Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
You two just can’t help yourselves! So easily triggered. I don’t have to justify myself to anyone, least of which you two. Full freezers and packed trophy rooms tell my story to those I care about quite nicely. Taylor Swift is touring. You two should get together and go see her. She’ll probably play your song.

LOL.......don't dare go near this thread, as it's for posters here who actually do something more than lip service. Keep trying though, you're doing great!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...alls-invited-to-participate#Post17701874

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by geedubya
PS: As an aside, I have become a huge fan of RMR/red dot sights......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

especially when the target it is on the move!

I'd bet an RMR would work well on a Buff hunt.

According to the PH's, the red dot's/RMR's have become pretty popular on DGR's. Almost all the PH's I was recently with were saving money to buy one. I've recently started using one on a little Sig 365 pistol for EDC. I've used it a bunch to finish-off or kill trapped pigs. They're pretty slick.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The AMAZINGLY long list of simplistic schit that Texans can’t do,never fails to amaze. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

I will be the first to admit that as a critter that operates "within a narrow band of mediocrity", there are a multitude of things I can't do.

However, I typically can read and understand a straight forward question posed in American English print, even Cursive.

So with that in mind, IIRC I've heard a fellow intone "Start at the Fcuking Start" or something to that effect.

Originally Posted by gsganzer
I've been searching for a good scope for a .375 H&H for a buff hunt and finally decided on a Swaro Z6i 1-6x24 w/4i reticle. However, in my search I couldn't help but note all the elaborate and busy reticles. Most seem better suited for benchrest target shooting, than actual hunting conditions. I also noted how big and blocky so many of the scope bodies have become, with huge ocular dimensions, that would surely make an issue with bolt handle lift on many rifles. I also noted that many scopes are getting short bodies, making mounting on long actions a challenge.

It seems like most scopes (at least on the lower power models) are now designed for the AR tactical crowd and there are very few that are well suited for long action, bolt gun hunting rifles. Are true basic hunting scopes starting to fade away?

Only for the unimagnintive, and willfully ignorant (meaning no disrespect to the OP)....

Some Options I am using/persuing.

Not the quality of the Swaro Z6i,

but......

Top to bottom

QR combo for the Sauer 404,

Aimpoint H2 Micro 2MOA Red Dot

Leupold 2.5 -7 x 33 VX-R w/ iIlluminated Dot.

Trijicon RMR Dot Type 2, 3.25 MOA Red Dot

Leupold Freedom 1.5-4 x 20, Pig Plex Reticle

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

ya!

GWB

PS: As an aside, I have become a huge fan of RMR/red dot sights......

especially when the target it is on the move!

I'd bet an RMR would work well on a Buff hunt.

Man when you go on to the next level your relatives are going to have an epic Alamo style battle!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
Man when you go on to the next level your relatives are going to have an epic Alamo style battle!

Or he'll have been squared away and have it all taken care of and understood by the surviving relatives. 😉

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gsganzer
According to the PH's, the red dot's/RMR's have become pretty popular on DGR's. Almost all the PH's I was recently with were saving money to buy one. I've recently started using one on a little Sig 365 pistol for EDC. I've used it a bunch to finish-off or kill trapped pigs. They're pretty slick.

10/4!

As mentioned, I am a red dot fan!

Since you mention it.........

The P365 has been my daily carry almost since they came out.

Prior to that the Glock 43 was my daily carry, but it is hard to argue with being accompanied by 12 to 16 friends.

I sometimes carry 15 hours a day. Add to the fact that at 72 I have "old man's but and a full size 1911 or Glock drags my pants down no matter how tight I cinch my belt.

A caveat, as I have an astigmatism, I am not fond of them at night

I very seldom go to the stop and rob at night, but do hunt quite a bit at night.....

prefer a light and laser....

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I bought a Holosun 507K2 for my P365. Really cool sight. I upgraded to a Wilson Combat X frame with weights and it's an extremely manageable little 9mm. I was plinking a 6" plate easily at 25 yards. Not something you'd likely be able to do with a J-frame or some of the other small CCW pistols.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Has absolutely nothing to do with figuring out how. It’s a personal and philosophical decision. I prefer to “hunt quietly” now.

I see.

He's another one of those who runs his mouth more than he should, and can't prove anything. Lot's of those types around here.

"Hunt quietly" apparently means brag and blab about the results, but refuse to share pics.

