Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I’m kicking around the idea of a CTR with the 20” barrel. I know scopes will influence overall weight but I’m just looking for some ideas of what a 20” ctr weighs when it’s scoped up. I know it’s not going to be a light weight but I don’t want a 12lb rifle either.

Thanks

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
HR IC

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The rifle is 7.5#ish and another 1.75-3.5# for scope and rings.

Picking a scope and rings would narrow it down a bunch.

Last edited by mibowhunter; 07/22/23.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
More than likely an swfa 6x or 12x in swfa rings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bearcat74

You should be a skosh over 10lbs with scope and rings.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SKane

You should be a skosh over 10lbs with scope and rings.

Thanks

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
H, the 20" CTR is about a half pound lighter than my 24" barreled ones. I'm guessing you are going to be right at 10 pounds with scope and rings:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
H, the 20" CTR is about a half pound lighter than my 24" barreled ones. I'm guessing you are going to be right at 10 pounds with scope and rings:

Good deal, thanks for the pic.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They’re handy devils. Even if a bit heavier.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
They’re handy devils. Even if a bit heavier.
I agree. Always did like the stock on the CTR, but the edge A3 is a bit better/more comfortable. It’s slightly lighter as well. In a platform like this, weight isn’t really a hindrance. If I’m wanting a lightweight hunting rifle, it’s going to be a super lite or T3 lite. I use my CTR’s in local long range competition, where others may be using 20+ pound beasts. Weight sure has its advantages there. So, Where does the CTR fit in then?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 223 CTR is a machine in my opinion. Just hammers and impresses..

Semper Fi
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was intrigued by the Tikka Arctic until I found out it weighs 9 pounds naked. The CTR seems like a much more user friendly package. I wish they offered that detachable magazine setup on some of their sporter weight rifles.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I shot my new CTR last week at prairie dogs in WY and came away very impressed. Shot it supressed and really like its accuracy.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The 223 interests me most bigly but I’m also a .260 fan, so, both? Lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 223 interests me most bigly but I’m also a .260 fan, so, both? Lol

That is the only reasonable thing to do.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot 8" Teeker 223 Sporters,sipping from both AICS and CTR mags(CTR stock too),as well as a brace of 20" 8" 223 CTR's. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The OEM Sporter T3 mags are absolute fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
That's what I did.

The .260 in a CTR mag has the room to load long if wanted. I shot 130gr berger and 139 gr scenar this past weekend and they were both under .5 in at 100 yds.

Then shot factory frontier 68 gr in the .223 and at 400 yds was under 2 inches. The 77 gr Federal GMM's were even smaller group size. Really impressed by these 20 inch CTR's.

Enough already, just shoot it!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had one in 308 and liked the rifle. I also had a T3X in 308. There was absolutely zero difference in accuracy. I sold the CTR and chopped the T3's barrel to 20" and use the extended 5 round mags in it. It's about 7 lbs scoped and I only have 5 rounds in the mag instead of 10. Of course, the 5 round mags are $35 vs $100 for spare 10 round CTR mags.

The OEM Sporter T3 mags are absolute fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint..........

Never had a single issue with either the 3 or 5 round mags.

Last edited by JMR40; 07/25/23.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JMR40
I had one in 308 and liked the rifle. I also had a T3X in 308. There was absolutely zero difference in accuracy. I sold the CTR and chopped the T3's barrel to 20" and use the extended 5 round mags in it. It's about 7 lbs scoped and I only have 5 rounds in the mag instead of 10. Of course, the 5 round mags are $35 vs $100 for spare 10 round CTR mags.

I also have a T3 308win. It does not shoot nearly as well as my CTR's. The CTR rifles shoot way above their price point in general. Either you lucked out with your T3 308, or you got a dog of a CTR:

If you would have said you have a varmint 308 that shoots as well as your CTR, that I'd believe. As for the mags, I've never had one issue with the plastic T3/T3X magazines. In a hunting rifle, I much prefer the plastic mags. The CTR is a tactical rifle, not really a "hunting" rifle per se. IMHO...

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I was looking at a LH 20" CTR .223. Primary draw is because that particular one has a 12" twist. Not trying to make a 223 something it isn't and could care less how it shoots 90 grain bullets.
Would prefer a 24" tube, but those are 8 twist.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KenMi
I was looking at a LH 20" CTR .223. Primary draw is because that particular one has a 12" twist. Not trying to make a 223 something it isn't and could care less how it shoots 90 grain bullets.

