GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
75 ELD with TAC or LVR.

Q.E.D. grin

Rather than the proper Latin, my grad school friends and I jokingly said that stood for Quite Easily Done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman
75 ELD with TAC or LVR.

Q.E.D. grin

Rather than the proper Latin, my grad school friends and I jokingly said that stood for Quite Easily Done.
I was hoping you would see that little Easter egg, haha.

In this case, the “proof” was Quite Easily Done. 😉

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by beretzs
That Trijicon looks good up there Igloo!

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
That Trijicon looks good up there Igloo!
I agree. That setup should work damn well.

Thank you both! Happy to hear that I am on the right track. It feels/handles very well, and I see why everyone likes the Sports Match rings so much. Think the same scope and ring combo is going on this one's big game caliber sibling.

Its not torqued down or anything here yet, just in lightly tightened rings for now to see. Soon as I can escape work and the big city I'll degrease, loctite and torque down properly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

75 ELD with TAC or LVR.

Q.E.D. grin

Thank you! Think I'll start with the 75gr ELD, 77gr SMK or TMK, and TAC. Can always try some lighter bullets with TAC while I am at it just to see, too.

Just ordered one of these magazines from the fellow here. They look rough arounnd the edges but if they work, they work. Will let me run the 75 ELD or whatever else out long as I want to for $47 to the door? Sure.

https://mag3d.ca/product/tikka-t3-t3x-223-rem/

Last edited by Igloo; 07/18/23.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looking great buddy. Liking those sportsmatch rings and that scope combo. Perfect height rings from the looks of it. Let us know how it performs for you. I expect very good results. Those Tikka's shoot lights out. Amazing little lightweight rifles they are..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Seafire! What's wrong with 335?

Well, I've always said it is harder to fine a powder that works best in a 223, vs the others.. It digests about anything.

I have two blow ups using H 335, in 223s. 25 grains with a 55 grain bullet.

Had to repair a stock once and not long afterward had to replace a bolt...eventually just sold the rifle off to a gun smith.
Ruger 77 Mk 2.

I am speculating their may have been some bad batches of H 335 that left the factory. One blow up was a Black Hills Ammunition factory load, the other was one of my handloads.

But as I said, pretty much anything works well in a 223., so with so many other options, why do I ever need to try H 335 ever again... and those experiences were almost 20 years ago....

On the flip side about the 223 to 500 yds. This past winter and spring I was going over to my local range, 3 miles from home. They have 12 inch steel gongs hung out at 300 and 400 yds... With 50, 52, 53 and 55 grain bullets, most of this winter and spring, I 'd go over that 20 or 30 rounds loaded with those bullets weight. 4 x 16 Cabelas Convenant Rifle Scope on top, I was ringing steel with 85% plus with my shots. Rifle was either a Ruger VT in 223 or a Remington 700 Varmint, 1 in 12 twist....

I was doing that with loads ranging from 8.5 to 9.5 grains of Unique, 2100 to 2300 fps MV. So if I could do that, with a load that light, reaching 500 yds wasn't that hard, and wouldn't be with any other 223 load, which would be much flatter shooting.

Why would I do that? Well, it tightens up your distance shooting abilities. You don't loose sight picture thru the scope, because the recoil is so light., and it maximizes your powder resources. I have plenty of primers, and plenty of range pick up brass...and I did that January thru May, and into early June. With under 10 grains of powder in each round, overall I shot over 700 rounds during that period of time out of the two rifles.

That cost me exactly one pound of Unique powder. So now I'm down to like only 21 pounds of Unique, left in my powder closet. But I've been able to recharge the number of pounds of Blue Dot, Alliant Steel, H 110 and a host of about half a dozen other pistol and shot gun powders.

some one asked me if I could go further out, and told him I didn't know. So he pulled out his spotting scope and I shot at plates at 500, 550 and 600 yds/meters. He came off his scope laughing..." Did I miss that bad?"

