Hop To
Page 73 of 257 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 256 257
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by battue
I’ve fasted….. it is much easier to exercise and eat reasonably

As far as BMi…. It is becoming increasingly thought, that outside of the extremes, it is has little validity in being an indicator if good health.

BMI is the crap skinny little indian cunt doctors who pretend they have a clue about Westerners who work for a living espouse.

Little fuck here was stupid enough to stick his hand out to shake after he hit me with a flu shot...I damned well almost broke it for the little ponce. It took some effort but I did manage to keep a straight face, he went close to pissing himself when his hand started collapsing.

Some days are just better!

I am the lump on the right, and I really enjoyed crunching the little fuck.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/30/23.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

As far as BMi…. It is becoming increasingly thought, that outside of the extremes, it is has little validity in being an indicator if good health.

BMI: it’s so easy these days to find someone who will make your case. 😂

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-useful-is-the-body-mass-index-bmi-201603309339

Have you ever fasted to lose weight or ever done anything else to lose any significant weight?

When I started fasting, I could barely go 3 hours without feeling hungry and weak. I gradually increased time between meals and the hunger and weakness slowly went away. I've been consuming all my calories in a 6–8-hour window for about 3 years. I don't get hungry or weak between meals anymore. I eat all I want when I do eat and I'm never hungry. I can and often have cycled more than 30 miles on a MTB after having fasted more than 24 hours and not ate until that night. No weakness or hunger at all.

It is hard as hell to nearly impossible to fast as long as you are eating high glycemic foods. The blood sugar swings will drive hunger and make you feel weak.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve never allowed myself to get to where I needed to lose significant weight. It’s a lifestyle choice 😉

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never allowed myself to get to where I needed to lose significant weight. It’s a lifestyle choice 😉

No

You’re just lucky to have a metabolism that is uniquely different than most on the planet

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jc189
rcamuglia, We are both posting information from a study done by Dr. Kevin Hall of NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Just to clear things up, watch a real Dr. who is an expert in this field explain the Kevin Hall study. Don't take my word for it. If anyone is still following this thread so far, you may really be interested in some real facts.

Watch this video from 15 minutes 30 seconds to 19 minutes in the video. If you are still here its worth 3 minutes of your time. If you really want to learn something watch the entire video. Its much easier to have this explained by a real Doctor that runs a clinic and treats real patients than it is to listen to guys go back and forth here. I don't think any of us have gone to Med school.

That was an interesting listen.

JSTUART, Thanks for taking the time. I wish a few more would before they post.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RHClark

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-useful-is-the-body-mass-index-bmi-201603309339

Have you ever fasted to lose weight or ever done anything else to lose any significant weight?

When I started fasting, I could barely go 3 hours without feeling hungry and weak. I gradually increased time between meals and the hunger and weakness slowly went away. I've been consuming all my calories in a 6–8-hour window for about 3 years. I don't get hungry or weak between meals anymore. I eat all I want when I do eat and I'm never hungry. I can and often have cycled more than 30 miles on a MTB after having fasted more than 24 hours and not ate until that night. No weakness or hunger at all.

It is hard as hell to nearly impossible to fast as long as you are eating high glycemic foods. The blood sugar swings will drive hunger and make you feel weak.

The feeling weak is the inactivity lifestyle that made you fat. If you are constantly active and have to miss some meals, you will get hungry for short periods of minutes while active, but it goes away quickly. Weakness comes if not eating enough and continuing the same amount of activity after a couple days.

That's weakness vs tired... work a hard 10hr day and you will be tired but not weak.

Kent

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

That's great, but what makes you think you know about losing weight since you have never done it?

Is your best advice just to have a better lifestyle? Don't you think that if an obese person could, that they already would have? Possibly all obese people just don't know they are eating too much and sitting around too much.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jc189
JSTUART, Thanks for taking the time. I wish a few more would before they post.

Why wouldn't I, it was interesting...he actually is a funny bugger. And he gets his point across well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That's great, but what makes you think you know about losing weight since you have never done it?

