Hop To
Page 56 of 91 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 90 91
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
You have a strange taster - eating crow due to your deceit and errors and then saying its tastes like b and b?

Do you really need another reminder about your manipulation in posting and referencing Scripture? If you really want the hard example, one can go back to your post and quote the place where you posted only half of a verse - trying to alter the context and meaning - and you were caught red-handed doing that. If you really want that smeared out again it is going to look like your infamous false rant on Hindus in India and that meaningless study you posted about at length in attempt to use it as "proof". Don't you ever tire of tripping over yourself?

In that mauser9 refers to the two of you as "us", kindly share this evidence with him. You can do that - you have free will.

Take your pills, you pompous prat and lie down before you overload your little brain. The truth is not in you. You peddle illusions which you defend with lies.
You have nothing, no inderstanding of logic, reason, science or philosophy, so turn to trumpeting your faith like a fire breathing, self righteous bible thumper. You do Kenneth Copeland proud.
Well, reminding everyone of that hard evidence about your deceit and failures (Hindus in India, fake studies on prayer, misusing Scripture, etc.) seems to have driven you to new heights of frustration. So you see the constant posting of hard data to expose your behavior as "no understanding of logic, reason, science or philosophy". You truly have to be delusional. When I studied those subjects along the way, I learned that the ignorant tend to hate that which you don't understand, and the delusional are maddened by what they cannot control. So, there you are. Maybe ask your master for help?

Here is a grand opportunity for you, Mr. Delusion, to prove one of your false claims. Above, you posted that I "trumpet my faith" like a "Bible thumper". Kindly repost one example - just go find and repost one - where I quoted Scripture and/or trumpeted my faith in any response to you. Waiting. Again, you set yourself up for failure.

You trumpet your pompous self righteousness in every reply you give, including this one, but you are too dumb to see it.
I could explain, but you are too blind to your own sanctimonious self righteousness to consider any explanation or example. Try to get that log out of your own eye, CCCC, before you point your bony finger at others.
Gee whiz DBT - all I have done is post the hard evidence that has exposed your falsity and deceit - and you call that pomposity? What would you call it if I were to mimic you and simply post ad hom attacks?

Here you were given an open and fresh opportunity to go find and repost something you claimed I have said and done (see above post) - and you simply can't do that because you were lying when you said it. Instead you come up with the lame adolescent line "I could explain, but - - -". No, you can't explain because no evidence exists. Again, you set yourself up for failure. So, who is the dumb one? Instead of facing all of those facts that prove your deceit, you dodge, and deflect, and post more ad homs. Does the devil tell you to do that? If so, try to remember that you have free will - you can choose to do something else.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
2,000 years later there’re people on every continent and just about every country worshipping Jesus and trusting in what they have good evidence to believe regarding His resurrection. ,..

There is scant evidence in scripture to prove a murder of Jesus
(Falls well short of evidentiary requirement) , but you want to stretch
it to proving a supernatural resurrection. ???

Christian fan fiction apologetic preaching doesnt meet
Evidentiary standard no matter how much you try.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saul of Tarsus hated Christians. He put em’ in jail, he had some tortured, and he had some put to death. And within just a few years of the resurrection of Jesus, this Pharisee who despised Christians became a follower of Jesus himself. The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and the apostle Paul…who were eyewitnesses and knew eyewitnesses…believed on the evidence and wrote about it. All of em’ were Jews with the exception of the writer of Luke. They proclaimed for many years what they had good evidence to believe. They got excommunicated from their synagogues and their lifelong religion for it. They got kicked out of the “God’s chosen people” club for it. And they were beaten, tortured, and killed for it.

Faith is trusting in what you have good evidence to believe is true ~ like the above facts, and the above evidence.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and the apostle Paul…who were eyewitnesses and knew eyewitnesses…believed on the evidence and wrote about it..

Acts 9 says Paul saw nothing of a physical bodily resurrected Jesus, he only heard voices in
his head.

So where is the evidence of Paul seeing a resurrected Jesus?

