Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Gary, as always is right on, been a woodworker for 40+ years, it "could be done " a couple different ways, unless you find some one that would do it for fun, it could be very expensive, I don't any more ( 82yrs old ) the golden years are not so kind. Ken

GB1

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Not that far behind you Ken. Care to quantify "very expensive"?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’d say Turnbull is very expensive, Jeff would be less, and he’s a great guy. I know that wasn’t very helpful. Jeff is a good guy and he would not be looking to retire on the one project.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I did submit the form for a quote from Turnbull. Jeff and I have communicated also.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Traded a couple of messages with Turnbull and based on the photo alone they wouldn't commit. They requested that the stock alone be sent to them for evaluation.

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
My buddy has decided to sell this rifle as neither he nor his son are gun guys. As this forum has been helpful to us in finding out more about this piece we thought it only fair to give Savage 99 collectors on this forum the first opportunity to make an offer on it if they wish. I have not yet put my hands on this rifle but will be doing so in a couple of weeks. If there is interest and you would like specific questions or areas inspected I would be happy to do that.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by rtscatpack
My buddy has decided to sell this rifle as neither he nor his son are gun guys. As this forum has been helpful to us in finding out more about this piece we thought it only fair to give Savage 99 collectors on this forum the first opportunity to make an offer on it if they wish. I have not yet put my hands on this rifle but will be doing so in a couple of weeks. If there is interest and you would like specific questions or areas inspected I would be happy to do that.

I would be interested if it’s available. Can you private message me?

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Apparently I am unable to send a private message as I am new to this forum. I think I have to get to 25 posts before I can send one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You do have the option of filling out your profile completely and add contact information

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Well I guess I was wrong about 25 as I am now over that and still can't send a PM.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rtscatpack
Offering the rifle here is a generous gesture. And you will get a good result without auction overhead.

Get the rifle, get some pictures and overcome the communication barriers and you'll be in business.

As LBK mentioned, you can include some contact info in your profile without broadcasting it to the inter-world.

Good luck!

Last edited by Southern_WI_Savage; 08/25/23.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I would prefer to use the private message route rather than posting my contact information if possible.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1936M71, 10Glocks, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.