Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RiverRider
In my opinion, it is bicyclists who need an attitude adjustment. What I have seen in my locale over the last decade reminds me of those who consider themselves privileged to take whatever they want from everyone else.

I was travelling US 156 between Justin and Ponder one afternoon when I came upon a slew of bicyclists headed the same direction. The speed limit is 60 mph through that stretch. The bicyclists had about TEN FEET of marked shoulder to use as they please, easily riding three abreast without encroaching on the roadway. Yet when I was passing a pack of them one of these ASSHOLES swung out into the roadway in front of me to try to force me to slow me down to 10 mph like they were making. That got the ASSHOLE nothing but a finger salute, but I can imagine someone wanting to ventilate his ass or accidentally knock him off that bike. He'd have deserved it.

Bicyclists do not pay the taxes to build and maintain roads. Motorists do.

Are you saying they came off of the shoulder into your lane as you were passing? That's odd. Most bicyclists on road bikes don't like to hit the rumble strips.

Obviously most of us never see the "perfect" bicyclists you hang out with. My ex father in law, the county sheriff had enough of the asswipes and had his deputies start issuing tickets for obstructing the roadway to the the jerks. And what do you know haven't seen a troop of them azzholes in our area for 3 years. Outfuckingstanding!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 257Bob
The inconsiderate idiots I have to deal with on a regular basis (disclaimer, I've bought five bikes from my local shop, gave up road riding 'cause it's too dangerous and didn't want to be associated with these dipshits).

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
What is inconsiderate about that? The fact that a bicyclist is on the road, that they are on that road as a group or that they are two abreast?

Are you mentally challenged? The speed limit on that no shoulder road is certainly at least 35mph. If those self centered azzholes are making 7mph I would be surprised.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I start seeing [bleep] bicyclists come to complete stops at stop signs and traffic lights and signal their intentions when turning and staying somewhere to the side of the road. I MIGHT start to give a [bleep].
We just moved into a rural area and about 3 months ago I was driving g down a road that is 55 miles an hour. The intersection I was coming up on had stop signs for cross traffic. NUMB NUTS NORMAN on his [bleep] mobile BLEW thru the intersection. This intersection is not WIDE OPEN. As a motor vehicle once you stop there you have to inch forward to see if any vehicles are coming. But no stopping for NNN. If I had been there 5 seconds sooner. I would have to live for the rest of my life with killing a DUMBFUCK who thinks he owns the road and doesn't have to obey traffic laws. I ride bike occasionally and you bet your ass I always stop and always signal. I believe that MAYBE 20% of bicyclists obey traffic laws. The rest are pieces of entitled [bleep]!!!

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Just because you, Paul---a sample of ONE---exercise some common sense and courtesy that does not absolve all the inconsiderate dipshits out there who think it's okay to obstruct major thoroughfares. Bicycles are not equipped with halos for the riders to wear (but some riders do end up with one, no doubt).

As far as the tax thing goes, I'm sure many bicyclists own motor vehicles as well and pay taxes used on road construction and maintenance but that does not give them the right to use the road any way they please any more than I can use the road as a two hundred yard shooting range. Roads are for motor vehicle traffic. If they add bicycle lanes to them, fine and dandy. If you want to ride on a 55 mph highway, that's fine as well as long as you are courteous...I'll be courteous as well. Your rights end where mine begin.

Laws come and laws go...they get changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Getting turned into a greasy spot on a major thoroughfare for being a dumbass is permanent.

So you're ok with running over someone on a bicycle and killing them because they are on YOUR road and you own a CAR. You didn't happen to be with two young car thieves earlier in the week did you? If you weren't it sounds like you would have liked to have been .

You need a snickers bar....just sayin...

I must be weird or something, when I see a bike , tractor, kids walking, horse and rider, or whatever is in the road that all tax paying Americans pay for I just figure out how I'm gonna safely pass. I figure they have as much right as I do to be there. I feel strange for feeling this way but it is what it is.

Where and how in all hell did you come up with that???

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just because you, Paul---a sample of ONE---exercise some common sense and courtesy that does not absolve all the inconsiderate dipshits out there who think it's okay to obstruct major thoroughfares. Bicycles are not equipped with halos for the riders to wear (but some riders do end up with one, no doubt).