Is your best advice just to have a better lifestyle? Don't you think that if an obese person could, that they already would have? Possibly all obese people just don't know they are eating too much and sitting around too much.

Judgy much?

As in...you are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/30/23.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp

The feeling weak is the inactivity lifestyle that made you fat. If you are constantly active and have to miss some meals, you will get hungry for short periods of minutes while active, but it goes away quickly. Weakness comes if not eating enough and continuing the same amount of activity after a couple days.

That's weakness vs tired... work a hard 10hr day and you will be tired but not weak.

Kent

No, the feeling weak came from becoming near diabetic from processed foods and not eating every few hours. I've never had an inactivity lifestyle. I have always worked outside and hard as hell. Many times, I've emptied a 5-gallon water cooler by the day's end. 10 hours my ass, try 16.

Last edited by RHClark; 07/30/23.
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

No, the feeling weak came from becoming near diabetic from processed foods and not eating every few hours. I've never had an inactivity lifestyle. I have always worked outside and hard as hell. Many times, I've emptied a 5-gallon water cooler by the day's end.

How much did you weigh?

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
10 hours my ass, try 16.

Right... I've never done that...

When I was like 42 I had so may contracted jobs I was working every waking moment for a year. At 5' 9" I was down under 130lbs, hit like 127, eating as much as I could, my wife thought I had cancer or something and was dying.

Maybe we can share work stories...

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BMI is the crap skinny little indian cunt doctors who pretend they have a clue about Westerners who work for a living espouse.

Little fuck here was stupid enough to stick his hand out to shake after he hit me with a flu shot...I damned well almost broke it for the little ponce. It took some effort but I did manage to keep a straight face, he went close to pissing himself when his hand started collapsing.

Some days are just better!

I am the lump on the right, and I really enjoyed crunching the little fuck.

[Linked Image]

You look like a beast mate, you would have loved playing football!

Welcome to the IF Club!

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/30/23.

KB

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Welcome to the IF Club!

Too busy shearing and hunting to piss about playing kid games.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The cavemen he refers to, didn't fast because they wanted to. They did so because they hadn't killed anything for awhile. When they did, some say they gorged and didn't say...."Nope, I'm going to stop a couple days and let this rot." Fasting was a result of their food opportunity, and not a desired choice. Did it work...Yes, I have yet to find any refer to fat cavemen. But we really don't know.
Then again, I would think they got more than a little exercise...

Interesting timing that you brought this up. Just read this article:

Recent investigations into the dietary habits of prehistoric peoples and their primates and predecessors, suggest that heavy meat eating by modern affluent societies, may be exceeding the biological capabilities of evolution built into the human body. The result may be a host of diet related health problems, such as diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, and some cancers.

The studies challenge the notion that human beings evolved as aggressive hunting animals who depended primarily upon meat for survival

Findings in such fields as archaeology and anthropology, primatology and comparative anatomy instead portray early humans more as herbivores than carnivores. According to studies, food intake, for at least the last million and a half years was probably three times more plant than animal foods, the actual reverse of what an average American is currently eating.

The popular portrait of a man as a successful hunter, who ate little else but the kill he brought home, largely arose from discoveries of archaeological sites laden with fossilized bones of large prey.

Within the last 50 years, archaeologist have begun to look and find microscopic evidence of plant foods, such as the presence of pollen grains and plant crystals in fossilized human feces. A very limited amount of animal protein has been discovered in feces as well.

Hunting was a high risk and low yield activity, and for it to have been the primary source of food for humans, the species would have undoubtedly died out since there would have been inadequate supplies of food for women and children, and non-hunting men who remained at the homebase

Also, the digestive track of carnivores is designed for quick processing of food and rapid excretion of waste before they putrefy and poison the animal. The carnivores digestive tract is short, only about three times in length of the torso, smooth and straight. The herbivore has a very long small intestine and long, smooth large intestine designed for processing bulky foods that take a long time to digest.

The human intestinal tract, while not as long as the herbivores is much longer than the carnivores, about 12 times the length of the torso, and the surface area is further increased by puckering. Food takes a long time to be digested and wastes are elimited slowly a design, more suited to a diet in high plant matter than meat.