Taking the bait here, but the 8 twist is much better than a 12" twist 223. That's not trying to make the 223 something it's not, but improving it.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by KenMi

Taking the bait here, but the 8 twist is much better than a 12" twist 223. That's not trying to make the 223 something it's not, but improving it.

All depends how you intend to use it. For 45-55 grain bullets, no advantage for an 8 twist, and a few disadvantages, such as some varmint bullets will not be compatible, and accuracy/velocity would be improved with lighter bullets using a slower twist.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The 8” twist is what appeals to me in the 223. I shoot with a guy running a 7 twist and his shoots fantastic with everything from 45gr tnt’s though the 77smk.

I have two 9’s right now and I had two 12’s. Both my 9 twists are just as accurate with 50’s and 55’s as my 12’s were. The 9’s also let me use 68’s which help me in the wind on steel at 400-600. I’ve not seen a downside to 7 and 8 twist 223’s yet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough call on which is Fhuqking Funnier,Beezer trying to get 108’s in her 6x45 upper and musing T3 mag “sanctity”,or KenBitchAgain pretending to buy a rifle. Hint.

You Fhuqking CLUELESS Drooling Retards are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Tough call on which is Fhuqking Funnier,Beezer trying to get 108’s in her 6x45 upper and musing T3 mag “sanctity”,or KenBitchAgain pretending to buy a rifle. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………
Why don't you play nice bud?
Lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Phony Fhuqks VERY Tender Feelers,concern me none…you “lucky” kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts being so upsetting. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Raferman

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………
Why don't you play nice bud?
Lol

Virtue and truth run hand in hand. Hint . Lol.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
So, if a 20" stainless CTR in 6.5 cm shows up would you guys recommend upgrading the recoil lug? I dropped a Mountain Tactical in my T3x in 7mm08 and I assume the CTR has the same factory lug?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
So, if a 20" stainless CTR in 6.5 cm shows up would you guys recommend upgrading the recoil lug? I dropped a Mountain Tactical in my T3x in 7mm08 and I assume the CTR has the same factory lug?

The only reason I upgraded one of my CTR's recoil lugs is because it got sloppy after about 300 rounds down the tube. At that time, I also glass bedded it, to help ensure it's longevity. However, that is totally up to you buddy.. The stainless ones I buy are like $25.00, so it was worth it to me, since I shoot them a lot.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

The only reason I upgraded one of my CTR's recoil lugs is because it got sloppy after about 300 rounds down the tube. At that time, I also glass bedded it, to help ensure it's longevity. However, that is totally up to you buddy.. The stainless ones I buy are like $25.00, so it was worth it to me, since I shoot them a lot.

That’s what I figured. The rifle should be here Thursday and hopefully it runs smooth because I’m headed to NC to shoot out to 1k on Saturday.

A Mountain Tactical lug will be waiting at home and I’ll bed it after I get back.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That’s what I figured. The rifle should be here Thursday and hopefully it runs smooth because I’m headed to NC to shoot out to 1k on Saturday.

A Mountain Tactical lug will be waiting at home and I’ll bed it after I get back.

Sweet H!! Let us know how you like it. They are some of my most trusted rifles. They always put the bullet where I want them. I have some model 70's that do that as well, but damn do these CTR's shoot!!!

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I also have a T3 308win. It does not shoot nearly as well as my CTR's. The CTR rifles shoot way above their price point in general. Either you lucked out with your T3 308, or you got a dog of a CTR:

If you would have said you have a varmint 308 that shoots as well as your CTR, that I'd believe. As for the mags, I've never had one issue with the plastic T3/T3X magazines. In a hunting rifle, I much prefer the plastic mags. The CTR is a tactical rifle, not really a "hunting" rifle per se. IMHO...

Those groupings aren't worth a chit. Haha

I'm finally getting a chance to start playing with mine. I couldn't get comfortable with the original stock so i put it in a Roughtech stock I picked up. Opened the barrel channel ever so slightly. What are you shooting through your CTR? I loaded up some 155 scenars about .010" off the lands from 45 - 47g of varget to pressure check, but with temps here hoovering around 100+, I'll wait till it gets cooler.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by SDupontJr

I'm finally getting a chance to start playing with mine. I couldn't get comfortable with the original stock so i put it in a Roughtech stock I picked up. Opened the barrel channel ever so slightly. What are you shooting through your CTR? I loaded up some 155 scenars about .010" off the lands from 45 - 47g of varget to pressure check, but with temps here hoovering around 100+, I'll wait till it gets cooler.

