Campfire Regular
D
This is a joke, right?

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I grew up rural. Moved to a city where I spent the majority of my life. Moved back to rural 6 years ago.

It was a mistake to spend the bulk of my life in a city. This is where I belong.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I grew up rural. Moved to a city where I spent the majority of my life. Moved back to rural 6 years ago.

It was a mistake to spend the bulk of my life in a city. This is where I belong.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The study is another where they cherry pick, and manipulate data. It doesn't consider drug overdoses as suicide. Put that in the studies and the study flip flops.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I grew up in the rural south nearest neighbors about 1/2 mile thru the woods. Everyone knew one another kids all rode the same bus K-12. We all hunted the same areas. No one ever stole anything and everyone helped one another, but everyone also minded their own business and stayed to themselves mostly.

I live in a rural area now nearest neighbors are a mile away.
I also work all over the US and sometimes have to stay in large cities like Houston etc. there is no comparison. A person would have to be a complete retard to voluntarily live in a city of any size.

Unless your a moron, think about how many of your problems are self inflicted and how many are because of some idiot around you. I can say when I’m home I am problem free. I can go months without any issues at all. One day in a city or town of any size and your bombarded by stupidity. I say it all the time you want problems add people.

Think about anywhere you’ve ever been and if something went wrong or you had a bad time what caused it? Freakin stupid people.

And if your one of the ones that think otherwise your probably the idiot that caused issues for someone else.

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by ahmadus
I'm on the same page with the study findings – it's clear that living in a rural area can pose challenges for mental health support. Access to resources and assistance can be limited, which is a concern.

Pussy. Bolshi-pussy I might add.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Who remembers Old Remus' site?

"Avoid crowds."

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a convert to rural. When KYHillChick met me, I was wearing 3 piece suits and driving a Buick Regal. In fairly short order, I'd traded the Regal for a pickup truck, acquired a collection of quilted shirts and drove the roads with a dog hanging out every window.

What I can tell you is that mental health problems run rampant in poor rural areas. The government's answer to it is to hand out anti-depressants along with the welfare checks. The other thing I noticed hanging out where 'HillChick grew up was that very few who tried to leave her county ever stayed gone. She was one of the few. Most either never left or left and came back.

Living in a big city takes a certain type. My Grandpa Whitey was the first and only of his clan to make it off the farm. My Dad had 10 years of life on the farm growing up and never went back to it after the Army. If you'd ask them, they'd say I was nuts for moving to a farm, but I've got a bunch of reasons. Just being able to pi$$ off the front porch with nobody complaining is reason enough for me.

The permanent move is now on, now that Mom just passed. She was the only thing keeping me in town. Truth is, if I stay out at the farm alone too long I get a bit squirrely, but its the loneliness and confinement of being stuck in a hunting cabin with no one to talk to. If I have folks around me, I'm fine. A trip into town to shop groceries usually gets me back to normal.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
I'm a convert to rural. When KYHillChick met me, I was wearing 3 piece suits and driving a Buick Regal. In fairly short order, I'd traded the Regal for a pickup truck, acquired a collection of quilted shirts and drove the roads with a dog hanging out every window.

What I can tell you is that mental health problems run rampant in poor rural areas. The government's answer to it is to hand out anti-depressants along with the welfare checks. The other thing I noticed hanging out where 'HillChick grew up was that very few who tried to leave her county ever stayed gone. She was one of the few. Most either never left or left and came back.

Living in a big city takes a certain type. My Grandpa Whitey was the first and only of his clan to make it off the farm. My Dad had 10 years of life on the farm growing up and never went back to it after the Army. If you'd ask them, they'd say I was nuts for moving to a farm, but I've got a bunch of reasons. Just being able to pi$$ off the front porch with nobody complaining is reason enough for me.

The permanent move is now on, now that Mom just passed. She was the only thing keeping me in town. Truth is, if I stay out at the farm alone too long I get a bit squirrely, but it's the loneliness and confinement of being stuck in a hunting cabin with no one to talk to. If I have folks around me, I'm fine. A trip into town to shop groceries usually gets me back to normal.

You look and behave like a retard.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."
Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bullshit!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ahmadouche
I'm on the same page with the study findings – it's clear that living in a rural area can pose challenges for mental health support. Access to resources and assistance can be limited, which is a concern.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The OP must live in the bush because he is a retard.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've lived in the Country my whole life. I have inlaws that live in the city. They don't like coming here {I'm real good with that}. They say there's nothing to do and it's boring. I don't like going there because there's nothing to do, it's boring, it's noisy, it smells bad and there's too much traffic. All those dipshyts do for fun is shopping, go to movies and go out to eat. They think I'm a neanderthal because I hunt and fish. They are some fuucked up crazy communists.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've lived in the Country my whole life. I have inlaws that live in the city. They don't like coming here {I'm real good with that}. They say there's nothing to do and it's boring. I don't like going there because there's nothing to do, it's boring, it's noisy, it smells bad and there's too much traffic. All those dipshyts do for fun is shopping, go to movies and go out to eat. They think I'm a neanderthal because I hunt and fish. They are some fuucked up crazy communists.

I'd love to see this idiot's version of "rural."

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by devnull
This is a joke, right?
The joke is responding to the trolling OP. But it is hard for many to resist. Haha.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd love to see this idiot's version of "rural."

LOL
^^^^^^^^^^
I'd love to see this idiot being lowered into the ground in a box. What I'd do on his grave wouldn't pass for flowers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Tag

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have always lived on a ranch, never have had any desire to live in a town or city of any size, sometimes it's inconvenient to have to drive over a hour to get to town,with a little planning it's not bad. I enjoy the Birds and Critters in my yard being able to hunt and shoot anywhere I choose.-----Rio7

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"God Made The Country, And Man Made The Town" William Cowper

A nonsensical douche that posts something like this has Mental Health issues. He backs a Dictator who was never elected.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,487
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.