Hop To
Page 90 of 257 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 256 257
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by jc189
[quote=krp]This is my take... delayed eating, if you eat at least once a day isn't fasting and for sure eating twice a day isn't fasting.

If you can eat twice a day and actually remove a meal's worth of calories, that's a diet and you can lose weight, like any calorie reduction diet. If you just cram 3 meals into 2 and say the difference of not eating from 6pm to 6am vs 6pm to 10am or even noon is substantial... it's a no.

If you can eat two normal meals a day, eating less carbs and sugars you will lose more weight than eating high carb and sugar.

None of this is new but being sold as it is.

Fasting is different, more a cleansing with weight benefits if overweight. Fasting is a sleep, full day, sleep. It can be extended depending on what you want to accomplish... again this is nothing new.

Your activity level will determine how many calories you need, carbs and sugars. Whether you eat once a day or 6.

[quote=krp]"This is my take... delayed eating, if you eat at least once a day isn't fasting and for sure eating twice a day isn't fasting."

Eating one meal a day (OMAD) or eating two meals a day in a specified eating window, Example 16-8, sixteen hours fasting and eating your two meals in the eight hour eating window is called Intermittent Fasting. 18-6 is another example of Intermittent Fasting. If your not sure of this, Google it. It is a very popular method of fasting.

If you have 11 minutes watch this. It explains everything about Fasting/Intermittent Fasting. Take it from a Doctor that specializes in Fasting and runs a very successful clinic on treating Diabetic patients and the obese.

So what was it called before 5 years ago when folks ate twice a day?

First time I heard the term intermediate fasting about then and was told it was eating twice a day, delaying the first meal to 10am... I was like huh? fasting?

There's not a real difference eating the first meal at 7am or 10am, it's not fasting.

Kent

Eating twice where I was from was called: Eating Normally lol

I started Intermittent Fasting 47 years ago my first fast was 30 days in that time period I ate 1 apple and one sandwich, nobody was calling it Intermittent Fasting, everyone I knew called it staving lol

I've fasted 3 days with only liquids but the whole point of that video was to show different studies that help determine the best window of feeding for a desired outcome. You can call it fasting or time restricted feeding or whatever, but the interesting part is that you can get good results without going days. There are good scientific studies that Professor Zimmerman discusses that will help keep you from fasting too long and reducing metabolism, and losing muscle, as well as very interesting studies that show how minor fluctuations in that specific feeding window each day can have dramatic effects.

I've asked a few others; did you watch the video or any of it?
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
“Serious Muscle Loss Is a Possible Side Effect of Keto

“Muscle loss on the ketogenic diet is an ongoing area of research,” says Edwina Clark, RD, a dietitian in private practice in San Francisco. “Small studies suggest that people on the ketogenic diet lose muscle even when they continue resistance training. This may be related to the fact that protein alone is less effective for muscle building than protein and carbohydrates together after exercise.” Meanwhile, according to one small study, published in the March 2018 issue of Sports, people who followed the keto diet for three months lost about the same amount of body fat and had about the same muscle mass changes as people following normal diets. Yet the folks on keto did lose more leg muscle.”

Hey Ricky, remember you posted the picture of me and said I look like an older menopausal woman?

KB

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDW
My point is fasting is not a new concept, not detrimental to human health and not even close to starving as the opponents often state.

I am really thinking Fung is correct when he stated don't even tell people you are fasting....this thread is a perfect example.

May be of interest to someone.

The last three nights I haven't had the acid burn in the guts when I went to bed. Last night as an experiment I had a large rump steak covered in potato bake, something that is generally guaranteed to be uncomfortable and require the use of Quickeze to allow sleep.

Apart from being over full there was no issue, and no it doesn't prove or mean anything. So for the fun of it this coming weekend I am going to do 24 hours and see what the difference is between that and 32 hours, apart from time.

Could be any number of reasons for the change...in another three weeks I should have a better picture.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Anyone notice ‘Muglia burns his meat? Photos are the proof. He doesn’t eat meat besides you know what. LOL

Bad news for the midget clown, alwaysatwat…

Your Period on Keto Might Undergo Some Changes

“Periods may become irregular or completely stop on the keto diet,” says Yawitz. “This is more due to rapid weight loss than the diet itself and happens because of drops in gonadotropin-releasing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, estrogen, and progesterone.”

Long-term disruption of menstruation can bring on serious side effects, including low bone density. “This is because estrogen is very important to bone health,” says Yawitz. “Studies have also found that prolonged menstrual irregularity increases risk for cardiovascular disease, depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction. It’s important to contact your ob-gyn if your cycles become irregular or if you stop having periods.”

