Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Should I start taking my own vaseline when I fill up, or will the gas stations provide it?

They will use Tobassco as lube.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fixed income threads are my favorite threads.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don’t understand all the lies and truths about oil production, but everyone has been saying since day one Biteme has been selling off our oil storage that we have to have full for war or economic shutdown, how are we going to get this full again if the price doesn’t go up for all these oil men to reinvest billions to fire up all this old broke down rigs that are being dug out of scrap yards??? I have said on here they are finally drilling again on private land, and there are no rigs, pads are rocked and waiting for the few that are running, if you live in oil country you no things get a lot cheaper quickly when new people and business come back in, it’s called competition, Drill baby Drill

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Crude inventories down
Gasoline inventories down
Distillate inventories down
Refinery output is normal
US crude production is up

Wonder why the price is going up? Ask Wall Street, they see these numbers too.
Hmmmn?

if output is "normal" and production is "up", where is the "up" part going?

Is crude stored???

I'd assume the inventories are down due to higher demand???

Yessir, demand is up for gasoline, distillates, and jet fuel.

thanks JG,

but what about the upswing in crude production?

Where's it going? Straight to the refineries and out the gate? But "output is normal", wouldn't that mean a surplus somewhere?

Oil consumption follows economic activity. We’re doing better than expected in the US, but the Europeans are stagnating and China and much of Asia are shrinking.

That what the Saudis are reacting to. World wide demand. Nobody believes anything Russia says about their oil production, but the Saudis have some credibility. They see the writing on the wall and want to stay ahead of the drop in demand.

They aren’t interested in giving up market share to the US.

I agree, but the Saudi's have been playing this game for decades. They "cut" production, the market (Wall St/traders/hedge funds) reacts, the Saudi's cheat and actually don't lower production and make a whole crapload of extra money. This is why I've been saying for years......he who owns the oil, rules, period.

We produce as much oil as the Saudi’s, there’s a lot of people here that happily go with the Saudi narrative, wink, wink, nod, nod, and raise the price, ‘cause, well, SHORTAGE, haven’t you heard?

As far as the strategic oil reserve, it’s called the Permian and the Bakken fields. We’d have all the strategic oil reserves for decades if our refineries were reconfigured to be able to use that oil.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gas jumped up from 3.13 3.35 around various stations here today.
To pretty much 3.55 across the board all over town.

20 to 40 cents in one day increase.

Honk for Joey.....

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
BP CEO, Looney resigns suddenly amid disclosure of sexual relationships with colleagues.

WSJ

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The biggest oil deficit since 2007 is soon expected to hit due to the cut back by Saudi Arabia and Russia.

Business Insider

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree, but the Saudi's have been playing this game for decades. They "cut" production, the market (Wall St/traders/hedge funds) reacts, the Saudi's cheat and actually don't lower production and make a whole crapload of extra money. This is why I've been saying for years......he who owns the oil, rules, period.

We produce as much oil as the Saudi’s, there’s a lot of people here that happily go with the Saudi narrative, wink, wink, nod, nod, and raise the price, ‘cause, well, SHORTAGE, haven’t you heard?

As far as the strategic oil reserve, it’s called the Permian and the Bakken fields. We’d have all the strategic oil reserves for decades if our refineries were reconfigured to be able to use that oil.

I live in the Permian, so I understand it pretty well. The entire world takes notice of what the Saudi's are doing, not what's going on in the Permian. They can fart in the wrong direction and get a monetary reaction around the world. Just the way it is.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If you need tires, get 'em now.

They all go up next month.

And the guy that asked about petroleum jelly (Vaseline). Stock up on that too, if your price conscious...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just yesterday!!!

Diesel - $4.099/gal
Non-ethanol gas - $4.399/gal

OPEC is cutting production.
ergo, prices going up!

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It’s on its way up. And the industry is laying down rigs.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by chesterwy
It’s on its way up. And the industry is laying down rigs.
Gee, I wonder why? Could the policies of the current administration have anything to do with supply which greatly affects price. Just sitting her in the Permian and wondering. Elections have consequences. You are now witnessing the results of the 2020 election. Those that forget are condemned to repeat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Time to raise rents and the labor rate again.
Property taxes went up quite a bit too.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by fburgtx
https://www.texasstandard.org/stori...ussia-saudi-arabia-agree-cut-production/

Russia and Saudi cutting production til end of year.
Brandon will have no option than to touch the oil reserve.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by brownpapabear

I had understood Brandon said that he would refill the reserves when oil got down into the $70s which it did for a while. Did he?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My hunting buddy is the ultimate Welder. The group he's working for builds oil production equipment, NOT drilling equipment.
He works 12 hour days M-F and 1/2 day on Sat and they can’t keep up with demand.
They can't get people to work who will actually work.
The people that WILL work aren't bilingual and nearly impossible to work with unless YOU are.
Out of necessity, he has had to learned enough Tex-Mex to get a helper to actually assist him.

The petroleum is out there, Let's Go Brandon is either selling it overseas or refilling the oil reserves.
Doubt seriously he's refilling the oil reserve.
Also remember, he's the one who released all our oil reserves to China! 😖

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Houston_2
BP CEO, Looney resigns suddenly amid disclosure of sexual relationships with colleagues.

WSJ

Again, are you assuming nobody else follows the news? Any other original thoughts from you?

How about consumers cannot hide from run away inflation . . . mainly due to the piss poor leadership of our Country, the very leadership fools like you voted for! Go away Toot.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by brownpapabear

What good will that do? It's already at it's lowest point in like 40 years.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I live in the Permian, so I understand it pretty well. The entire world takes notice of what the Saudi's are doing, not what's going on in the Permian. They can fart in the wrong direction and get a monetary reaction around the world. Just the way it is.

Eldest worked in the Permian for a while.
As I understand it, with all the newest drilling technology and the capability to go deeper than ever, they have discovered another formation even deeper, larger and more productive below the Permian Basin.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

Eldest worked in the Permian for a while.
As I understand it, with all the newest drilling technology and the capability to go deeper than ever, they have discovered another formation even deeper, larger and more productive below the Permian Basin.

Same in East Texas concerning the Austin Chalk.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (300_savage, 35, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 44automag, 7 invisible), 792 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,387
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.