Beat you!

I am MAGA.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I would think new vegetation springing up in all of the burned areas would probably help the wildlife somewhat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a point of interest, copperhead snakes do not have nests and eggs. Copperheads are ovoviviparous, the female carries eggs in her body and gives birth to live babies.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
city people

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
There are an estimated 6,000 bears in TN today. There were an estimated 1500 twenty years ago.
Official guesses on bear populations are always ridiculously low.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
As a point of interest, copperhead snakes do not have nests and eggs. Copperheads are ovoviviparous, the female carries eggs in her body and gives birth to live babies.

fair enough, I just figured they had a reason to stick around in a spot for awhile given the park was closing off the areas

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I'm just across the state line in North Carolina. Haven't seen a bear in 4 years.
However, this year I'm seeing more deer and turkeys than ever.
Also lots of sightings of box turtles.

They have all headed to Asheville for the easy pickings. Seriously. Beyond the idiots who feed them, the bears have grown fat on all the available food in trash cans. I think the NC Wildlife Resource Commission biologists have done studies that found the urban bears have more cubs and are heavier than those deeper in the mountains.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story...ts-north-carolina-bear-study/5913069001/

Last edited by jpr9954; 07/17/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
Louisiana is trying to repopulate the state with bears and it seems to be working. The cameras at deer feeders are catching a few and deer hunters in elevated stands are seeing a few. One of the biologists in the department once told me the bears would become the worst nuisance animal in the state. They don't yet rival hogs and alligators as trouble makers but their ability to climb and open garbage cans could put them in contention.

They look a lot like hogs in poor light or thick brush so a few have been inadvertently shot.
Hasting repopulating the black bear is working here in my area. We have more than we want the deer herd is down on our property. They are a PITA they tear up deer stands, ruin our deer hunts see them all the time don't like them at all.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Beat you!

I doff my cap to you sir

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Are you saying that you were in Gatlinburg in mid-July?
No schidt, never again. We were there with this crew...Bear Gets into Truck

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My daughter and her family are in Gatlinburg now. They are staying at a cabin/condo just outside of town. They have seen and sent me pics of bears every day. This one was behind the cabin thia morning. She sent me a pic of mama and 2 cubs in the road yesterday.

Ron
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yesterday

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riverc
Louisiana is trying to repopulate the state with bears and it seems to be working. The cameras at deer feeders are catching a few and deer hunters in elevated stands are seeing a few. One of the biologists in the department once told me the bears would become the worst nuisance animal in the state. They don't yet rival hogs and alligators as trouble makers but their ability to climb and open garbage cans could put them in contention.

They look a lot like hogs in poor light or thick brush so a few have been inadvertently shot.
Hasting repopulating the black bear is working here in my area. We have more than we want the deer herd is down on our property. They are a PITA they tear up deer stands, ruin our deer hunts see them all the time don't like them at all.

One of our LA members posted a pic of a BIG one they caught on a trail camera. I had no idea they got that big in this state.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Anteloper
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Beat you!

I doff my cap to you sir

It was dang close.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lions

and tigers

and bears.............................oh my???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riverc

When she was still with us my mother said that bringing back those bears was a terrible idea. She said it was hard enough to get rid of them to start with.

I bet the cattle a sheep owners in the west feel the same way about wolves.

It is easy to like things such as bears, coyotes, wolves, and lions if you don't live near them and they aren't eating your expensive crops and livestock. You ought to hear the suggestions some of the white do-gooders give to African farmers about lions eating their goats.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Not as bad as introducing Muslims and Mexicans or whatever. If you get to many bears they put a season on them. Edk

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Yesterday

Ron

they are overrun with 'em!

they like pizza

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Yesterday

Ron

they are overrun with 'em!

they like pizza

Gatlinburg after midnight is a mecca for bears[after the restaurants restock the dumpsters].

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ERK
Not as bad as introducing Muslims and Mexicans or whatever. If you get to many bears they put a season on them. Edk
Well LDWF needs to do just that have a season on them, in my area we are overrun with bears & hogs.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, B52RadarNav, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.