You really need to stop fabricating your own
false narrative to prop up your faith.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Saul of Tarsus hated Christians. He put em’ in jail. And within just a few years of the resurrection of Jesus, this Pharisee who despised Christians became a follower of Jesus himself. The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and the apostle Paul…who were eyewitnesses and knew eyewitnesses…believed on the evidence and wrote about it. All of em’ were Jews with the exception of the writer of Luke. They proclaimed for many years what they had good evidence to believe. They got excommunicated from their synagogues and their lifelong religion for it. They got kicked out of the “God’s chosen people” club for it. And they were beaten, tortured, and killed for it.

Faith is trusting in what you have good evidence to believe is true ~ like the above facts, and the above evidence.

Faith is what you have when you have no evidence for your beliefs. What you claim as evidence is not evidence, just stories. Doesn't matter how much you try and assert it to be so, you have nothing to back up your claims or those in the stories.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saul of Tarsus hated Christians. He put em’ in jail. And within just a few years of the resurrection of Jesus, this Pharisee who despised Christians became a follower of Jesus himself.

There were many more persecutors of Xtians than
Saul of Tarsus , it's very odd that Jesus would only
convert one such and leave the rest to their own devices..Why didn't he convert more of them through revelation Paul style?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and the apostle Paul…who were eyewitnesses and knew eyewitnesses…believed on the evidence and wrote about it..

Acts 9 says Paul saw nothing of a physical bodily resurrected Jesus, he only heard voices in
his head.

So where is the evidence of Paul seeing a resurrected Jesus?

You really need to stop fabricating your own
false narrative to prop up your faith.

Not to mention three contradictory versions of his experience.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gee whiz DBT - all I have done is post the hard evidence that has exposed your falsity and deceit - and you call that pomposity? What would you call it if I were to mimic you and simply post ad hom attacks?

No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence.

You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written.

In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse.

Here you were given an open and fresh opportunity to go find and repost something you claimed I have said and done (see above post) - and you simply can't do that because you were lying when you said it. Instead you come up with the lame adolescent line "I could explain, but - - -". No, you can't explain because no evidence exists. Again, you set yourself up for failure. So, who is the dumb one? Instead of facing all of those facts that prove your deceit, you dodge, and deflect, and post more ad homs. Does the devil tell you to do that? If so, try to remember that you have free will - you can choose to do something else.

The proof of what I point out about your nature and character is on display in every post that you submit. That you are blind to your own folly is not my fault.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, ..

Wow, Antlers is so behind on Biblical scholarship
which clearly shows passages in some gospels are
taken directly word for word from other gospels...

No person in their right mind can call such
authors independent...and biblical scholars
agree that they are not.

If you had a row of alleged witnesses in criminal court
providing The exact same word for word testimony , the
logical conclusion is that something is suspiciously afoot.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Another thought for everyone. Why does it bother you so much that there are people that believe in God?

Yes, I know they'll be the well they don't have to preach it all the time, they're hypocrites etc etc.

Some may be some aren't. The level of irritation, hatred, dismissal of man, of the word of God is in itself evidence of God. You hate, dispell, despise, ridicule, but yet God is not real? This thread is on 111 pages.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MGunns
..the word of God is in itself evidence of God..

Books written by self interest driven political religious groups
are the word of g0d'/evidence of a supernatural entity?

Best recall that Constantine called the council of
Nicea 325, to try and resolve the endless disputes
of hundreds of bishops who could not agree on
what constituted true Xtianity...and decisions were
made based not on divine will. but on a corrupted
voting system full of bribes, threats , intimidation
and even forcefully excluding some bishops who
had too much sway.

Even Paul wrote letters disparaging other Xtian
groups ,so inter-Xtian rivalry began rather early
on and just got bigger with time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The apostle’s preached the resurrection. They witnessed Jesus alive from the dead. They wanted to convince everyone that Jesus is the Savior. They focused on the fact of Jesus’ resurrection. They emphasized the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection.

The creation of the universe out of nothing provides good scientific and philosophical evidence that the first verse of the Bible is true, “In the beginning, God created….” Since that verse is true, then every other verse is at least possible. There is good evidence that the separate and independent writers of the New Testament documents are telling the truth.

Most, if not all, of them were written prior to 70 AD. There’s eyewitness testimony, and there’s details that only eyewitnesses could know. The author’s wrote things that cast themselves in a negative light; if they were makin’ it up, they wouldn’t do that (eg., they wouldn’t make up that they were cowards). These men died brutal deaths when they could’ve saved themselves by saying, “no, it never happened, we were makin’ it up.” They wouldn’t go to their deaths like they did unless Jesus had actually risen from the dead, and they were eyewitnesses to it. They had no other motive to do it.

