Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Hercules chipping hammers are good, been using one for years, it has taken up 1000s of ft of ceramic tile.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Earthquake impact wrenches, Daytona floor Jack's, Icon pliers and ratchets. Hercules step drills, impact sockets...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Furniture movers, an angle grinder I haven't killed yet, a few wrenches in odd lengths. Their prices keep going up, not as great a deal as before.

Bought some pry bars that had bad heat treat, some bent, some snapped. Look things over close before you buy it, sometimes the qc is really bad.

I have a torque wrench adjusted for my tires. Checked it at work with a torque measuring device in the lab. It was close enough.

Sometimes their stuff is way better than you expect, other times, not so much.

Last edited by Szumi; 07/22/23.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hand tools come with life time warranty. I’m a GC not a mechanic, so hand tools I don’t go top shelf.
Not too long ago One of my ratchets failed. Took it back to Harbor and the guy was like find the same one and come back To the register. Easy peasy. I also didn’t have the original receipt, thank god I used my phone number/account when I bought it.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They have good prices on MIG wire. I don't know how good it is but I'm not a pro. It works for what I need.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Szumi
Bought some pry bars that had bad heat treat, some bent, some snapped. Look things over close before you buy it, sometimes the qc is really bad.

Had to laugh. Years ago I had a HF set of socket adapters, you know, where you could use a 1/2” ratchet wrench to drive 3/8” sockets and other variations. I think I was using a 3/4” wrench to drive a 1/2” socket on a stubborn bolt, and put serious pressure on the wrench … it felt like it was starting to move … turns out I twisted the 3/4” to 1/2” adapter about 90 degrees! I don’t think it had any heat treatment at all!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smallfry
What do you guys like to buy there? I go through a lot of their Hardy Nitrile gloves. Those hand tools any good?
Smallfry

I like their ratchet straps when I tie down my $26K SxS to my $200 trailer

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
As others have said - tarps, nitrile gloves, angle grinder, plastic zip ties.
I have bought box wrenches, open end wrenches, sockets (sae and metric), and none have failed me.
Bought a nice foam padded hard case that my astronomical telescope fits in perfectly.

I would still be hesitant to buy any big-ticket power tools there.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I have bought box wrenches, open end wrenches, sockets (sae and metric), and none have failed me.
Bought a nice foam padded hard case that my astronomical telescope fits in perfectly.

Even the highly raved 'Predator Gen/Inverter' ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it breaks take it back. No questions asked.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
If it breaks take it back. No questions asked.

Our local store........one hr away......

Opened prob 2 yrs ago

Great store.......always well stocked

Friendly employees

I'll spend $100 a month on schidt I don't need

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Bought two...

Also bought two of the WEN on your recommendation... Non-Compliant for California models on clearance.

I like the WENs better (cheaper, can slave two and the fuel down cutoff feature is great).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Their cell phone cables are really good. The gray braided ones. I like the 6' one with three different ends

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Bought two...

Also bought two of the WEN on your recommendation... Non-Compliant for California models on clearance.

I like the WENs better (cheaper, can slave two and the fuel down cutoff feature is great).

L I K E

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i use HF dual rock tumbler and HF mini chop saw for my rifle/pistol brass. i got a HF winch, grinder, cut off saw, hand drill and a bit more. i use a HF concrete drill set and socket/ratches, ratchet straps, rubber straps and others that are one or two or three uses and done. if you are at a job and you need the tool, i can either go back home or go to HF. i prefer HF.

my socket set and impact sockets are Proto and i still have old Craftsman socket set. i have Milwaukee circular saw, cut off saw and hammer drill and Dewalt grinder and drill and a Bosch hammer drill, nailer, palm sander..... most of my tools and power tools are brand name.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Bought two...

yep

free ship/no tax

https://wenproducts.com/collections...quiet-and-lightweight-with-fuel-shut-off

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
ratchet straps, 1/2 inch impact gun and sockets, trailer balls, stinger, caliper, zip ties, polishing media, powder paint (For coating cast bullets), multi-meter, end wrenches and socket/ratchet/breaker bar sets, hydraulic floor jack, jack stands, tumbler, hex key set, nut drivers.

I have found that Harbor Freight tools germinate and grow in the field as well as Snap On.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watch some Project Farm videos...he compares their stuff to high dollar stuff and some of their stuff does pretty well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years and most of it has actually been pretty good or slightly better... ratchet/socket sets, combination wrenches, impact sockets, truck jack, jack stands, nail guns, Grinders, and tons of other stuff and have been rarely disappointed. The pry bars as others have said have been a disappointment, but that is about all. Their ratchets are patterned after Snap On and I saw a video report on youtube comparing them and the Harbor Freight units were stronger by quite a bit and their torque wrenches were more accurate also... I've used Harbor Freight engine hoists many times and never had a reason to cuss them...

One thing you guys might be interersted in is their gun cases. They are a replica of the Pelican cases and really stout and well built for about half the price. Harbor Freight also has an online store that sells all kinds of things they don't sell in the store- portable band saws for cutting lumber from logs, ATVs , their winches have been tested against Warne and came out on top- they use them on all the vehicles on Matts Off Road Recovery.

The nice thing is, all they sell is tools and handyman items. You don't have to dance around the girls make up, or clothing aisles, or other cutesy stuff your wife or daughters might waste your time looking at.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sheister
. . The nice thing is, all they sell is tools and handyman items. You don't have to dance around the girls make up, or clothing aisles, or other cutesy stuff your wife or daughters might waste your time looking at.

Damn shame we don't have any hunting/fishing
stores like that around here anymore

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 67 invisible), 3,137 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,312
Posts18,526,258
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.