Think about that. In this thread alone, he has trashed the quality of the content here.

He has bitched about how the site isn't photo friendly.

He has bragged about his hunting skill and kills.

He has called that "hunting quietly."

He has implied that he can post pics, but has refused to post them.

LOLOLOL
You two just can’t help yourselves! So easily triggered. I don’t have to justify myself to anyone, least of which you two. Full freezers and packed trophy rooms tell my story to those I care about quite nicely. Taylor Swift is touring. You two should get together and go see her. She’ll probably play your song.

Calling someone on their bullschidt = triggered.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Full freezers and packed trophy rooms tell my story to those I care about quite nicely. .

LOL.......don't dare go near this thread, as it's for posters here who actually do something more than lip service. Keep trying though, you're doing great!

Not cool, he already told you that he likes to "hunt quietly." You need to respect that hunting quietly means bragging on the worldwide web about MOARing down moose, packing freezers and hanging Pope and Crockett trophies, but not sharing pictures. Picture would be tacky and fly in the face of his quiet hunting philosophy. I wonder if he's related to KSMITH.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
GWB has some way cool guns!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Full freezers and packed trophy rooms tell my story to those I care about quite nicely. .

Not cool, he already told you that he likes to "hunt quietly." You need to respect that hunting quietly means bragging on the worldwide web about MOARing down moose, packing freezers and hanging Pope and Crockett trophies, but not sharing pictures. Picture would be tacky and fly in the face of his quiet hunting philosophy. I wonder if he's related to KSMITH.
Just curious, what would you two do if proven wrong?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Probably admit I was wrong. It's always good to be able to prove what you're arguing about as there are quite a few blowhards (Elkslayer, Old Toot, etc) that talk a good game but won't post up any pics. Go to the link and post 'em up.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Probably admit I was wrong. It's always good to be able to prove what you're arguing about as there are quite a few blowhards (Elkslayer, Old Toot, etc) that talk a good game but won't post up any pics. Go to the link and post 'em up.

Well, not everyone you call out is full of shit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

. I’d apologize and ask you why the reticence to post pics when you are willing tell the world what you have done. People enjoy pictures. More pics from more members might elevate the forum from its place of 20years ago.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tell you what, i’ll extend the olive branch. If you guys will honor your word, I will send plenty of pics via text message. I will not post pics publicly on the internet. Personal objection, end of story and it’s non negotiable. But if one of you are man enough to pm me your ph number, I will regale you with plenty of pics, just get ready to eat some crow.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Well, not everyone you call out is full of shit.

Most of 'em are easy.....really easy. I admit I get fooled every now and then though. In fact, IIRC you were one of them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tell you what, i’ll extend the olive branch. If you guys will honor your word, I will send plenty of pics via text message. I will not post pics publicly on the internet. Personal objection, end of story and it’s non negotiable. But if one of you are man enough to pm me your ph number, I will regale you with plenty of pics, just get ready to eat some crow.

Let's do this. I'll spare you the trouble. I am sorry I called BS on you. If you ever find yourself in this God forsaken schidthole, hit me up. Viking food is on me and we can even sneak in a 50 mile bike ride and some kayak fishing. But be warned, I brag about my trophies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hold into the Roundoaks.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Well.......I did man up and send SD my phone number, and he responded with quite a few beautiful trophies including blacktail, muleys, elk, a mtn goat, bear, caribou......most if not all bowkilled! Congrats SD, as I said in my text I was dead wrong, so please accept my apologies for giving you a healthy ration of BS. I stand corrected.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well.......I did man up and send SD my phone number, and he responded with quite a few beautiful trophies including blacktail, muleys, elk, a mtn goat, bear, caribou......most if not all bowkilled! Congrats SD, as I said in my text I was dead wrong, so please accept my apologies for giving you a healthy ration of BS. I stand corrected.

+1

Good stuff!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ok, now that we got that out of the way… bygones are bygones and the hatchet’s buried. Apology accepted. Let’s move on.

Not all of those critters were bow killed, a few of em were shot at 500+ too. I hunt with all kinds of weapons. But hey, let’s not forget the moose that got MOAR’d! LOL. I’m stealing that as a verb Paul! Quite funny. And what the hell is that fish? A tilapia? I’m going fishing tomorrow!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll apologize for thinking you were full of it.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (160user, 1minute, 257Bob, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 15,273 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,144
Posts18,542,523
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.