Hop To
Page 87 of 257 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 256 257
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by KillerBee
KB, I have been switching back and forth between 16-8 to OMAD and throwing in a 72 hour fast every 3 months or so for 3+ years now.

Great!

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if we could sit down with Laporte and have a dinner together, and shoot the chit, that would be FUN!

Yes it would. I think the last time I saw him was 1973-74

KB, Did you ever know a Canadian shooter named Harry Willsie? He used to travel and shoot with Paul Laport. I used to shoot skeet with him as well.

Good morning jc, I do not believe I met Willsie. Did you ever shoot with Bill O'Brien?

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/31/23.

KB

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This is posted as a courtesy for those who may possibly think crappy has any credibility at all, every thing he comes up with is straight up gleaned from the internet.

Just a bullshit artist.

link

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I eat pizza once a week, this is one of my homemade pizzas, delicious!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good looking pie there KB. I like pizza as much as the next guy. I'll eat a couple of slices about once a month. I used to eat a lot more, buts that's when I weighed 260lbs.

Thanks man, one of the things I like about Intermittent Fasting, is that I eat whatever I want.

I eat once a day and when I eat I eat anything my heart desires.

I'm not against a pizza made as healthy as possible. I do want to stress that on OMAD it's a lot more important to monitor what you are eating to insure good nutrition.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
KB, I have been switching back and forth between 16-8 to OMAD and throwing in a 72 hour fast every 3 months or so for 3+ years now.

Great!

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if we could sit down with Laporte and have a dinner together, and shoot the chit, that would be FUN!

Yes it would. I think the last time I saw him was 1973-74

KB, Did you ever know a Canadian shooter named Harry Willsie? He used to travel and shoot with Paul Laport. I used to shoot skeet with him as well.

Good morning jc, I do not believe I met Willsie. Did you ever shoot with Bill O'Brien?

Not that I recall, I may have but we are talking almost 50 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Anyone notice ‘Muglia burns his meat? Photos are the proof. He doesn’t eat meat besides you know what. LOL
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
There is more than pizza on the table, did you notice the size of that woman's forearms?

We had pizza last week, 1 1/2 iga pizzas filled three of us...my daughter polished off the rest the next day.

I am having difficulty believing anyone could eat the amount in that picture.

Have you ever watched the show "My 600 lbs. Life"? I not look it up on the internet IMAGES, it will blow your mind!

There are lots of people that fat and FATTER!

KB

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I switched from 16-8 to OMAD 4 days ago. I like to switch things up a little, I like one meal a day for the reason you just posted. It might just be one meal a day, but its a big one.

Because I have been eating OMAD for 4 years now, I can not even imagine eating any different way. If I even eat a tiny meal during the day, I feel as sluggish as a snail.

You will get used to it real fast, eat whatever you want when you do, 24-hour cycles.

If you are gaining any weight you don't want, just switch to 48-hour cycles until you drop the weight and go back to 24s after you do, easy peezy!

Still a good idea to watch your carbohydrate intake because spiking your insulin massively after every 24 hour fast can land you in diabetic mode. Also, a 48 hour fast has a specific reason mainly to reset your dopamine receptors. If you need a dopamine reset it's great but remember that a 48 hour fast is long enough that your digestive system will downregulate and it takes one week to upregulate your digestive system again. The 36 hour fast doesn't downregulate your digestive system at all so for simply losing weight I stick with the 36. The longer fasts because they are hacking into your metabolics pretty hard should be saved for maybe 3 times a year. While the 48 hour and longer fasts do have tremendous benefits they also have a downside if used to often where as the 36 doesn't get into this territory

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Trystan
I switched from 16-8 to OMAD 4 days ago. I like to switch things up a little, I like one meal a day for the reason you just posted. It might just be one meal a day, but its a big one.

Because I have been eating OMAD for 4 years now, I can not even imagine eating any different way. If I even eat a tiny meal during the day, I feel as sluggish as a snail.

You will get used to it real fast, eat whatever you want when you do, 24-hour cycles.

If you are gaining any weight you don't want, just switch to 48-hour cycles until you drop the weight and go back to 24s after you do, easy peezy!

Still a good idea to watch your carbohydrate intake because spiking your insulin massively after every 24 hour fast can land you in diabetic mode. Also, a 48 hour fast has a specific reason mainly to reset your dopamine receptors. If you need a dopamine reset it's great but remember that a 48 hour fast is long enough that your digestive system will downregulate and it takes one week to upregulate your digestive system again. The 36 hour fast doesn't downregulate your digestive system at all so for simply losing weight I stick with the 36. The longer fasts because they are hacking into your metabolics pretty hard should be saved for maybe 3 times a year. While the 48 hour and longer fasts do have tremendous benefits they also have a downside if used to often where as the 36 doesn't get into this territory

FYI, I do not eat a lot of carbs, mostly Meat and Veggies. Pizza is a once-a-week treat.

I do also have deserts, but typically not more than twice a week. Like this Key Lime Pie I made

KB

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm 5 days into my switch from 16-8 to OMAD, my one meal a day has been (Steak, Ham, Eggs) alternating, with broccoli and salads. Got on the scale this morning, lost 9lbs in 5 days. Feeling great. Ketone breath meter says I'm right where I need to be.

Longbob posted this info earlier in this thread. Keto Meter (This is the one that I have been using. It is about $50.)