I hear you on the temp. Kids want to go shoot and I’m not excited. May get them out of bed at 5 Sat morning so we can get it done before it gets too ridiculous

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Horrible here too. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Horrible here too. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

This is the first summer of my life that the heats actually slowing me down. Never bothered me before, must be getting old…..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My 308 CTR was a one-holer. Dropped the last deer I shot with it at a lasered 366 yards like it was standing on a trap door.

Last edited by jobyjob; 08/16/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SDupontJr

Mine is a 6.5 creedmoor, so no help with your 308 CTR.

I mainly run 168 SMK's in my Tikka T3 308w. It shoots well enough for a lightweight rifle. A buddy that has a stainless varmint T3 shoots better than my stainless lite though.. Here's the load I run in mine:

I'd expect the CTR to shoot better.

My buddy, who is a local SWAT member asked if I'd shoot his stainless varmint to see what it is capable of. Here's the first 5 shot group I shot with it:
That's how I'd expect your CTR to shoot with a good load. You should be able to get those 155's to sing in that rifle. If not, try the 168 SMK..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
20” stainless CTR 6.5 Creedmoor
Swfa 12x
Swfa low rings
VG6 Gamma 6.5 brake

9lbs 10oz

Cleaned it, floated it, swapped my scope over from my other rifle and bore sighted it. Bipod and a crappy rear bag.

Fired one, adjusted, fired a second adjusted, 3 into just under 1/2”, adjusted down a 1” more and shot 2 more that went into the same hole.

The ammo was loaded for my other Creedmoor and it’s a mile from the lands.

41.5grs h4350, Sig brass, cci200

Stretching her out on Saturday.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Swfa 12x
Swfa low rings
VG6 Gamma 6.5 brake

9lbs 10oz

Cleaned it, floated it, swapped my scope over from my other rifle and bore sighted it. Bipod and a crappy rear bag.

Fired one, adjusted, fired a second adjusted, 3 into just under 1/2”, adjusted down a 1” more and shot 2 more that went into the same hole.

Very good H. That’s how every CTR I’ve seen, shoots. Stretch the legs on that one and keep us posted. Thanks!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Swfa 12x
Swfa low rings
VG6 Gamma 6.5 brake

9lbs 10oz

Don't worry too much about that, unless the bullet is jump sensitive. I run some of my AR10 6.5 Creedmoor loads in my CTR's. They are loaded to 2.800" OAL because of the magazines I use in the AR10. That load is about .090" shorter than my normal load with that bullet. If it's a good load, it will likely shoot well enough in your rifle. These CTR's are not finicky from what I've seen.. I can't remember if I just did not have anything loaded up, or if I did not want to burn up my good ammo testing the rifle after I put it in the A3 Mcmillan. You can tell it shot well enough, but not exceptional:

Then zeroed that load:

I was anxious to shoot that rifle in the newly glass bedded Mcmillan. Quick zero ^^^ and off to the 400:

Along those same lines: Not wanting to burn up my competition ammo, I loaded up some 140gr match burners with some StaBall 6.5 a few days later:
Pretty cold that day, but made do:

The OAL was more optimal for this rifle now and told me what I wanted to know:
(Load development and testing that day^^^)

Like I say, I'd be really surprised if yours does not shoot well buddy...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Just got back from Big Ivy. My CTR was an absolute hammer. I didn’t have any misses at 450, 517, 550?, 700. The plate at 700 was huge so that doesn’t count, lol. Plates on the other 3 stages were from 6” - 10”. Went went up to 860-1001 and once I got my scope dialed correctly I hit 5 straight at 984 on a 16” plate, the guy with us gave us a different yardage so we were high. At 1k they had 36” square, 24” square, and 10” round plates. If you hit 3 consecutive on the 10” you get an MOA at 1k sticker. I went 2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and finally 3/3 on the 10”.

