-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What does the electrical stimulation do for you? Curious, as I am seriously down in my back right now. Pulled a muscle about 8-9 days ago and it's rough. Seeing my PT guy early next week.

Now with even more aplomb

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
A few extra hours of sleep a night will most likely add a few years to your life and improve your quality of life greatly. Sleep is everything imo.

2 extra hours sleeping per day/night for 20 years adds up to roughly 2 extra years spent sleeping so the few years you gain, you waste sleeping.
I sleep maybe 5 hrs a day if I’m lucky, not by choice though. If stress is a killer I’m a deadman….laffin’

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Electrical stimulation at my back quack (chiropractor) seems to ease the tightness in lower back muscles, but needs to be set pretty high. Honestly a new adjustable bed was a game changer for me, and an inversion rack works wonders when it gets bad.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
A few extra hours of sleep a night will most likely add a few years to your life and improve your quality of life greatly. Sleep is everything imo.

2 extra hours sleeping per day/night for 20 years adds up to roughly 2 extra years spent sleeping so the few years you gain, you waste sleeping.
I sleep maybe 5 hrs a day if I’m lucky, not by choice though. If stress is a killer I’m a deadman….laffin’

You better quit laffin and get some damn sleep.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A TENS unit force the muscles to "fire" and thus exercises them at the fiber level. It feels like a cross between a tickle and a massage. Startling at first, and can hurt if you set it too high. Start low.

The poor man's inversion is simply hanging from your hands and doing slow, gentle hip twists by criss-crossing your legs. This stretches your spine and takes pressure off your discs and any compressed nerves. Try it a few seconds at a time and work up. Quit if anything hurts or you suddenly feel dizzy. I use my garage door rails and a stepstool.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A TENS unit force the muscles to "fire" and thus exercises them at the fiber level. It feels like a cross between a tickle and a massage. Startling at first, and can hurt if you set it too high. Start low.

The poor man's inversion is simply hanging from your hands and doing slow, gentle hip twists by criss-crossing your legs. This stretches your spine and takes pressure off your discs and any compressed nerves. Try it a few seconds at a time and work up. Quit if anything hurts or you suddenly feel dizzy. I use my garage door rails and a stepstool.
When I hang from the inversion rack I let my arms straight down and twist at the waist side to side, maybe 10-20 seconds then go up right, then repeat maybe 3-4 times. Help A LOT

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Inversion racks can be dangerous for anyone with high blood pressure. Blood rushing to your head can cause a stroke, I'm told. Hanging upright from your hands is safer.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have used one form or another of most of the methods mentioned here for dealing with the pain. Most helped some, some helped a lot. In particular, stretches/exercises that tended to straighten out the lower spine and/or stretch and loosen up the primasformas muscles, also TENS applied to the primasformis (not sure of that spelling.) I think I could have gotten along okay, but none of them really completely eliminated the pain all day, every day, like this bed has. Of course, we hit a certain age where, as soon as everything seems good, we wonder what the next problem will be.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I get up and get working before 345am these days. I think I have slept to my alarm 3x since May. This fall I am going to try to sleep from 10pm to 6am. Sleep hasn’t been a priority for me but I am going to try.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
CRA 1948, all that pain in South Carolina and it's still better than living in New York huh? As for me, I'm in pain since Saturday. About 37 yrs. ago I fell off a ladder about 10' . I fell on my back and of course there were some boulders that hit right in the middle of may back. About 20 yrs. later, the chiropractor did an ex ray. He starts asking when did I get in a car accident or something... It dawned on me that it was when I fell on the rocks in 1986... It is always a bit sore there, but Saturday morning it hurt really bad, and it hurts pretty bad right now. I am not sure what to do about it . The chiropractor said it is arthiritis in my back ... I hate that sore feeling and now it is turning into sharp pain. If it does not go away I am in for a miserable life.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
to the OP

I'm happy for you it seems to be working.

I'm not going to get a bed that sends any information about me to a server somewhere and then let's "AI" determine when I need the settings on my bed changed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ever since I have been sleeping on a Aireloom mattress I have had Zero Sicatica and back pain.

I have tried about every mattress out there and these are simply the best for me.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hip thrusts and squats have made my sciatica all but disappear and I have tried everything including cortisone shots.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (35, 10Glocks, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,327
Posts18,505,910
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.