Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have a hummingbird feeder on my deck that is visited by more than hummingbirds. This is a Downy Woodpecker who has come for a drink, but some wasps don't want her there. The video is slowed so you can see the wasps. The woodpecker shoos a couple away and continues to feed.

The video (and the wasps) are easier to see if you open it up to full page. It starts at about 15 sec in. The first wasp appears at 6 o'clock, buzzes her, but she pokes it away with her beak. It tries buzzing her again at about 40 secs, so she reaches over the feeder and pokes it away a second time.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I should know better than to expect anything interesting or of substance from your attention whoring posts but I didn’t realize that YOU posted this video, which sucks. It was terrible quality, boring and nothing happened.

What possesses you to be such a dumbshit all the time?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I should know better than to expect anything interesting or of substance from your attention whoring posts but I didn’t realize that YOU posted this video, which sucks. It was terrible quality, boring and nothing happened.

What possesses you to be such a dumbshit all the time?

Who cares? If you're not interested, shut your trap and go away.

Come to think of it, I don't see anything "interesting or of substance" in your reply and you seem to be "attention whoring" as well.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fu.ck off. I didn’t ask your opinion son. You’re a triple vaxxed nut so FOAD.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got anymore video's grin

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 673
Got anymore video's grin

😂

My patience with dipshit Steve and his sycophantic elderly followers is pretty thin but my patience with attention whores is even thinner.

Steve was pretty full of herself when her hero Prime minister Sparkles was shutting everything down and ruining lives but now she’s just a senile dumbfuck posting stupid crap so her sewing circle can golf clap…..GMAFB! 🖕

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Fu.ck off. I didn’t ask your opinion son. You’re a triple vaxxed nut so FOAD.

Why, you're just overflowing with substance, aren't you? <--- That was sarcasm for your sake given your slowness of wit.

I see you're topping up on the attention level yourself which is the very same thing you accuse others of doing. If you can't stand the OP's posts as much as you so loudly claim, why are you on the CDN page following his posts? Why not just ignore him? It's that easy for most, but not you for some reason.

A two bit troll is all you are and the only reason you are here.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I volunteer to help set up and take down at a small local fall fair. One of the less desirable tasks is sorting, counting and bagging of the empty beer cans for recycling. Normally, we are joined by hundreds of wasps but this year not a single one was to be found. Maybe they prefer Steve’s feeders.

PS, when you finish sorting the stale beer cans the last thing you want is a nice cold one.

Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I volunteer to help set up and take down at a small local fall fair. One of the less desirable tasks is sorting, counting and bagging of the empty beer cans for recycling. Normally, we are joined by hundreds of wasps but this year not a single one was to be found. Maybe they prefer Steve’s feeders.

PS, when you finish sorting the stale beer cans the last thing you want is a nice cold one.

Nick

I guess something in the hummingbird mix ferments just like beer. I read that you aren’t supposed to use pure sugar because it can injure or kill the bird.

When I cleaned the feeder a few weeks ago, I could smell something brewing. The feeder is in the shade, but it’s warm.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My patience with dumbfucks that want to pretend they’re one of “us” while the real truth is far more sinister has reached a crescendo. Steve can distract the window lickers with stupid, boring and poor quality videos but I remember when he wanted to forcibly vaccinate those that refused. Steve told us that we didn’t care about our neighbors if we didn’t get vaxxed. He supported the enemy and HE chose his team.

I won’t forget and I don’t GAF if anyone approves! Your vaccination status is all I need to know but luckily we have far far more background on Steve’s intentions.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Aces,

You are a boring F U C K I NG dipshit.

All your posts are waste of time.

Interesting video Steve.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks. What I thought was interesting was her poking the wasps away with little concern over being stung. This same bird is there all the time as are 10 to 15 wasps. I found out that many woodpeckers eat wasps, so I guess she wasn't wary of their stingers.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.