decade now. I don’t really give a chit if anyone will loan me money, but I expect they would.

That cant be true.... without using credit your score would go to zero. You must have a mortgage or use a credit card that you pay off every month or something.

That’s very true oakster. I quit using credit cards several years ago but then saw my score begin falling so I went out and got 3 cards and rotate a couple purchases a month between them. I have the online banking pay them in full each month unless I decide to do it sooner. Managing your credit cards with the online banking is simple and handy. I don’t carry a balance or need to worry about interest but I have to have cards otherwise my credit score is affected….if you pay cash and don’t need credit you are considered less reliable in their eyes. I view the man with the cash on hand to buy what he wants as the better risk versus the guy that needs to finance his dinner. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
While many colleges carry endowments of hundreds of millions, sometimes more. Why should a college that has hundreds of millions of dollars in just their endowment alone not put some skin into the game instead of forcing kids to go into debt for their $75,000 a year education? Any loan forgiveness should come heavily from the colleges that created the mess. They profited bigly and now they should pay bigly…

College education is a fugg'n racket. Premium price for a chity product.

No way those colleges are going to voluntarily cough-up any of the loot.

There should be racketeering charges brought against 90% and squeeze the money out them

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've noticed some deals on shooting stuff lately. Greyboe was 35% off everything the other day $1500 swfa scopes were $700, everyone has ar parts on sale.

I think the price of wants will go down as the price of needs like food, fuel, and housing keep climbing.

Bb

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yep…any other corporations that put out as many defective products as the universities have would be liable for their malfeasance and subject to financial repercussions. Congress could enact a one time tax or assessment on college endowments and enact a freeze on their ability to raise tuition and fees. If the universities want to use race as a deciding factor in admissions and if they think that if they embrace social radicals on their campuses that they’re furthering progress then they should be responsible for the end product that they produce. If they want to back the “tear it all down and burn the rich” attitude of their students they shouldn’t be surprised if they’re torn in the process.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My wife and I graduated from undergrad school in 1970. We got our first credit card in 1970 when I was a young 2LT at Fort Benning GA. In 53 years we’ve never paid a penny of interest on a credit card. I used the GI Bill to pay for grad school and my wife got fellowships for two Masters degrees and a Doctorate. We both had well paying careers and are now retired in our mid 70’s and live well within our means.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SupFoo
While many good points have been made about "living beyond ones means", my take away is somewhat different.

People don't bring ATV's, turcks or houses into pawn shops. They bring stuff they can carry - jewelry, guns, watches, etc. In this case, all in an attempt to stop the bleeding of what is a structural increase (i.e. not temporary) of cost of living.

Unfortunately, one can only go so far in selling assets, then you run out of assets to sell.

No doubt, this pattern was expected when The Left implemented their "build back better" plan.

You can be sure, the CIA is taking notes of this pattern and others. Ready to drop the next hammer on the people and continue to work their way up the food chain.

One slice at at time, keeping anxiety levels high, culminating in a thorough crushing of America.

BTW, expecting this asset sell-off is perhaps the major reason Team Biden instituted $600+ 1099's for annual bank deposits. And hired 87,000 more IRS agents.
Spot on.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oakster

Credit card-0 balance.
Is it debt if you pay it in full every month before the due date?

Last edited by gregintenn; 07/08/23.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 1minute
Try borrowing even a small sum of money if you haven't had any debt in several years.

No debt and if the bank refused, we will move all of our accounts elsewhere.

Calls to mind a time we did that, very strange. My brother and I wanted to borrow a small amount to buy a piece of property neighboring our farm. We didn’t want to take out a mortgage, just a small, short term loan. They said no. The funny part: We had over three times the sun we wanted to borrow on deposit in that bank and offered to secure the loan with cash! I had a good, high-profile locally, well-paid job, neither of us had a mortgage, and my brother was the bank’s attorney! We went to the credit union office (within sight of the bank) and the loaned us the money, no questions asked. We closed out our accounts at the bank. Never did find out what was going on.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 35, 338rcm, 6mmbrfan, 16 invisible), 1,367 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,451
Posts18,507,954
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.