Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 70 of 91 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 90 91
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Because an atheist knows everything about the God who doesn’t exist?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Perhaps to question and discuss the efficacy of prayer?.....or is everyone supposed to nod their heads in unison like children in a kindergarten class that teaches faith?

Does everything that goes on in the world require you to either nod your head in agreement, or vehemently disagree?

Anything ever happen that you don't need to comment on?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
It must seem easy to whine and cry, point the finger, make accusations in the pretense of making a point when you don't even understand a word that was said, but it just makes you look bad.

Being incapable of addressing the issues that are raised, you whine and wail in denial like a child.
Oh, it seams easy, alright. At least you make it look that way. Your expertise is recognized.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Or better yet, pick up some reading material on science, philosophy and history that is not creationist propaganda.

Like Wikipedia? I hear followers of atheistic science find it a go-to resource and a real hotbed of accurate information. grin

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Did you understand a word of it? Apparently not.

Logic is not your thing. Reason is not your thing.

Your preferences lie in myth and magic, which you believe is reality, that this is how the world works, that your God and your theology real and true while anyone who does not subscribe to your brand of faith is wrong.

Do you know what a contradiction is?

A contradiction is where there are two opposing claims, wher both cannot be true. If one is true, the other must be false, or both are false, but both cannot be true.

Now if your God is Love, and love seeks to not only cause harm, but prevent it from happening, then this God cannot deliberately create Evil.

Yet we are told in the very same book;

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.'' Proverbs 16:4

Problem of Evil: "If I could stop a man from raping a child, I would. That's the difference between me and your god." Tracie Harris

Blah blah blah blah blah. Anytime you want to summit Mount Whatsyourpoint is fine with us. Holy cow, you can drone on.

- Socrates
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Why does someone who doesn't pray engage in a thread about prayer?
Because they’re miserable humans that find no satisfaction in their cult and seek out those that are content with the truth and project their misery on them.

Oh wait….was that a rhetorical question? smile

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IZH27
I see what you did there.

- Socrates
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by RayF
I see what you did there.

I see a different in atheistic types. There is the scientific type who thinks little of religion and religions and tends to view everything in terms of material evolution. They don’t get their emotions involved even though they view themselves as possessing superior knowledge.

Then, there is the type that presents itself in this and like threads. Emotional, inconsistent, a projection of knowing about religious beliefs yet displaying ignorance. My impression of this type is that they have had a bad experience with religion somewhere along the way and, try as they may, can never fully escape the pull.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting insight. Thanks for the perspective.

- Socrates
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
DBT - that lengthy rash of illogical blather about "contradictions" amounts to zero because of what you are trying to do with that falsity - which is deflect the oft shown hard proof of your manipulation and deceit in this and other threads. Nothing here can save you from the failure you have demonstrated yourself to be. The record of facts and proof are all back there, for all to see.

You further degrade yourself by claiming that I have been defending my faith. You cannot provide a single citation or quote to that end - another failure.

What I have been doing is analyzing what you state and highlighting hard evidence the many manipulations, deceits and false statements you post. That has become afactual record proving your bad behavior. Just strong logic at work.

Did you understand a word of it? Apparently not.

Logic is not your thing. Reason is not your thing.

Your preferences lie in myth and magic, which you believe is reality, that this is how the world works, that your God and your theology real and true while anyone who does not subscribe to your brand of faith is wrong.

Do you know what a contradiction is?

A contradiction is where there are two opposing claims, wher both cannot be true. If one is true, the other must be false, or both are false, but both cannot be true. - - - - -
One of your huge problems is that folks here very well recognize the big contradiction between your espoused values and the values you are living before our eyes in print. Your logic is so faulty that you don't decipher the huge contradiction you represent. All of the damning evidence of that, which continually appears in your posts, is simply icing on the fake cake.