Keto Meter

Thanks for posting the info Longbob. The meter works well.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm 5 days into my switch from 16-8 to OMAD, my one meal a day has been (Steak, Ham, Eggs) alternating, with broccoli and salads. Got on the scale this morning, lost 9lbs in 5 days. Feeling great. Ketone breath meter says I'm right where I need to be.

Longbob posted this info earlier in this thread. Keto Meter (This is the one that I have been using. It is about $50.)

Keto Meter

That is exactly the one I got and glad you like it. Works well for me also. I think the sticks go out of usefulness after a little while. It seems like the don't react as well over time.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Keto Meter

Good work jc, I am ordering one as well, the sticks are a pain in the butt! Intermittent Fasting Works Period!

This is the very successful restaurant Paul owned in Montreal before he sold it to Gordon Ramsay.

KB

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Trystan

FYI, I do not eat a lot of carbs, mostly Meat and Veggies. Pizza is a once-a-week treat.

I do also have deserts, but typically not more than twice a week. Like this Key Lime Pie I made

I was basing my reply off of your advice to JC189 to....."eat whatever you want when you do 24 hour fasts"

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone has a different idea on "fasting" but two considerations:

1. You can achieve the benefits of "fasting" with 500 calories a day - which ain't hard. You don't need to go zero calories unless you just want to for whatever personal reason.

2. The idea of beneficial fasting is to kick start the insulin response reset (it takes time for that). But if you go right back to carbs and sugar you accomplish nothing. It's just a lot easier to cut all carbs and sugar for a month and then add some complex carbs back in.

I stick to 30 grams or less carbs a day and 15 grams of that is Ezekiel Bread at breakfast - which is generally around noon for me. That gives me 17 hours between my last and first meal. That is my daily "fast". If I decide to eat pizza, I just extend my daily fast till dinner the next day. Otherwise, I eat zero additional sugar or simple carbs.

Once again, this isn't difficult.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 07/31/23.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Keto Meter

I would like to pick up one of those too. Can you post a link or give the model and make so I get the same one please?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Everyone has a different idea on "fasting" but two considerations:

1. You can achieve the benefits of "fasting" with 500 calories a day - which ain't hard. You don't need to go zero calories unless you just want to for whatever personal reason.

2. The idea of beneficial fasting is to kick start the insulin response reset (it takes time for that). But if you go right back to carbs and sugar you accomplish nothing. It's just a lot easier to cut all carbs and sugar for a month and then add some complex carbs back in.

I stick to 30 grams or less carbs a day and 15 grams of that is Ezekiel Bread at breakfast - which is generally around noon for me. That gives me 17 hours between my last and first meal. That is my daily "fast". If I decide to eat pizza, I just extend my daily fast till dinner the next day. Otherwise, I eat zero additional sugar or simple carbs.

Once again, this isn't difficult.

As the old saying goes "A child can do it"

No BS Counting Calories, no charts, graphs, or special grocery lists!

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RHClark

Good looking pie there KB. I like pizza as much as the next guy. I'll eat a couple of slices about once a month. I used to eat a lot more, buts that's when I weighed 260lbs.

Thanks man, one of the things I like about Intermittent Fasting, is that I eat whatever I want.

I'm not against a pizza made as healthy as possible...

Then what does one call a pizza - made without the crust?

Bean-less chili?

Askin' for a friend.

... who's a gym meathead in the retail Italian baby food business.

Ha!

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RHClark

I'm not against a pizza made as healthy as possible...

Then what does one call a pizza - made without the crust?

Bean-less chili?

Askin' for a friend.

... who's a gym meathead in the retail Italian baby food business.

Ha!

GR

My wife made one a couple of months ago with Cauliflower as the crust. I said "Please never make that chit for me again" lol

NEWS FLASH: If it isn't a bread crust it's not Pizza

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
KB, I switched from 16-8 to OMAD 4 days ago. I like to switch things up a little, I like one meal a day for the reason you just posted. It might just be one meal a day, but its a big one.

What really works well is an IM/P 2/5 (or 3/4) Feasting/Fasting.

Eat really well (Keto), breakfast and dinner (9A/2P), on the weekends - and then water, dark roast Community coffee, and brine tea Fast during the week.

The [Fast/Work/hunt/Retrieve/Process/Cook => Feast/sleep/screw] cycle is very interesting.

A little like bein' back in high school.

GR

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I do not have time to watch a 2+ hour podcast or a 44 minute podcast.

However, I do have an ok understanding of physiology. And I would like for someone to explain to me how fasting is supposed to work for losing weight. Fasting is about the worst thing to do to lose weight because the body is less likely to release stores when it perceives itself to be in a starvation situation.

The big insulin swings from not eating for 16+ hours to challenging your body with a large calorie load doesn't compute for weight loss.

Last edited by Tarkio; 07/31/23.

Montana MOFO
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I do not have time to watch a 2+ hour podcast or a 44 minute podcast.

However, I do have an ok understanding of physiology. And I would like for someone to explain to me how fasting is supposed to work for losing weight. Fasting is about the worst thing to do to lose weight because the body is less likely to release stores when it perceives itself to be in a starvation situation.

The big insulin swings from not eating for 16+ hours to challenging your body with a large calorie load doesn't compute for weight loss.

How can it be "starving" if a person is feasting on their own bodyfat?

Dave

Page 87 of 257 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,873 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,334
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.