Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by rufous
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Wait 6-12 months. If not you’re going to be underwater on that mortgage for the foreseeable future. The smart money is cashed up waiting for buying opportunities.
Same with buying vehicles.

Well we haven't found a house to buy yet but I don't see any real change in the market here in my area. Are you all still thinking that a recession is looming? Some of the houses we have considered have sold for asking price or more. Some have dropped in price a few times and still are on the market but still overpriced.

None of the markets I track in VA and WV have softened.

Hell... a lot in Brandywine WV (almost zero appeal) just sold at $30k/acre... in my mind it was worth $5k maybe... Some idiot with Montana tags on a late model F350 and mag wheels.

Who the fugg knows anymore...

I sure as chit do not see this economic game of musical chairs ending well.
Seeing the same thing here.
I will say, we aren’t feeling it yet, but architects/engineers are saying they aren’t near as backlogged, some subs saying they’re not pricing as many jobs, had a few people calling and offered to drop price I’d Id sign a contract trying to keep their schedules full etc.. there’s enough signs that I wouldn’t bet big on 2024. Election results could swing things either way.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I will say, we aren’t feeling it yet, but architects/engineers are saying they aren’t near as backlogged.

Architects and engineers are blithering idiots 95% of the time...

The only product most produce is bare bones minimum compliance to Code for the karens of the world that want a "certified" product.

I exceed Code substantially most of the time... and/or ignore it when Code is stupid...

I am still stunned Ox-Board is a real product... and A/E approved.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
OP, IMO you should buy a new home if you want to. I'm betting nobody here has made millions selling financial or economic advice to the general public. Long term, housing in a good area is a great investment.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
rufous Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
We will either buy a house if we find one that we like and can agree on the price or buy property and build or put a modular on it. We found a 20.9 acre property we like but it appears that city water is not available there. I am not sure what it would cost to drill a well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like to buy acreage with an old distressed POS mobile home on it that everyone's afraid of just so the power, water and septic is already in place.

Just insure the schit outta the mobile and burn it down...

IC B2

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
I like to buy acreage with an old distressed POS mobile home on it that everyone's afraid of just so the power, water and septic is already in place.

Just insure the schit outta the mobile and burn it down...
Best advice so far

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Try bankrate.com for best interest rates. We are closing on a vacation/eventual retirement home (so second home for financing as we aren’t selling this one anytime soon) on Monday and got a 30yr at 6.125% with only 0.2pts back in mid June. No one else was within 0.5%. That’s with Northpointe. Whole process has gone very quick and smooth too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rufous
I am looking to buy my 4th home. The last home I bought was in 2016 and I sold it in April of 2021. I have been renting since then. Mortgage rates have gone up a bunch since 2016 when I got my last mortgage. I need to get a pre approval letter from a lender but am not sure how best to proceed. I am not an expert in obtaining mortgages but basically hope to find a lender with low fees and low rates. As I remember it, some lenders have lower fees and lower interest rates than others.

I have enough cash from the sale of home number 3 to put anywhere from about 50 to 80% down on the next home.

I have a checking account with US Bank with what will be our down payment in that account and it seems their fees are reasonable but I have not done much shopping around yet.

Anyway, I wonder if some of you might offer some advice or tips on how best to secure the best mortgage. Thanks!

Hold what you heave until things level out. It's a bad time to flip a house.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Check your credit unions. Some of ours have deals at times that lower the fees involved. It's a tough time to buy right now and a tough time to rent too so ots hard to say what to do. I thought my brother in law was nuts building a new 6000 square ft home about 20 miles north of SLC in an expensive area 4 years ago.

Prices seemed high at the time and he was paying about $700,000 but had 2.25% mortgage rates. That home is worth 2 million now. I was there the other day and told him I'm glad you didn't listen to me and wait to build this. He said if we would have waited we'd never have a home like this.

Homes are com8ng down in price where we live now. For a few years you never even saw a for sale sign because homes sold before they could put a sign up. Now there's for sale signs everywhere.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muddinmetal
Anyone who buys a house right now and absolutely doesn't HAVE to, if a fućking idiot.

Not true.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,067
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.