You have zero knowledge of my preferences and abilities, and certainly misrepresent such things continuously. That is the mark of a weak poseur - exercising the free will you are loathe to admit. Sad case.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The Joe Rogan Experience

podcast #2008

Interview with Stephen C. Meyer

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an [bleep] - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Imagine that a young man and a young woman want to get married. They love each other dearly, and part of their desire is to have children with whom they can share their love. They realize that those children, being human, will someday make mistakes and possibly even turn on their parents. Yet, does this awareness hold the man and woman back from getting married and having children? Probably not. Their love, in a sense, is so powerful that they are willing to take the chance of bringing children into the world, even if the kids turn out far from perfect."

Edward McIlmail, LC

Difference being that the couple wouldn't be willing to lock their children in the garage and set them on fire for not believing an extraordinary claim that they had no evidence for - or would they?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/q...ays/5d6adf34-27b4-4a83-878f-40a5317ff185

That is horrific.... Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil...are you a demon? seems like you demons are getting stronger...

It was Christians in that article who killed their child due to their batshitery.
Yes, that is what the aussie news depicted....other papers in aussieland describe that religion as a CULT....Police said the cult was made up of three families, including other children. Cult members describe themselves as "The Saints"......and I say again, Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil.....so, are you a demon?

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Atheists sometimes have to talk to the theists on their terms to show the absurdity of it all, that's why we mention gods.

Theists claim to know all about their gods while they can't demonstrate the truth to any of it, and so there's endless versions because anything goes. Unfalsifiability is a fantasizer's wank material.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I see a different in atheistic types. There is the scientific type who thinks little of religion and religions and tends to view everything in terms of material evolution. They don’t get their emotions involved even though they view themselves as possessing superior knowledge.

Then, there is the type that presents itself in this and like threads. Emotional, inconsistent, a projection of knowing about religious beliefs yet displaying ignorance. My impression of this type is that they have had a bad experience with religion somewhere along the way and, try as they may, can never fully escape the pull.

Extremely well said....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Atheists sometimes have to talk to the theists on their terms to show the absurdity of it all, that's why we mention gods.

Theists claim to know all about their gods while they can't demonstrate the truth to any of it, and so there's endless versions because anything goes. Unfalsifiability is a fantasizer's wank material.

Not true.....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an [bleep] - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Imagine that a young man and a young woman want to get married. They love each other dearly, and part of their desire is to have children with whom they can share their love. They realize that those children, being human, will someday make mistakes and possibly even turn on their parents. Yet, does this awareness hold the man and woman back from getting married and having children? Probably not. Their love, in a sense, is so powerful that they are willing to take the chance of bringing children into the world, even if the kids turn out far from perfect."

Edward McIlmail, LC

Difference being that the couple wouldn't be willing to lock their children in the garage and set them on fire for not believing an extraordinary claim that they had no evidence for - or would they?

That is horrific.... Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil...are you a demon? seems like you demons are getting stronger...

It was Christians in that article who killed their child due to their batshitery.
Yes, that is what the aussie news depicted....other papers in aussieland describe that religion as a CULT....Police said the cult was made up of three families, including other children. Cult members describe themselves as "The Saints"......and I say again, Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil.....so, are you a demon?

Christianity is a cult.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Edward McIlmail, LC

The difference between a religion and a cult is its size and general acceptance: Consensus Reality.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Edward McIlmail, LC

The difference between a religion and a cult is its size and general acceptance: Consensus Reality.

Many experts, including Philosophy professor Sam Fleischacker, argue that the main difference here is that a religion has lasted for generations, namely more than 100 years. Cults, on the other hand, don't last long because they self-destruct or engage in unhealthy practices that limit their membership over time. A Cult Is a Social Movement.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Edward McIlmail, LC

Christianity is a cult.
The main characteristic is that cults reject the basic beliefs of the Christian faith–beliefs that Christians have held in common for almost 2,000 years. Instead, they say they alone have a full understanding of the truth about God, and the only way to know the truth is to be part of their group. Many cults have their own writings also, which they either substitute for the Bible or add to the Bible.

So, are you a demon?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lost my wallet 3 weeks ago

Said a prayer

Damm thing turned up the next day

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 70 of 91 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 90 91

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 260Remguy, 1234, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 1,811 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.