Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
smokepole;
Thanks for the reply and hunt report therein.

Too bad about not packing a bear tag for sure.

When we first moved to BC, I wanted to shoot a bear or three and did just that and subsequently quick packing a bear tag.

All the bears I ran into after that ran away like good bears and the sun was sunny and the skies were not cloudy all day, until one morning this little idiot 4 or 5 year old didn't run away like a good bear.

Somehow it thought it could take the little fellow in the cowboy hat smokepole, despite me casting aspersions upon it's parenthood, lack of personal hygiene, overall appearance, etc. I'm told I'm loud for my size and had the volume at 11 as one might imagine, all the while pointing a .308 Norma at the thing, explaining that there were only 3 in it so the next sound it'd hear was going to be loud and terminal.

Anyways smokepole, after that little episode on the mountain I ponied up $15 for a BC resident bear tag, the theory being it's easier to notch a tag rather than have to call the CO over some fruitcake bear.

So a bear tag is the first tag I buy each spring when I renew my hunting license and even when cutting firewood in spring, there's a noisemaker or two in the pickup.

I want to say this year in the yard and immediate neighborhood we've had at least 3 single bears, the two that were treed the other day one of which might have been one of the three previous, then a honey sow with a cinnamon cub and this past Monday chocolate with cinnamon tips sow with 3 black cubs.

I do believe I'm close to suffering from some sort of bruin fatigue from them all.

All the best once more and again good hunting.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 09/15/23. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, if only I'd cast aspersions, he might have run off sooner Better to have bear problems and bear fatigue than to live someplace where there aren't any.

Cheers Dwayne.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Oooohhhh...report generated? Location name and we can access it.
Funny.. you obviously learnt a few things... like the FACT you are an idiot POS. Like the fact I an in the 99.9% for height. Yet you had me pegged at short.

You pegged me at "short" because it means a lot to you. I am in the 99.9% metric.

That proves several things...
Sheriff Joe is a retard and you're seven feet tall?
Yes and no. Joe is a short retard with serious insecurities about his height. I am not 7' tall, but I am in the 99.9th percentile.

Attacking anyone on the internet over physical measures you do not know is ridiculous. It also means you believe it to be an insult. Only retards with a little man complex would insult someone over their height.

Then the moron went off on me for never doing anything. Linking a few prior threads should have settled that for him...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny.. you obviously learnt a few things... like the FACT you are an idiot POS. Like the fact I an in the 99.9% for height. Yet you had me pegged at short.

You pegged me at "short" because it means a lot to you. I am in the 99.9% metric.

A whannnbulance has been dispatched to your location. Until it arrives, continue screaming at the sky.

Obvious, it doesn't take much to trigger you, little guy. Neighbors put red flags on your trailer, yet?

Whatever you say Runt.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
(({whanh whanh}))

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody please check on the crying baby. IT will be easy to identify... maybe 36" long with a full beard and a fuller diaper...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I used a mink oil /beeswax mix on my last pair of boots (Scarpas). After ten years the leather was starting to crack a bit on one boot but they have remained fairly waterproof. The Vibram soles are worn nearly smooth.
My new Asolos are being treated the same way, and if I get ten years out of them, I'll probably be good. They have a gortex liner, so they are a bit different as far as waterproofing goes. GD

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
always even if the boots are gortex. It keeps the leather from getting wet and cold

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I would suggest the wifeys hair dryer instead of a heat gun they don't need to be 350 degrees just warm them up, I used a standard applicator brush (new) that you use for putting kiwi on.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Didn't read the whole thread, but a Kenetrek retailer recently told me that any warranty was void unless their products were used to treat the boots.

This made me wonder a few things like-how do they test it and are their leather products just rebranded obenaufs and nikwax ?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tripod3
Didn't read the whole thread, but a Kenetrek retailer recently told me that any warranty was void unless their products were used to treat the boots.

This made me wonder a few things like-how do they test it and are their leather products just rebranded obenaufs and nikwax ?
I believe it's rebranded this:
[Linked Image from media.farmstore.com]
[Linked Image from media.farmstore.com]

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Apply bi-weekly.

LOL

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Apply bi-weekly.

LOL
If a bi is applying it, weakly is an understatement...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
Good way to ruin the leather. Ask me how I know.

When I got my Kennetrek boots, I asked what the best leather treatment was. They told me Nikwax and no heat. Why mess with a $500.00 pair of boots with a $10.00 treatment?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by KC

When I got my Kennetrek boots, I asked what the best leather treatment was. They told me Nikwax and no heat. Why mess with a $500.00 pair of boots with a $10.00 treatment?
Because it actually works...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by KC

Because it actually works...

Exactly and beeswax and poultice is a not the answer, yet everyone is trying to fix a problem with the wrong solution…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Yes and no. Joe is a short retard with serious insecurities about his height. I am not 7' tall, but I am in the 99.9th percentile.

Attacking anyone on the internet over physical measures you do not know is ridiculous. It also means you believe it to be an insult. Only retards with a little man complex would insult someone over their height.

Then the moron went off on me for never doing anything. Linking a few prior threads should have settled that for him...
Yeah and 99.9% of adults are between 4' and 8' tall so you can still be a really shrimpy little thief and be within that range.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We all were hoping your testicles install surgery would have been successful.

Unfortunately, it was not and you'll remain a woman...
...and still a deliberately stupid weak poster.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I've used wax toilet rings with a heat gun on my work boots and hunting boots for years. No issues whatsoever and works well.

I did the same but now my toilet wobbles.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yeah and 99.9% of adults are between 4' and 8' tall so you can still be a really shrimpy little thief and be within that range.

A little remidial arithmatic course would really help you. After that, try a basic Logic course...

Last edited by Sitka deer; 12/19/23.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.