Hey you stupid fugking clam, thanks for proving me right and posting some charred meat in the cooking forum.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by RDW
My point is fasting is not a new concept, not detrimental to human health and not even close to starving as the opponents often state.

I am really thinking Fung is correct when he stated don't even tell people you are fasting....this thread is a perfect example.

The last three nights I haven't had the acid burn in the guts when I went to bed. Last night as an experiment I had a large rump steak covered in potato bake, something that is generally guaranteed to be uncomfortable and require the use of Quickeze to allow sleep.

Apart from being over full there was no issue, and no it doesn't prove or mean anything. So for the fun of it this coming weekend I am going to do 24 hours and see what the difference is between that and 32 hours, apart from time.

Could be any number of reasons for the change...in another three weeks I should have a better picture.

Glad you didn't have to use the Quickeze. Sounds good.
Keep us posted.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RDW

One of the reasons I fast is it gets rid of acid reflux for me, long enough for me to forget I can have it, till it hits again.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RDW

One of the reasons I fast is it gets rid of acid reflux for me, long enough for me to forget I can have it, till it hits again.

Kent

krp, have you ever done a colon or liver cleanse?

KB

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Seems like it is worth further investigation for myself.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RDW

Kent

Like an enema? no... I usually chit three times a day, if I eat corn for dinner I'm chitting corn when I wake up at 4... I'm not joking.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Fasting is a liver cleanse. I always chit corn after I eat it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Drinking a bunch of water is also, I drink all day long especially at work, even in the heat I'm pissing clear and often. My first tumbler of the work day is with electrolytes and just water after. Coffee at home before I leave.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RDW

Kent

Like an enema? no... I usually chit three times a day, if I eat corn for dinner I'm chitting corn when I wake up at 4... I'm not joking.

Kent

No, not an enema, but according to Rick they feel great lol, never had one myself.

Your Liver and Colon Health are paramount to your overall health and well-being, I do a liver cleanse once a year and a colon cleanse on a regular basis.

One of the main reasons for Acid Reflux has to do with colon issues, most people do not know this. Before I started doing colon cleanses, I had acid reflux and heartburn often, suffered greatly, and was eating lots of antacid tablets like candy.

Upon doing colon cleanses 21 years ago, the acid reflux STOPPED IMMEDIATELY, and I am happy to say that I never have heartburn anymore, and have not eaten antacid tablets in 20 years.

I can share more info if you like.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone notice ‘Muglia burns his meat? Photos are the proof. He doesn’t eat meat besides you know what. LOL

“Periods may become irregular or completely stop on the keto diet,” says Yawitz. “This is more due to rapid weight loss than the diet itself and happens because of drops in gonadotropin-releasing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, estrogen, and progesterone.”

Long-term disruption of menstruation can bring on serious side effects, including low bone density. “This is because estrogen is very important to bone health,” says Yawitz. “Studies have also found that prolonged menstrual irregularity increases risk for cardiovascular disease, depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction. It’s important to contact your ob-gyn if your cycles become irregular or if you stop having periods.”

Hey you stupid fugking clam, thanks for proving me right and posting some charred meat in the cooking forum.

Alwaysatwat is just here to be a complete dick. Just like on every sub forum.

Nothing to add to the topic, nothing to discuss about the topic

He comes by it honestly; born a worthless piece of schidt and just can’t help it. Genetics

🤣😂🤣

Last edited by rcamuglia; 07/31/23.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
AlwaysIndoors is not be taken seriously.
He's just one of the Village Idiots here.

smile

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Rick did you see my post #18629269

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Seems like it is worth further investigation for myself.

It fixes things you don't even know are wrong, my friend.

But it doesn't work without Keto first.

Keto => Fasting
Sugar => Starvation

Fasting - is simply the absence of keto.

Takes a coupla weeks to get settled into it.

And precision counts - keep the Net Carbs < 20 g./day, or you are paddlin' in a dry stream.

GR

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

He comes by it honestly; born a worthless piece of schidt and just can’t help it. Genetics

🤣😂🤣

How’s John and the kids? LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

🤣😂🤣

How’s John and the kids? LOL

alwaysoutdoors, Ricky posted this about you:

Maybe he was looking in the mirror and speaking about himself?

A pretty ignorant guy in his own right!

lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/31/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Upon doing colon cleanses 21 years ago ....I can share more info if you like.

Please don't.

Killer, I liked you better when you talked about killing bears, moose and chit like that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Upon doing colon cleanses 21 years ago ....I can share more info if you like.

Please don't.

Killer, I liked you better when you talked about killing bears, moose and chit like that.

hahaha I was going to offer to send him a PM LOL

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ya, PM is ok.

Page 90 of 257 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10Glocks, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.