As far as the tax thing goes, I'm sure many bicyclists own motor vehicles as well and pay taxes used on road construction and maintenance but that does not give them the right to use the road any way they please any more than I can use the road as a two hundred yard shooting range. Roads are for motor vehicle traffic. If they add bicycle lanes to them, fine and dandy. If you want to ride on a 55 mph highway, that's fine as well as long as you are courteous...I'll be courteous as well. Your rights end where mine begin.

Laws come and laws go...they get changed, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. Getting turned into a greasy spot on a major thoroughfare for being a dumbass is permanent.

So you're ok with running over someone on a bicycle and killing them because they are on YOUR road and you own a CAR. You didn't happen to be with two young car thieves earlier in the week did you? If you weren't it sounds like you would have liked to have been .

I must be weird or something, when I see a bike , tractor, kids walking, horse and rider, or whatever is in the road that all tax paying Americans pay for I just figure out how I'm gonna safely pass. I figure they have as much right as I do to be there. I feel strange for feeling this way but it is what it is.

He must be a Biden voter.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
The inconsiderate idiots I have to deal with on a regular basis (disclaimer, I've bought five bikes from my local shop, gave up road riding 'cause it's too dangerous and didn't want to be associated with these dipshits).

What is inconsiderate about that? The fact that a bicyclist is on the road, that they are on that road as a group or that they are two abreast?

Are you mentally challenged? The speed limit on that no shoulder road is certainly at least 35mph. If those self centered azzholes are making 7mph I would be surprised.

I'm so mentally challenged that I believe that it takes less time and distance to go around slow moving vehicles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you not know the meaning of the double yellow stripe, Paul?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you not see that the the riders in the middle of the lane are telling all the people in motorized vehicles to fuck off because they are bicyclists and can do whatever the fuck they want?

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
When I start seeing [bleep] bicyclists come to complete stops at stop signs and traffic lights and signal their intentions when turning and staying somewhere to the side of the road. I MIGHT start to give a [bleep].
We just moved into a rural area and about 3 months ago I was driving g down a road that is 55 miles an hour. The intersection I was coming up on had stop signs for cross traffic. NUMB NUTS NORMAN on his [bleep] mobile BLEW thru the intersection. This intersection is not WIDE OPEN. As a motor vehicle once you stop there you have to inch forward to see if any vehicles are coming. But no stopping for NNN. If I had been there 5 seconds sooner. I would have to live for the rest of my life with killing a DUMBFUCK who thinks he owns the road and doesn't have to obey traffic laws. I ride bike occasionally and you bet your ass I always stop and always signal. I believe that MAYBE 20% of bicyclists obey traffic laws. The rest are pieces of entitled [bleep]!!!

Dillonbuck, this is one of those times when the members get an education and a dose of reality. While I am happy to toss the bait in the water, I am kind enough to patiently educate.

Any counter to the following will be met with what amounts to a "nuh-uh" Members needn't feel bad though, liberals do it when the substance of their arguments start running thin.

I don't know any driver who ALWAYS goes the speed limit, ALWAYS signals lane changes and turns and ALWAYS comes to a complete stop at stop signs and red lights. Why do motorists hold bicyclists to a standard that they don't hold themselves to?

Bicyclists and motorists break the law at about the same rate. When bicyclists do it, they do it for reasons of safety. When motorists do it, they do it because their hurry is important to them. Who poses the greater risk to others when they break the law?

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/08/06/bikers-drivers-break-law/#:~:text=Well%2C%20as%20it%20turns%20out,%2C%E2%80%9D%20reported%20PRI.org.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlto...sts-break-law-to-save-lives-finds-study/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Paul, where I live, Tallahassee, FL, our biking community has the attitude of "we have the right so F'you". I'm happy to share the road but many of our roads are canopied with limited visibility and two or three abreast with little regard for the line of motorist in their wake. Some of the larger group riders are openly hostile to motorist and will completely block the road making passing impossible. Just because you have the right doesn't always make it ok. I tried to get around this bunch, I came head on with a Mustang GT, I locked brakes and managed to tuck behind the riders narrowly avoiding a head on collision. A little courtesy from our biking community would go a long way.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do you not know the meaning of the double yellow stripe, Paul?