The carnivore has an acidic saliva, human saliva is alkaline and contains an enzyme, ptyalin, that pre-digest starch from plants.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“ being in a state of nutritional ketosis for the rest of your life isn't optimal.

Why? Our bodies are designed to run primarily on carbohydrates. When we eat both fat and carbs, our bodies don't make ketones out of fat first. We only make ketones when our bodies are extremely deprived of carbs and have no other choice.

But given a choice? Our bodies will run on carbs. So why would the human body be designed to primarily run on carbs if we weren't "meant" to eat them? This should be your first clue: we are designed to eat carbs. In addition, our bodies will only use ketones for fuel when those carbohydrates are severely restricted.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The cavemen he refers to, didn't fast because they wanted to. They did so because they hadn't killed anything for awhile. When they did, some say they gorged and didn't say...."Nope, I'm going to stop a couple days and let this rot." Fasting was a result of their food opportunity, and not a desired choice. Did it work...Yes, I have yet to find any refer to fat cavemen. But we really don't know.
Then again, I would think they got more than a little exercise...

Interesting timing that you brought this up. Just read this article:

Recent investigations into the dietary habits of prehistoric peoples and their primates and predecessors, suggest that heavy meat eating by modern affluent societies, may be exceeding the biological capabilities of evolution built into the human body. The result may be a host of diet related health problems, such as diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, and some cancers.

The studies challenge the notion that human beings evolved as aggressive hunting animals who depended primarily upon meat for survival

Findings in such fields as archaeology and anthropology, primatology and comparative anatomy instead portray early humans more as herbivores than carnivores. According to studies, food intake, for at least the last million and a half years was probably three times more plant than animal foods, the actual reverse of what an average American is currently eating.

The popular portrait of a man as a successful hunter, who ate little else but the kill he brought home, largely arose from discoveries of archaeological sites laden with fossilized bones of large prey.

Within the last 50 years, archaeologist have begun to look and find microscopic evidence of plant foods, such as the presence of pollen grains and plant crystals in fossilized human feces. A very limited amount of animal protein has been discovered in feces as well.

Hunting was a high risk and low yield activity, and for it to have been the primary source of food for humans, the species would have undoubtedly died out since there would have been inadequate supplies of food for women and children, and non-hunting men who remained at the homebase

Also, the digestive track of carnivores is designed for quick processing of food and rapid excretion of waste before they putrefy and poison the animal. The carnivores digestive tract is short, only about three times in length of the torso, smooth and straight. The herbivore has a very long small intestine and long, smooth large intestine designed for processing bulky foods that take a long time to digest.

The human intestinal tract, while not as long as the herbivores is much longer than the carnivores, about 12 times the length of the torso, and the surface area is further increased by puckering. Food takes a long time to be digested and wastes are elimited slowly a design, more suited to a diet in high plant matter than meat.

The carnivore has an acidic saliva, human saliva is alkaline and contains an enzyme, ptyalin, that pre-digest starch from plants.

I can tell you that Aboriginals got most of their food from the labours of their women. The men weren't as successful on the hunt as you would think.
Pretty sure it was the same for most primitive peoples.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Welcome to the IF Club!

Too busy shearing and hunting to piss about playing kid games.

lol, I mean when you were a kid, before you were saddled with responsibilities

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/30/23.

KB

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think there is a lot of truth there. Plus they were not likely to pass up a berry feast when opportunity presented. Especially after not eating for 12-16.

Although one of those African tribes were known for running an animal to exhaustion, in order to kill it.

Also look at the groves from tendons found in their bones.
They are huge. They were most likely stronger than we can imagine. Probably wouldn’t have been wise to try and hand crush one of the short fellows. 😂

Last edited by battue; 07/30/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am 248...

Doc said 230 would be ideal... below that would be too much strength loss.

This is a great thread... Thanks to everyone on their opinions... I am learning a lot from you fellas.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 73 of 257 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (222Sako, 22kHornet, 25aught6, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,380
Posts18,527,525
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.