Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't see anything special about Toyota anything.

Prematurely rusted frames are not my idea of quality. Double priced replacement parts aren't my idea of a reasonable deal. I could go on.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm not young enough to realize the ROI on a vehicle like this as far as longevity. Otherwise it would just be a "look at me" ride. And for 125K I'm sure I could do better for my personal pleasure or comfort than a freakin SUV.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Having 3 Toyota/Lexus SUV's

'01........'03.....'11

Totaling nearly 700K miles between them

I buy 'em after the dust settles and previous owners paid the depreciation (little)

For my uses...being miles back into BFE having a well maintained 'Yota is important

Some may wanna drive a Geo.....or what ever......

Keep on truckin'....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Talkin bout paying the new price. Hell yeah, let the first owner eat the depreciation.

But OTOH, the trails you show a Geo would probably be OK. whistle

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gunzo
Talkin bout paying the new price. Hell yeah, let the first owner eat the depreciation.

But OTOH, the trails you show a Geo would probably be OK. whistle

yea........maybe gettin you there

how 'bout back home ?

Go brew some 'shine.............call it a day

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good one, but those city tires you run wouldn't get ya to the still trail much less the site. grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
FWIW here in Oz there are three distinct Landcruiser lines. The Landcruiser Prado, which is a mid-size wagon, seating up to seven, with a 2.8 TD motor, ladder frame chassis and dual range 4WD, starts at a bit over $46,000 US, drive away, and goes up to about $64,000 odd US for the full leather and wood all the bells and whistles luxury model.

Then there's the Landcruiser 300 series, a larger wagon, starting at about $69,000 US for a pretty bare-bones utilitarian trim, and going up to about $104,000 for the full luxury experience. These are all 3.3L twin turbo diesels with 10 speed automatic/dual range.

Finally there's the 70 Series, which is a bit more old school, ruggedly built but very utilitarian (and a bit cumbersome and slow out of its natural environment, despite having a 4.5L V8 diesel motor). These can be had as a base wagon, a trayback, or in a slightly fancier trim as a Troopcarrier, wagon, dual cab ute or single cab ute. List price on these is not available at the moment, due to demand, but in more normal times they are about the same price as a Prado.

Prices are a bit distorted across the board, due to shortages of stock, but it strikes me that the price someone quoted in the US, of $125,000, is way over what you'd pay here.

You might also note that all of these are diesels here. Almost nobody wants a petrol (gasoline) motor for their 4WD here. In fact one of the reasons the current Nissan Patrol seems to be struggling in the market is that it is only available with a petrol motor.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
US EPA standards kill the small efficient diesel here. It won't meet our emissions standards yet just a hundred miles away everything on the Bahamian Islands is running a small fuel efficient 4 cyl. Diesel.

Moreso, the utilitarian vehicles with standard bumpers, squared, functional body lines won't be seen here due to fuel mileage & crash test standards. We drive around in plastic clad, rounded dysfunctional turds off road due to federal standards.

Crash test, mileage, emissions, good to a point, but when all the above remove the the true functionality of the vehicle they've gone to far.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Don't see anything special about Toyota anything.

Prematurely rusted frames are not my idea of quality. Double priced replacement parts aren't my idea of a reasonable deal. I could go on.

Oh Please Go on and tell me what you are currently driving.

On Tacomas for a certain time period they were rusting in the states where road salt is prevalent. They got the frames from an outside supplier at the time . They offered frame replacements for a long time and ones that were not replaced because there was no perforation they rust proofed the frames. If you saw Jeeps being sold in the same states you would be amazed at the rust that took place but Jeep did not replace frames like Toyota did.

Toyota LC,4Runner and Lexus GX,LX are some of the best vehicles made anywhere in the world.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have two. One 2008. The other one 2019.
The 2019 has too many fancy systems for my liking. Both have been good vehicles. I like V8's but they do suck the gas. They are worth it.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
If you saw Jeeps being sold in the same states you would be amazed at the rust that took place but Jeep did not replace frames like Toyota did.

100% true.

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gibby
The 2019 has too many fancy systems for my liking. Both have been good vehicles. I like V8's but they do suck the gas. They are worth it.

One cannot blame the manufacturer for getting as much as they can from a platform. I would prefer them to be simpler as well .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
There's a company in Namibia Wildveld Motor Company that is doing frame-off restomods on Cruisers and Land Rovers. They convert 25+ year old frames into new builds and export them to the US and other markets. They ain't cheap and the waiting list is very long for their work. I've seen several of their builds and they are amazing. Just not willing to part with the $140,000 - $200,000+ it takes to own one.

I'd just put a cap on my Tacoma and call it good.

"The rich live like they're poor and the poor live like they're rich."

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by SKane
If you saw Jeeps being sold in the same states you would be amazed at the rust that took place but Jeep did not replace frames like Toyota did.

100% true.

Thought about this yesterday. Got to give Toyota a ton of credit for stepping & doing what's right, & think they did it all on their own. They replaced a lot of frames, or bought back a lot of trucks around here. Paid more than fair prices too.

Frames under 97-06 Jeep TJ's in or from the rust belt breaking in half everyday, & Chrysler hasn't as much as given owners a can of rust converter paint.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

One cannot blame the manufacturer for getting as much as they can from a platform. I would prefer them to be simpler as well .

I'm not an expert. But from my observation of other vehicle (trucks) , the LC is a couple years behind on electronics. I think they just use tried and true systems in them.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Msrp $125K

Fair price in today's market.

Not like money is real or anything... any more.
Lol! Rank insanity.
And it will have the same issue-prone TTV6 engine used by the '22 up Tundra.

Huge Toyota fan here, but these offerings and price points are a farce.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Chrysler’s interest is in peddling disposable vehicles, nothing more.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm not an expert. But from my observation of other vehicle (trucks) , the LC is a couple years behind on electronics. I think they just use tried and true systems in them.

Most toyota vehicles have really good electronics

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Rebuilt 93 popped up here for $18,500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/190306330675377

Zero interest... I have two $2,500 Isuzu Trooper... MANUALS

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Having 3 Toyota/Lexus SUV's

'01........'03.....'11

Totaling nearly 700K miles between them

I buy 'em after the dust settles and previous owners paid the depreciation (little)

For my uses...being miles back into BFE having a well maintained 'Yota is important

Some may wanna drive a Geo.....or what ever......

Keep on truckin'....

Lot of nice vehicles posted on here but yours are my favorite.

Awesome rigs.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1minute, 1_deuce, 280fan, 27 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,337
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.