Can we let 257Bob answer the questions? If he doesn't, I'll try to fill in the blanks and address the picture the best I can.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Paul, where I live, Tallahassee, FL, our biking community has the attitude of "we have the right so F'you". I'm happy to share the road but many of our roads are canopied with limited visibility and two or three abreast with little regard for the line of motorist in their wake. Some of the larger group riders are openly hostile to motorist and will completely block the road making passing impossible. Just because you have the right doesn't always make it ok. I tried to get around this bunch, I came head on with a Mustang GT, I locked brakes and managed to tuck behind the riders narrowly avoiding a head on collision. A little courtesy from our biking community would go a long way.

That's just too much to ask.

Don't be the darkness.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I'm so mentally challenged that I believe that it takes less time and distance to go around slow moving vehicles.

So the no passing lines mean nothing to you?

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Marshhawk

Dillonbuck, this is one of those times when the members get an education and a dose of reality. While I am happy to toss the bait in the water, I am kind enough to patiently educate.

Any counter to the following will be met with what amounts to a "nuh-uh" Members needn't feel bad though, liberals do it when the substance of their arguments start running thin.

I don't know any driver who ALWAYS goes the speed limit, ALWAYS signals lane changes and turns and ALWAYS comes to a complete stop at stop signs and red lights. Why do motorists hold bicyclists to a standard that they don't hold themselves to?

Bicyclists and motorists break the law at about the same rate. When bicyclists do it, they do it for reasons of safety. When motorists do it, they do it because their hurry is important to them. Who poses the greater risk to others when they break the law?

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/08/06/bikers-drivers-break-law/#:~:text=Well%2C%20as%20it%20turns%20out,%2C%E2%80%9D%20reported%20PRI.org.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlto...sts-break-law-to-save-lives-finds-study/

Ha Ha Ha what a liar, that is so much BS! I find bicyclists to be virtually suicidal in their non use of traffic laws. Especially stop signs. I think a 10 mph minimum speed limit would shut a lot of the stupid crap down.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm still waiting for a response to this. Come on Fuckwit6555...explain. Show us some sophisticated logic and reasoning.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Still a lot of blanks to fill in and you didn't answer the question that I asked.

What courtesy do you want from this group?

I'll guess that your problem with these riders is that they are not in single file. On this road, if the riders maintain a reasonable distance from the right edge, say 2 feet, passing motorists will have to enter the oncoming lane in order to pass at the state minimum 3 feet.

Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

If you have to enter the oncoming lane to pass them, then you'll be able to pass them more quickly if they are side by side.

Watch this quick video then tell me whether or not you agree or disagree with that assessment.

Now we are back to what courtesy you expect from them.

Now just a an FYI. It appears those riders are going up a bit of a hill. Riders don't typically stand to pedal on flat ground. That spells slow speed. Speed at which passing them would take less time and distance.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[quote=PaulBarnard]

Ha Ha Ha what a liar, that is so much BS! I find bicyclists to be virtually suicidal in their non use of traffic laws. Especially stop signs. I think a 10 mph minimum speed limit would shut a lot of the stupid crap down.

Holy fugk, am I good at this or what?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Still a lot of blanks to fill in and you didn't answer the question that I asked.

What courtesy do you want from this group?

I'll guess that your problem with these riders is that they are not in single file. On this road, if the riders maintain a reasonable distance from the right edge, say 2 feet, passing motorists will have to enter the oncoming lane in order to pass at the state minimum 3 feet.

Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

If you have to enter the oncoming lane to pass them, then you'll be able to pass them more quickly if they are side by side.

Watch this quick video then tell me whether or not you agree or disagree with that assessment.

Now we are back to what courtesy you expect from them.

Now just a an FYI. It appears those riders are going up a bit of a hill. Riders don't typically stand to pedal on flat ground. That spells slow speed. Speed at which passing them would take less time and distance.

Against the law here in Utah:

• Ride no more than two abreast and then only if you would not impede traffic (41-6a-1105).

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
Against the law here in Utah:

• Ride no more than two abreast and then only if you would not impede traffic (41-6a-1105).

Why would the motorist taking the pic want them single file?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

315 members (17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 264mag, 28 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.