Nope, he said he could see the paint fly off the steel plate, but there was so little oomph left in the bullet, it didn't even make the plate wiggle or swing... he removed one of his ear muff sides and also said he couldn't even hear a tink when the bullet made contact, but thru the scope he could see the white paint chip off the steel.

Yeah I do crazy off the wall stuff like that... but it sure helps with learning long distance shooting, even on a budget.

700 rounds plus in 5 months, and only 1 pound of Unique powder used....

When I pulled the trigger each time, I often If I had more distance or more altitude in elevation, getting the bullet to the target. 300 & 400 yds, you could see the plate react to the hit and could hear the 'tink' of the bullet making contact...
by 500 yds, you couldn't see the plate wiggle or the bullet hit... but the guy with the 45 power spotting scope could see the paint flake off....

so a 500 yd shot with a proper loaded 223, and a 75 grain HP, or tipped bullet ought to be a piece of cake...

Best of luck on your endeavours.
cheers,
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Blow ups" is code for a Drooling Fhuqking Retard being in over her pointy head. Hint.

'335/50's at 500yds+. Hint.

Pass the 75 ELD's and Lever'. Hint......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
55gr green tip out to 500 was money with open sights M16. However, that was years ago and young eyes....

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MGunns
55gr green tip out to 500 was money with open sights M16. However, that was years ago and young eyes....

You mean 62gr green tip?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by MGunns

You mean 62gr green tip?

That was years ago. Back when he had young eyes and a young mind.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
"Blow ups" is code for a Drooling Fhuqking Retard being in over her pointy head. Hint.

'335/50's at 500yds+. Hint.

Pass the 75 ELD's and Lever'. Hint......................

sez a short guy with a que ball for a head, and small beady eyes...and that stupid look on his face.. with his two working brain cells...

have a great day Stumpy....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery…you “lucky” kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can “afford” to “contribute”. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING………….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee Stumpy, took you all of 10 minutes to find that post and post another one of your cut and paste responses, that you've used well over 10,000 times to no one in particular....

so we can all gather, you're not out working.. don't over stress those two working brain cells...

have a good day Stumpy, spending your time putting another coat of wax on that chrome dome of yours, jerking off in the outhouse, and taking some of your rifles down to the stream for a swim to clean them... and get them rust camo'ed.

Ain't easy being Schtick, is it?

Later Grue'sum....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

You are a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Brokedick Schit,smitten with Man Lust and fending perpetual Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Simply pardon exceptional wares that exist,as you Pretend aloud. You can't even summons a picture of your own. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

For context,quantify how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Seafire, thanks for posting your experience/loads/anecdotes. A guy'd be shooting just about forever with those loads. Have to admit I would dig popping grouse with them around camp too.

Mr Stick,

What would be a good target starting/finishing load for the Leverite There powder and the 75gr ELD-M if you don't mind me asking? Have a hunch you've spent a few primers igniting just a bit of it lol. Do you chase a certain velocity? Read tea leaves of cases to see what pressure looks like? Have a general rule to follow?

BSA,

Thanks again! I will make sure to post when I get it out and shoot, with the chrono along too.

Last edited by Igloo; 07/20/23.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot Moly Smooches expressly and have a goodly sized herd of fast twist 223's and 223 AI's. Hint.

Teeker T3 mags suck heavy ass and slam doors shut. Though I only have (4) 1-8" Teeker 223's,they are all either sipping from CTR or AICS mags. None Smooch longer than 2.520" COAL,which is easily arranged in said mags. Hint.

Just sayin'.......................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone tried these in their 223 tikka? OAL at 2.555

https://mag3d.ca/product/tikka-t3-t3x-223-rem/

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pards have and they are Dog Schit,plus you are left suffering the OEM bottom “metal” and it’s schit release. Hint.

Go CTR or AICS, depending upon how you are vested and never look back. Hint………..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any sources for 223 CTR mags that are not breaking the bank?

That's how I found those guys.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last batch of CTR mags I ordered,was from EuroOptic. Hint......................

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,288
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.