Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by hotsoup
I hope dicks goes broke. I haven't darkened their door since they quit selling ARs. Piss on em.
AMEN BROTHER, dick's ain't scdt !!

"not too grumpy"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Didn't Dicks own a hunting and fishing store chain for a while. I remember going in one just north of Pittsburg, area called Cranberry, and another in Charlottesville VA but for the life of me I cannot remember the name.
You’re thinking of Field & Stream. They opened one in Altoona PA in 2014.
After Dicks refused to sell semiautos and ammunition, the same outfit opened a bunch of F&S alover NY, PA and MD.
I had a couple friends in the Altoona store. They had good deals on some things. I bought a Shield 9mm and a Ruger AR5.56,there, and some reloading stuff.
At their Grand Opening they had pallets of those Remington Golden Bullet buckets of .22 LR.
You recall how hard it was to find rimfire ammo at that time?
One of my friends said they had an agreement with Remington. They sold those 1400 round buckets at $60.00 at the opening I bought 2 and Penny got 2.
Later them buckets showed up at flea markets at $75 and I believe Grice had them at that price too, supposedly with the F&S stickers on them!
But anyway, F8S sold those ARs and things that like hotcakes, while hypocritical Dicks wouldn’t. And while they’re selling them under a second name, they were lobbying for stricter gun laws! Can you imagine that level of hypocrisy? mad
When they quit selling ARs , my friends both walked out. I stopped in once to give my rewards card to a manager and told them I’d never spend another Nickel there.
Shortly after that they announced that they had destroyed 5 million dollars worth of AR platform rifles. Bullschit. NOBODY takes a 5 million loss for virtu signaling, but evidently the new target shoppers of yuppie hikers and soccer moms did.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Down $4.60 per share on the open. Paul: you might want to jump in.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think I will put every asset I have into Dick's at this point. Hell, I may take a second mortgage out and put that money into it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Those cucks don’t even sell rifle cases . I think they have Yeti though. Don’t worry .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not going to boycott Dicks. They've always sucked and I've never bought anything from them. They don't deserve my anger.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ours even stopped selling fishing stuff, cant even go in and buy some line or rubber worms in a pinch.

I've gone in a little since my sons started golfing. pretty good proshop at the one by the house. Had a driver cut down and regripped for maybe 20 bucks. Nowhere else around my parts that do this.

Last edited by killerv; 08/23/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hastings
Mr. Paul: The stock holders lost 1/4 of their money today. Well over 2 billion dollars. Down $35.51 today, regained 51 cents in the after market.

That's why I think now is the time to buy. Perhaps give it another day or two to see if it finds a deeper bottom. Dick's long term performance has been solid. It'll rebound.
Down another $2.08 per share in the pre market 2 minutes ago. It will eventually bump up a little like Sears did in the beginning of their demise.

They are in trouble and are blaming it on theft but I bet it goes deeper than that.
Good for them. They are controlled by democrats and either way, its their own fault. Pissed off their major customer base when they went anti-gun and keep throwing money to the dems who love crime and chaos everywhere. Fugg em. I can only hope they end up buried

Last edited by gunchamp; 08/23/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by killerv
Ours even stopped selling fishing stuff, cant even go in and buy some line or rubber worms in a pinch.

I've gone in a little since my sons started golfing. pretty good proshop at the one by the house. Had a driver cut down and regripped for maybe 20 bucks. Nowhere else around my parts that do this.
So, you like dicks.

Sorry couldn’t resist. 😁

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Dick's and Field and Stream, can eat s hit and die. They have nothing you can't get elsewhere!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the Field & Stream stores still open anywhere? The Altoona F&S switched to Sportsmans Warehouse a couple years ago or more.
I stop every time I’m in the area, always got my eyes peeled for primers and other reloading components.
I never did care for Dick’s even before they got woke. Their guns and ammo weren’t any cheaper than the LGS anyway, and the locals call me by name when I stop. It’s nice to have a personal connection, and we all believe in the Second Amendment as a personal liberty, something Dicks and F&S never seemed to believe.
When I first started dating Penny, factory 150 grains in .308 were really hard to find.
I roll my own, but she wanted Remington Corelocks and on a hunch we stopped at Dicks in Altoona.
By stroke of luck they had some, and she bought 2 boxes.
What happened next made me never wanna go back!
She had to produce some form of ID with citizenship to complete the sale! mad
WTF??? Anyplace else, you paid cash and walked out the door with your amino!
Like I said though, when F&S went in, I was pretty hopeful they’d do well, because at first they were well stocked with ammo and reloading supplies. It’s nice to be able to buy stuff locally with cash, my preferred method of buying that kind of stuff.
I have no doubt that big brother has a big database tracking who’s buying what.
But after about six months their selection started drying up, and more and more shelves were converted to yuppie outdoor clothing, shoes and camping supplies.
I spoke yo the store manager about it. I had seen this very same thing happen in Johnstown when Gander Mountain came in. They forced the LGSes out of business, then The selection dried up! mad
It took me a while to learn what we all shouldv known all along.
You’re way better off in the long run dealing with the people that know you!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Years ago I did good shopping at Dick's on Black Friday sales. Still have a few shotguns and 100's of rounds of military surplus 00 buckshot I bought there. I don't see a reason to go back if they don't sell ammo or guns.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image]

Did you click my link from yesterday?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good news Paul, Dick's is up 0.48% on the pre market this morning and is only down 25.56% for the week. Might be your buying opportunity.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RAM: Another of my personal boycotts that seems to be working and getting the attention of the dimwits running those boycotted entities.
My n.f.l. boycott is not doing as well.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I went into a Dicks one time. Just one time!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys have nailed it. Dick's, whiich started (like LL Bean) as a hunting/fishing outlet has become an apparel store, with a few sports related balls thrown in (baseball, soccer, basketball, football. The place for moms to buy uniforms and shoes for the kids, a Little League baseball bat or soccor cones. The founders of both stores are rolling in their graves.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by DonFischer
I went into a Dicks one time. Just one time!

Back in college during your "experimental" phase?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot
I have not been in the local one since they quit selling guns and ammo. Couldn't care less if they go the way of Bud Light.

Same.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 44mc, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,847
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.