Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I had a colonoscopy done 5 years ago and had hemorrhoids ever since. If your yearly or bi yearly PSA test numbers are good why get a colonoscopy? Another cash cow for the medical industry.

High PSA is indicative of prostate issues but is only rarely associated with colon issues.

Does colon cancer raise PSA levels?

However, in rare instances, non-prostatic malignancies have also been associated with raised serum PSA values. We have encountered a patient with increased serum PSA concentration measured by monoclonal antibody assay who had no evidence of prostatic malignant involvement, but suffered from colon cancer.

As has been mentioned earlier. Colon cancer almost always, if not always, develops from polyps. No polyps, no cancer.

I use the colonoscopy to remove polyps just like I have the Dr remove any lesions on the back of my hands before they turn into carcinoma.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"pooter" - that word made me chuckle, don't think I have ever heard that...

I had my first one last year. Two small bottles of 4oz prep done ~8 hours apart, stuff is called CLENPIQ. So much easier than chugging a gallon of the stuff you are drinking. Best of luck!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A colonoscopy is just not a big deal. I get one every 5 years. The prep isn't a ton of fun, but it has gotten a lot better, doesn't take long and you do get some quality, quiet time to yourself.

Harry
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My wife has driven me home from the last 3 routine scopes I've had done. Apparently I think I'm a comedian when I'm coming out of sedation. After my first scope, at Landstuhl Regional Med Center, I was teasing the attractive young lady recovering in the bed next to mine about her farts. She was very embarrassed when she would hear the adjacent waiting room erupt in laughter that I had caused. My poor wife was summoned to take me away.

The last one was performed in my local county hospital. I worked at the ER in the same hospital. My wife told me I asked the doctor what happened to the watch he was wearing. From time to time in the ER, the same gastro doc would come see a patient we were seeing. The first time I asked him for the time he looked at his watch and I asked him if he found it or if it was new. He didn't seem to be humored. Another time, I told him I hadn't been late for work since the scope. He still wasn't amused. I sometimes wonder how many times he's been asked about his watch.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alternative to the Shaman schedule:

1) Begin holding your nose and start drinking that concoction at 12pm instead 1700. You’ll probably be purged and empty by 8-9pm and thus still get a good night’s sleep. Its better than imitating The Thinker at 2am. (Note: some peoples’ gut is slower to catch on than others and if starting at 1700, some might
be enjoying the rumbles all night long).

2). Follow all the other directions.

And don’t put it off.

IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Friend of mine was killed by a colonoscopy. They perforated an intestine and she internally bled to death in her home 5 days later.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tip for 1st timers;

After your arse becomes raw from wiping, you'll learn to have the shower running, after round 1 or 2 !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Tip for 1st timers;

After your arse becomes raw from wiping, you'll learn to have the shower running, after round 1 or 2 !

Or you can just get some Destin, or Vaseline, start using it liberally prior to the first event and after every subsequent one. Works great

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aloe vera baby wipes.

Just spend the money, cheapskates!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's show time. I've got the first tumbler of 3 in front of me. Wish me luck guys.

Don't expect a play-by-play.

I'll try and catch y'all in the morning.

[img]
[/img]

Last edited by shaman; 08/10/23.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B3

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The old pre-bottled mess was really nasty...No idea who came up with the idea for that flavor. This last time, with the water mix was not too bad tasting, but had to drink the gallon in two doses. With as much water as you can drink....geez. How about if I just blow up.
The looking up the old address was not so much, as I was out for the count, Got a good report, they found nothing. So I am on the long term, 7-10 year rotation.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Aloe vera baby wipes.

Just spend the money, cheapskates!

We're on septic, can't flush 'em !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You can put the baby wipes in the trash. No different than how you handle diapers. They do work.

My dad had colon cancer, which he survived. They caught it early. Because of that they started me at 40 and I've gotten one every 5-6 years since. I'm now 65 so I've had several. Either they are getting better, or I'm just used to it.

They used to advise drinking nothing but the gallon of fluid they prescribed. But now they say it is OK to drink other fluids with it as long as they don't have certain color dyes in them. I never minded drinking the solution. it was the aftertaste that made me want to puke. Now I drink a big swig and chase it with clear Gatorade.

I liked breaking it up. I used to reach a point where I simply couldn't get in the last quart in one setting. Now I drink about 3 quarts and go to bed. Get up at about 4AM and quickly finish it off and go back to bed. I usually schedule mine for 8-9AM.

Propofol is the best thing they ever came up with. I was wide awake during my 1st one. Whatever they gave me had no effect at all. Did not like. The next few I was completely out all day and foggy the next day. They have used Propofol the last 2 times, and it is great. You are out like turning off a switch and when they bring you out you are wide awake and alert within minutes. And feel like you got the best 10 hours of sleep in your life even though it was probably closer to 30 minutes.

I understand why Michael Jackson liked it. He was having his Doc give it to him to get restful sleep. Doc wasn't paying attention and gave him too much and didn't stay with him and monitor him when he died.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am sure everyone on this forum was dieing to hear about the hose and camera shoved up your ass.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had two to date and am I ever happy I did. Sound asleep both times with ZERO side effects and only a 45-minute procedure. The hardest part was drinking that swill to evacuate my colon pre-surgery.

I asked my Doctor to schedule me for 1 when I was 59 because a friend of mine was diagnosed with colon cancer when he was only 42, which almost killed him.

After his cancer ordeal that included chemo and removing 4 feet of his colon and almost dying, he ended up having to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life at 42. He had a major incident after killing an elk on his farm. He was by himself hanging the elk in his barn and somehow he ripped off the bag in the process, he told me it became another life-threatening situation.

They found 4 polyps on my first go-around a 1 on the second. They were benign, but who knows what would have happened left alone.

My humble advice to everyone is to get your colon looked at after you are 55, better safe than sorry and having to wear one of them bags for the rest of your life.

KB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you start eating clean 2-3 days before the liquid day, it's not a big deal with the prep. Stuff your gut with everything you can eat before the prep day and you will pay accordingly. Most people stuff their gut like they will die of starvation.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I am sure everyone on this forum was dieing to hear about the hose and camera shoved up your ass.

I don't know about you but I was on the edge of my seat.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I don't know about you but I was on the edge of my seat.....

LOL. Me to, I was about to bust a gut.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 48 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,805
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.