Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it. You need at least a section to get LOP. Dream on.

Last edited by DLSguide; 09/03/23.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Huh...could be. Good to know.
I know a few vets that (at least used to) trade veterinary work on cattle/horses for landowner deer tags. I am guessing that would be considered 'marketing'. I know another that would sell his, but maybe that is all past tense now..
But the IDFG also has to prove you sold it. That proof could be very hard to get.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DLSguide
If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it. You need at least a section to get LOP. Dream on.
I always ask how much and then make up my mind if I'm wiling to spend that much or is it worth it to me. Nothing wrong with asking how much my friend, I worked hard for my money.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Huh...could be. Good to know.
I know a few vets that (at least used to) trade veterinary work on cattle/horses for landowner deer tags. I am guessing that would be considered 'marketing'. I know another that would sell his, but maybe that is all past tense now..
I think the tags are given for "free", but you pay for "access" in many cases...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by tzone
Unless you're going to win the lotto or have s-ton of money, you're better off to buy a home on a small chunk of land, or even in town and become a resident. You have millions of acres of public land to hunt.

In MN or WI we have millions of acres of public land but you can also hunt on 40-200 acres and have resident deer. You don't really have that out west. Hell, many places out there you can see 600 acres from one spot. Many areas in MN and WI you can't see 100 yards.
600 acres? That's less than 1 square mile. Where I've got my elk the last 3 years, you can stand on any low hill and see 100 square miles. Granted, you won't make much money as a logger in this area. There's no market for sagebrush.

That’s exactly my point.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I was contacted just yesterday about buying a piece of property adjacent to where I elk hunt. It’s only 130 acres but it’s the right 130 acres. Has a steady population of both elk and mule deer. To the point where that property has a small number of landowner tags for both.

130 acres priced at six million dollars. Dear Lord…

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Lots of folks have no idea what the right piece of property can hold , even 100 acres.
6 mil, holy cow !!!

Some 35 acre parcels up here that could and do hold elk at certain times of the year, split up ranches that allow hunting on community parts of the property with your lot. It's a zoo next door though on one of them.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Theeck
Thanks and please keep the ideas coming. .

OK, how about this one?

Keep your money and dole it out occasionally on outfitted hunts in good territory . For what 100 acres anywhere would cost you, you could hunt Chama or Sonora a couple dozen times....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
130 acres For 6 million is rip off.
Seen much better deals!!
Here is what I’m talking about
https://www.land.com/property/7570-acres-in-Wheeler-County-Oregon/17632877/

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ingwe

OK, how about this one?

Keep your money and dole it out occasionally on outfitted hunts in good territory . For what 100 acres anywhere would cost you, you could hunt Chama or Sonora a couple dozen times....

This is how I run.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by ingwe

OK, how about this one?

This is how I run.

Except in 15 years you won't have any equity. If you bought land, not only would you have your initial investment, you'd likely have doubled it, if not tripled it. AND you'd still have been able to hunt. You don't need 100's of acres just 5 or 10 that abuts USFS or BLM. Use the balance to put up a small cabin and hunting there becomes extremely convenient.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I was contacted just yesterday about buying a piece of property adjacent to where I elk hunt. It’s only 130 acres but it’s the right 130 acres. Has a steady population of both elk and mule deer. To the point where that property has a small number of landowner tags for both.

130 acres priced at six million dollars. Dear Lord…

Did you jump on it?

Camp is where you make it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1941USMC, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.