Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just spent two weeks in Namibia and want to share some observations.

-This was my 8th trip to Namibia. Have also been/hunted in 4 other countries (Zim, Mozambique, RSA, and Tanzania). I like Namibia the best as it's clean, safe/stabile, and lots of good hunting and tourist opportunities. Hunted with Omatjete Safaris (Hagen and Birget Eggert). Happens that I bought their SCI auction offering. Requested a cull shoot as I simply do not want to jump thru the hoops of importing trophies. Our experience was first rate with lots of trigger time.

-Took my youngest son as his older brother got to go ~12 years ago.

-Flew via Qatar Airlines business class. At ~71 years old and three replaced joints I simply can't do 'cattle class' anymore. WOW! A bit pricey but worthwhile; great service, comfortable, and loved the lounge access that gave us the chance to private shower and such at airports. DOHA airport was incredible!

-Besides the shooting we also did some tourist things; Did a day trip to Etosha National Park and saw the entire inventory of game in their natural habitat except lions. Very worthwhile!

- Went to Swakupmund/Walvis Bay. Had great meals and went on a terrific dune tour with Kuiseb Delta Adventures. It focused on 2000+ year old San ('Bushman') artifacts under the dunes but was also quite the ATV dune experience. Highly recommend this.

-In Windhoek we stayed at Sonneneck Guesthouse. They do 'meet and greets' at the airport and have very nice accommodations with a nice breakfast. Recommend them if you need to overnight in Windhoek. Loni Krafft, the proprietor, took us to a nearby Chinese restaurant where we got to ~party with some `red Chinese guys that were real party animals.

-Didn't take any rifles with me (used the very satisfactory rifles that Omatjete Safaris have on hand). First couple trips I took my rifles. It's up to you on this. Just be advised that travel with firearms adds on another level of PIA.

-GO ON A PLAINS GAME HUNT IN AFRICA! RSA or Namibia it's the best 'bang for your buck' in all of hunting. I prefer the European plan of daily rates plus trophy fees rather than package plans as I believe you get better quality trophies.

PM me if you have any questions.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like an awesome trip. Congratulations!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
MWN Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand at the ready to do violence on their behalf.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.