I hit a 6” round consecutive at 550? I think, and I also had hits with my 20” Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel at 1k on the 36” and 24”. It’s certainly out of breath by the time it gets there though, lol.

Overall I shot good for me, that’s an above average day for me I would venture, especially since I’ve only shot at 1k once before.

The guys I went with shot good as well. One had several hits with his 6 arc at 1k on the 24” and he hit the 10” with my CTR an the other guy had hits with his 6cm at 1k.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just got back from Big Ivy. My CTR was an absolute hammer. I didn’t have any misses at 450, 517, 550?, 700. The plate at 700 was huge so that doesn’t count, lol. Plates on the other 3 stages were from 6” - 10”. Went went up to 860-1001 and once I got my scope dialed correctly I hit 5 straight at 984 on a 16” plate, the guy with us gave us a different yardage so we were high. At 1k they had 36” square, 24” square, and 10” round plates. If you hit 3 consecutive on the 10” you get an MOA at 1k sticker. I went 2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and finally 3/3 on the 10”.

I hit a 6” round consecutive at 550? I think, and I also had hits with my 20” Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel at 1k on the 36” and 24”. It’s certainly out of breath by the time it gets there though, lol.

Overall I shot good for me, that’s an above average day for me I would venture, especially since I’ve only shot at 1k once before.

The guys I went with shot good as well. One had several hits with his 6 arc at 1k on the 24” and he hit the 10” with my CTR an the other guy had hits with his 6cm at 1k.

Sounds damn good buddy. Great shooting!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy cow, great shooting!!!

Lots of nice rifles and great shooting in the rest of the thread too.

How do you guys find a 20" CTR to carry, especially with a light enough scope?

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I do not find it that much different to carry than any other rifle. I have a good sling on it. Very accurate

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Happy to read all these reports on the CTR with the 20" barrel. I just received mine yesterday, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by duckster
Happy to read all these reports on the CTR with the 20" barrel. I just received mine yesterday, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

duckster, have you ever shot a Tikka before? Expect the CTR to outshoot the lite versions. The Varmint models will shoot just as well as the CTR, but the CTR has some advantages over the varmint model. One being a much better box mag. Post up your results, I'm pretty sure you'll be pretty impressed with the accuracy. Even if you run factory ammo. I've never seen a poor shooting CTR.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have not shot any Tikkas but own 2 Sako M75 hunting rifles, one in 7mm-08 and one in .280 and they have shot wonderfully with a number of different loads for being hunting rifles. Anxious to try the CTR. A bit of a blizzard here this weekend so it will likely be a bit before I can get out.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I took mine to a place a few weeks ago that has an E target system at 100-300-600-800-1000yds. I shot several 3 shot groups at 1k with my ctr with the best being 3.8” and the worst was 13.3”. Conditions were pretty good so that certainly helped but I was quite impressed with how the ctr did.

I did one run where I shot a 3 shot group at 100-300-600-800-1000 only taking time to reload the mag when needed and all groups were under MOA.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Going to start out with a thermal on it for some coyote hunting.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I took mine to a place a few weeks ago that has an E target system at 100-300-600-800-1000yds. I shot several 3 shot groups at 1k with my ctr with the best being 3.8” and the worst was 13.3”. Conditions were pretty good so that certainly helped but I was quite impressed with how the ctr did.

I did one run where I shot a 3 shot group at 100-300-600-800-1000 only taking time to reload the mag when needed and all groups were under MOA.

Pretty good buddy. Sounds great!! That CTR kind of spoils a guy. Sub moa is pretty easily achieved with one, out to 1,000. Especially on a good day. Lately, I've just been practicing out to 800 with mine.

Are you still running the 12x SWFA? I ran a 16x SS on my Savage 12fv 6.5CM, for a long time. That scope dialed very well, but the glass was crap. The parallax adj. was finicky too. Generally with the Nightforce scopes, I just adjust it for around 600 yards, and shoot everything from 276 to 800 yards with it. The last competition here, was a speed match, and you don't have time to dink with that sort of thing. Used holdovers too, and it worked great. The only weak link was me, trying to remember holdovers for 276, 400, 500, 600, 611, 714, and 800 yards. Those CTR's are shooters man..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Pretty good buddy. Sounds great!! That CTR kind of spoils a guy. Sub moa is pretty easily achieved with one, out to 1,000. Especially on a good day. Lately, I've just been practicing out to 800 with mine.