The Old Testament prophecies predicted what Jesus did for us, like Isaiah 53, which was written 700 years in advance. There’re also ancient, extra-biblical, non-Christian sources that mention Jesus and the apostle’s. And they say the same basic things that the New Testament documents say ~ that His followers believed Jesus rose from the dead, that they believed He was God, and they were willing to die for what they saw. This couldn’t be invented when they’re even ancient non-Christian writers saying that Jesus’ followers believed these things to be true.

The New Testament documents are telling us the truth about Jesus. He really did rise from the dead for all of our sins.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. There’re also ancient, extra-biblical, non-Christian sources that mention Jesus and the apostle’s. And they say the same basic things that the New Testament documents say ~ that His followers believed Jesus rose from the dead, that they believed He was God,.

So sources outside the NT say there were 'believers'
SFW?..it does nothing to prove that resurrection or any
miracles are true..I can cite Caesars own diary from the
Gallic Wars which claims Druids doing Human sacrifice
magic rituals to please g0ds ...Does that mean human
sacrifice ritual Magic actually works ???

I guess it's another dreary case of Xtian special pleading
where their magic is real. But pagan magic false.

BTW, Julius Caesar was high up the Roman priestly order
it was his duty to conduct sacrifices in the Temples
as well as lead his combat legions ..going by the
astounding military successes he had in Gaul and
his astounding success in Rome's civil wars against
Pompey and then Dictator for life status; should we
conclude that such is "evidence"of him finding divine
favor with pagan g0ds through ritual sacrifices ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence. You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written. In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse. - - - -
Ho hum - more of your puerile name calling. Just in case you really believe what you posted above DBT, and to again demo the understanding of evidence, here are examples of the evidence about you. Details of these all are in print in this and other threads, so anyone (including you) can go see the hard facts.

In an attempt to support your beliefs about indelible conditioning of humans and the impossibility of free will, you posted a brazen claim about the conditioning of Hindus in India. Immediately that was shot down with a long list of such folks who had converted themselves to Christianity. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a supposed reference to Scripture with critique/analysis to suit your purpose, but conveniently left out the second part of the quoted verse - which part is essential to the context and meaning. A blatant attempt to deceive - which was quickly called out at the time. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a volume of information about some "study" which allegedly proved that there is no effectiveness or related outcomes to praying by Christians. A quick and clear examination of the nature of that study revealed that it was flawed at its fundament and could not ever demonstrate what you claimed. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a claim about someone trumpeting their faith and spouting Scripture in various threads involving you. Immediately you were challenged to re-post even a single quote demonstrating such behavior. You cannot produce such quotes. Evidence about DBT.

How is that for understanding of evidence?? And, there is more where that came from. And further, not a single ad hom in this post. If you don't get it this time, you are hopeless.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DBT
No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence. You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written. In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse. - - - -
Ho hum - more of your puerile name calling. Just in case you really believe what you posted above DBT, and to again demo the understanding of evidence, here are examples of the evidence about you. Details of these all are in print in this and other threads, so anyone (including you) can go see the hard facts.

In an attempt to support your beliefs about indelible conditioning of humans and the impossibility of free will, you posted a brazen claim about the conditioning of Hindus in India. Immediately that was shot down with a long list of such folks who had converted themselves to Christianity. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a supposed reference to Scripture with critique/analysis to suit your purpose, but conveniently left out the second part of the quoted verse - which part is essential to the context and meaning. A blatant attempt to deceive - which was quickly called out at the time. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a volume of information about some "study" which allegedly proved that there is no effectiveness or related outcomes to praying by Christians. A quick and clear examination of the nature of that study revealed that it was flawed at its fundament and could not ever demonstrate what you claimed. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a claim about someone trumpeting their faith and spouting Scripture in various threads involving you. Immediately you were challenged to re-post even a single quote demonstrating such behavior. You cannot produce such quotes. Evidence about DBT.

How is that for understanding of evidence?? And, there is more where that came from. And further, not a single ad hom in this post. If you don't get it this time, you are hopeless.

