S
Your living the Dream! Enjoy!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Wow, what an adventure! Congratulations and best of luck with this major life change.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Somehow I missed that fact that you were moving to Alaska! I’m pretty darn envious!

A Huge Congratulations and wishing you the very best! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I just wanted to say howdy to all my friends here. I am in the process of moving up to my place in SE Alaska and between barges, boats and planes I’ve been busy. I don’t have cell phone or internet reception unless I drive almost 2 hours to the library Wi-Fi.

I’m catching the afternoon mail plane back to Ketchikan tomorrow and I should be back at my “southern place” tomorrow night. I need to get my Starlink mobile gear for camp and I need a local cell number as well as some titles and miscellaneous stuff I forgot. 😀. Moving to a more “remote part” of Alaska not as easy as it sounds when you’re relying on tugs and barges, float planes and trucks.

I got my truck and hunting travel trailer barged up and I brought literally tons of tools and fishing gear. I threw the 14’ aluminum skiff on top of the truck and I’m a one man traveling circus. 😂

I wanted to thank everyone who was checking on me and figure a blanket post might be best since service is poor.

I hope you are all doing well (except the liberals, I don’t hope they’re happy) and I will update down the road.
Be safe and sounds awesome. Wish i was there!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Good move, shows intelligence, but GFY and welcome to AK, anyway. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks guys. I have been incredibly fortunate in that everything has gone smoothly and on schedule. On top of things going smoothly I am finding that while there are a lot less people and I can drive for 3 hours without passing another vehicle when I do run into another human they are happy, kind and polite…my kinda folks.

I’ll try to get in the habit of taking pictures but I’m terrible at remembering to do so.

As a young boy I wanted to be a policeman, fireman, Alaskan and I wanted to own my own Gunshop….I did everything that I wanted to as a young boy with dreams except the Alaskan part which I’m doing now. I’m registering my vehicles and boat up here and I’ll be here to stay. I’ll travel south since my family is there and the kids and my wife will come up here to visit until I get the house built but I’m DONE DONE DONE with the people, politics and bullshit of the lesser 48. I’m home now!

Talk to you all soon and God bless you all.

Nice!

Glad for you.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad your living your dreams, hope the rest of your move goes smooth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well heck yeah! I hope it’s everything you dreamed about.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Enjoy, Aces! Hope it's everything you wanted it to be.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I’m DONE DONE DONE with the people, politics and bullshit of the lesser 48. I’m home now!

Brotha' I can't blame ya.'

Congrats on the move!

IC B3

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Happy for you, I'm sure we will get updates, hope so.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
AA & 88. Good on ya’. Moving SUCKS but I hope it works out as just like you dreamed. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the update on your task and adventure. May it be everything you have dreamed and more. Sorry I did not get to visit with you again up in St before you left -but maybe can catch you some time when you are down in WA for a spell.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Let us know when the housewarming party is. Congratulations on the new place/dream.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rock on Aces!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
U need any help? Its,106 here today,I'll head that way,draw me a map😎

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Best of luck on your new adventure...

Guess I'll be holding down the fort here in Southern Oregon...

Too old to pull up and leave, unless I go back home to Virginia....which sure as hell has a lot more folks in it than it did when I was growing up....

this nation has too many damn foreigners in it anymore...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Gentlemen…..Thank you all for the encouragement and nice words! I’ve wanted to do this ever since I can remember but for whatever reason like raising children and taking care of aging parents….burying parents and friends, it had to wait. I’ve been “existing” down here but it ain’t where I wanna be so after I got my mother in law moved over close to us I told my wife that “It’s time”. There are a million reasons why we don’t follow our dreams and virtually all of them are valid reasons but it still leaves us … less than fulfilled. I’ve got a gem for a wife because instead of guilting me into staying or being jealous that I’m going off into Alaska without her she encouraged me and supports this crazy dream. She and our children are everything to me which is why I feel like I’ve GOTTA do this so that our children have the option to leave this crap behind and make their way in God’s country. Building our home and replanting our roots up north is not an option for me anymore…..it’s a NECESSITY!

I got to the point down here that I couldn’t find my happiness anymore. I have everything that a man could want…a healthy loving family, children who are hard working and intelligent, a wife that I love more than my own life and a beautiful home but I still couldn’t “thrive”. I’ve spent countless hours doing a self-inventory of what motivates me to leave that behind to strike off by myself and I still am no closer to answering that question but I know what I NEED and it ain’t much. I haven’t felt as relaxed and at peace as I have up there…

I don’t know what the future holds but for the first time in years I’ve got the butterflies of excitement, a feeling I thought I’d outgrown but luckily it was just lying dormant.

Thanks again for all your kind words. I’m back down here for a few days but I’m flying back up on Tuesday. I need to get my communication system worked out because I can’t fully relax unless I know that my family is good, plus I forgot to grab the titles so I can register everything in Alaska. 😀. So far the move, the travel and the people I’ve dealt with have been amazing. Every single thing has been perfect and on schedule without any issues whatsoever which makes me think this was meant to be.

I’ll keep everyone updated and I’ll share this adventure as it develops. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I do envision someday having a “housewarming” party but I’ll need a house first. 😀. It’s possible that in the future there could be some epic Campfire get-togethers up there. 😉

Stay tuned….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure where exactly you're setting up "camp", but I most certainly appreciate the update and wish you the best

in the lingo of some folks that make their home in SE................gunalcheech

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,075
Posts18,521,731
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.