Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh and we did piss off a Seal team once. They train here at Ft Knox on the Salt river with their river craft and the MOUT site in Mount Eden. We had a group of students doing a recon mission run right through their ops. They were pissed. We regrouped the students, had them do an about face, and hauled ass away.
They live fire along the Salt River quite a bit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7
LOL
The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY??? C'mon man, seriously?
He probably gives five of them free hunts each year. And follows the Texas rule of “multiply by six” LOL
Please think, guys - think ! Blue has no reason to lie - to anyone, about anything - and particlarly to the lesser experienced and the loudmouths. If you would like to understand how has happened, try asking. For you to push the ridicule might be self-embarrasing.
(later added Rooster, tzone, BigDave, hatari, etc.)
What?

Just noticed that Ed stepped up and explained some of the why and how of the "30". All well and good.

Reasonable doubt is one thing and that is good - riducule based on ignorance is another.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Only ever knew one. He was a bad ass and nucking futs crazy. Absolutely fearless. He did a few tours in Vietnam and didn’t talk about it - unless he was drunk. He once told me about being assigned to capture a NVC General. He snuck into the guy’s house at night and got him; then swam back across the river with him in tow. I asked him how the hell he managed the swim with a struggling prisoner. His answer - oh, he didn’t struggle at all! 😬

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 09/11/23.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dodgefan
My platoon in 3rd ACR had the only 2 enlisted 19Deltas with Ranger tabs I ever saw. I got a bullet point on my NCOER because they both worked for me when the went to Ranger School.

I would say the minority of the officers had a tab, maybe 25%.

I was a 19D with a Ranger Tab. Went as a E7. We had quite a few 19D’s in the 82nd go through. We also had a guy (SSG) get both the Ranger tab and Sapper tab.
Son got his tab as a CPT in the medical support branch, and he is now a MAJ in USASOC.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Worked with one after he got out.
Knew his stuff. Was a buddy of Val Kilmer.
He worked with Val’s dad……
Another guy that was a SEAL and then an instructor for SEALs taught my daughter to shoot in California
Very nice guy.

Why didn't you teach your daughter to shoot?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Back in the early 80s selected Navy SEALs went to Army service schools. I was in one school with a couple of them. For the first week they would only talk to the SF guys but after that they lightened up some. They had some stories.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was in Armored Cav for all of my Regular Army time (8 years). Airborne, Air Assault and Ranger for Enlisted were pretty much a pipe dream.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've posted before about a good friend of mine of 33 years, another writer, who was a Navy SEAL, Vietnam service. He died 2½ years ago, stomach cancer, a result of Agent Orange. I asked him about the BUD/S training and he told me how rough it was. He said, however, he had an edge on the other "tadpoles" because he was born and raised in Los Angeles. He began swimming, then surfing, and SCUBA diving in the Pacific Ocean at a very early age, so he was used to the really cold water. The other "tadpoles" were not and the cold water was a contributing cause of many of them either quitting or being dropped.

I know another SEAL who is now retired but had in 21 years. I ran into a young man at the gym who was writing up contracts there where he worked. He told me he'd been a Navy SEAL but had had to quit because of a really screwed up knee. There was something about hm that just did not ring quite legitimate to me, so I e-mailed the SEAL i knew who was stationed at that time at the SEAL base in Little Creek, Virginia. I told him the guy's name and his claim, and I wondered if he'd actually been a SEAL??

My friend E-mailed me and said to give him a couple of days and he'd get back to me. He did later and in his e-mail he stated, "The young man has not been forthcoming with you. He was in BUD/S for several weeks, but was DFP, Dropped For Performance. "

The next time I was at the gym, he was gone. Never saw him again.

So it goes.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing
KSMITH lives 60 miles from me...

Never met him...

I thought he was coming to kick your ass? He didn’t show? Who wouldda guessed?

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A friend of mine has gotten close with a group of seals that train at a huge place he has access to in South Georgia. He routinely sends me pictures of pigs he has shot using some of their crazy night vision stuff. Not standard stuff any of us can buy, but real battle tested equipment

I’ve got a much smaller piece of property the same friend hunts some and he brought one of the seal guys with him one day. Guy was in his late 20s not real tall and very lean/wiry. Had hearing aids due to being too close to blasts without ear pro in combat. They went back on the property to put up a stand and my buddy said the seal climbed the tree like a monkey to set the stand. The guy was very humble

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

Never met him...

Deployed. Commissary. You're supposed to tip him once he gets your bags in the truck - they work for tips.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tzone

Never met him...

I have lots of nut-swingers...

None ever show.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Sad part is Laura usually has warm cookies waiting...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not only do I know a bunch but 4 of them came to my retirement ceremony in 2014. I was a member of Riverine Squadron One and we worked with both SEALs and SWCC.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
C
C
My nephew is an active seal, always tells my his mom he’s training in Germany and Norway. His dad was 101st airborne.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Yep. I know a couple. Dove hunting with one and the boy could handle a shotgun 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When my son was in the Navy i met several and they were all good guys.

The good ones don't like to tell everyone what they have done or do.

I would trust them because i know them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by RIO7
I know about 30 active and retired Seals, they are good people with many and varied talents Most are good family men. Rio7

LOL

The OP asks thousands of people on this board if they have even known a SEAL in their lifetime....and you come up with THIRTY???

C'mon man, seriously?

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Rio hosts hunts on his extensive ranch for disabled vets amongst others.

If true, I apologize for giving you schidt, Rio.

And I also commend you for doing that for our vets.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I worked for an old man that was UDT in the Pacific was wounded at Okinawa. He swam at Iwo Jima, Tinion and Okinawa. Kamakazi sunk his ship at Okinawa. One of the finest men I've known, I was proud to call him a friend.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know one... was in Vietnam... He has a picture of his graduating class (buds) on the wall in his living room. Does not really talk about it much or make a big deal of it. Overall a great guy who would help you if you needed it.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.