You keep proving DBT to be correct.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

You are showing your pompous, self righteous behaviour every time you respond, you put it on display here and now.

You are just too stupid to see it. You imagine yourself to be the victim, but in reality you are the instigator.

You provoke a fight, then cry foul when you get one. A long winded buffoon.

Last edited by DBT; 07/26/23.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The apostle’s preached the resurrection. They witnessed Jesus alive from the dead. They wanted to convince everyone that Jesus is the Savior. They focused on the fact of Jesus’ resurrection. They emphasized the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection.

The creation of the universe out of nothing provides good scientific and philosophical evidence that the first verse of the Bible is true, “In the beginning, God created….” Since that verse is true, then every other verse is at least possible. There is good evidence that the separate and independent writers of the New Testament documents are telling the truth.

Most, if not all, of them were written prior to 70 AD. There’s eyewitness testimony, and there’s details that only eyewitnesses could know. The author’s wrote things that cast themselves in a negative light; if they were makin’ it up, they wouldn’t do that (eg., they wouldn’t make up that they were cowards). These men died brutal deaths when they could’ve saved themselves by saying, “no, it never happened, we were makin’ it up.” They wouldn’t go to their deaths like they did unless Jesus had actually risen from the dead, and they were eyewitnesses to it. They had no other motive to do it.

The Old Testament prophecies predicted what Jesus did for us, like Isaiah 53, which was written 700 years in advance. There’re also ancient, extra-biblical, non-Christian sources that mention Jesus and the apostle’s. And they say the same basic things that the New Testament documents say ~ that His followers believed Jesus rose from the dead, that they believed He was God, and they were willing to die for what they saw. This couldn’t be invented when they’re even ancient non-Christian writers saying that Jesus’ followers believed these things to be true.

The New Testament documents are telling us the truth about Jesus. He really did rise from the dead for all of our sins.

There's no reason to believe any of that, and many reasons to not believe it. Nothing in history has been able to elevate the story beyond its fictional nature and many of the claims within it have been proven false. Looks like bullshit, sounds like bullshit, espoused as truth by bullshitters....

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The separate and independent writers of the historical documents that eventually comprised the New Testament were all Jews (except for the writer of Luke, a Gentile). They believed in Yahweh and were convinced that they were God’s chosen people. They had no motive to invent a new religion, and they had no motive to falsely assert that Jesus had risen from the dead.

There were no perks for them doing so ~ no power, no money, no chicks. But they did get booted from the synagogues and then beaten, tortured, and killed. “Hey, let’s start a new religion and falsely assert that Jesus was resurrected so we can get booted from the synagogues and then get beaten, tortured, and killed.” Uh, NOPE.

They wouldn’t suffer and die for a known lie. Some people will die for a lie that they think is true, but nobody will suffer and die for a lie that they know is a lie.

And the separate and independent writers of the historical documents that eventually comprised the New Testament were clearly in a position to know whether it was a lie or not. And they went to be beaten and tortured and killed anyway.

You can’t get better evidence than that unless you were actually there yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And the separate and independent writers of the historical documents that eventually comprised the New Testament .

Antlers keeps avoiding biblical scholarship which shows
Gospels copy whole paragraphs word for word from other
gospels. . Instead Antlers keeps pushing his False claim of
"independent" gospel writers.

Antlers is here to give everyone
"the Gospels according to Antlers"

Some people will die for a lie that they think is true,

Christians dying for a lie that they think is true
logically sits well with me..it's seems highly
probable given the extremely low std of evidence
for most improbable supernatural claims.

Not even one independent direct eyewitness account
testimony Exists for a resurrected Jesus...all we have
are authors merely claiming that witnesses exist.

Antlers may as well claim his great grandpa was abducted
by aliens and we'd have to take Antlers word for it on the internet.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

There's no reason to believe any of that, and many reasons to not believe it. Nothing in history has been able to elevate the story beyond its fictional nature and many of the claims within it have been proven false. Looks like bullshit, sounds like bullshit, espoused as truth by bullshitters....

Only bullshiiter here is you, so quit embarrassing yourself, but your master, satan, loves you for it.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 56 of 91 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 90 91

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (29aholic, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 204guy, 264mag, 49 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,204
Posts18,524,197
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.