Are you still running the 12x SWFA? I ran a 16x SS on my Savage 12fv 6.5CM, for a long time. That scope dialed very well, but the glass was crap. The parallax adj. was finicky too. Generally with the Nightforce scopes, I just adjust it for around 600 yards, and shoot everything from 276 to 800 yards with it. The last competition here, was a speed match, and you don't have time to dink with that sort of thing. Used holdovers too, and it worked great. The only weak link was me, trying to remember holdovers for 276, 400, 500, 600, 611, 714, and 800 yards. Those CTR's are shooters man..

Yeah, still have the swfa 12x on mine. I started to try a 16x but reviews seemed to show 16x and 20x glass could be wonky.

One of the guys I shoot with has an Arken EPL5 5-25 on his Seekins 6cm that has been solid so far. I have three 12x swfa scopes that have been great so I’ll probably stay there for now.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yeah, still have the swfa 12x on mine. I started to try a 16x but reviews seemed to show 16x and 20x glass could be wonky.

One of the guys I shoot with has an Arken EPL5 5-25 on his Seekins 6cm that has been solid so far. I have three 12x swfa scopes that have been great so I’ll probably stay there for now.

It's working well for your needs. That is all that is important. Sounds like it's working real well in fact. Cool stuff man. Sounds like that little CTR is working well for you too. It's funny, where I shoot, I'm just about the only one that uses a classic style stock. Everyone else is running chassis systems. On occasion, there will be a new shooter show up, that wants the local gunbuilder to build them a rifle, and they say they want a rifle with a more classic style stock, and they ask how they do in shoots like these. I've heard him and a couple other guys tell them to watch how my rifle does. Both of my rifles are pretty much bone stock, except for the bedding and a few add ons. I've thought about upgrading to the Tac A1, but for the money, and my style of shooting, I am very happy with the CTR. I know I've said this before, but I will say it again, the Mcmillan A3 edge is a great upgrade, that I can feel and also see on target downrange. It's a little more comfortable shooting in the prone, with no rear bag vs. the CTR factory stock, and it feels more stable. There's a little more to hang on to back there, for that type of unsupported shooting. Off the bench, it's also more comfortable. One of the reasons I put a bag rider on the factory CTR stock is because it gives me something to hang on to in these shoots. Makes it more controllable/steady.

No one there runs a SWFA. A schidt ton of Vortex Razor HD's, Nightforce, 1 Leupold, a couple new weird looking short Zeiss LRP, some Arken's, a couple Tract Torics, US optics, and a couple S&B's.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

It's working well for your needs. That is all that is important. Sounds like it's working real well in fact. Cool stuff man. Sounds like that little CTR is working well for you too. It's funny, where I shoot, I'm just about the only one that uses a classic style stock. Everyone else is running chassis systems. On occasion, there will be a new shooter show up, that wants the local gunbuilder to build them a rifle, and they say they want a rifle with a more classic style stock, and they ask how they do in shoots like these. I've heard him and a couple other guys tell them to watch how my rifle does. Both of my rifles are pretty much bone stock, except for the bedding and a few add ons. I've thought about upgrading to the Tac A1, but for the money, and my style of shooting, I am very happy with the CTR. I know I've said this before, but I will say it again, the Mcmillan A3 edge is a great upgrade, that I can feel and also see on target downrange. It's a little more comfortable shooting in the prone, with no rear bag vs. the CTR factory stock, and it feels more stable. There's a little more to hang on to back there, for that type of unsupported shooting. Off the bench, it's also more comfortable. One of the reasons I put a bag rider on the factory CTR stock is because it gives me something to hang on to in these shoots. Makes it more controllable/steady.

No one there runs a SWFA. A schidt ton of Vortex Razor HD's, Nightforce, 1 Leupold, a couple new weird looking short Zeiss LRP, some Arken's, a couple Tract Torics, US optics, and a couple S&B's.

More chassis rifles are showing up around here, even at our local 22 shoots. Scope wise, lots of Vortex, lots. Some Razors but mainly Vipers and Diamondback Tacticals. Pretty much everyone shooting Vortex and not a Razor has gotten to brag on the Vortex warranty because their scope has taken a dump or three. At the 22 shoots more Athlons are appearing in 6-24 and 8-34.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,605
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.