-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i saw one drinkin' a Pina' Colada At Trader Vics... His hair was perfect!...

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
“I saw Lon Chaney…Aaahoooo werewolves of London!!”

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I saw one on a leash in a local Walmart at 1:00 AM the night of Welfare check day. The lady walking it was uglier than the Chupacabra......come to think about it, it might have been her kid.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I might be mistaken, probably am, but I always thought a chupacabra was a coati mundi, sometimes called a ring tail cat. They live in bunches in trees kinda like monkeys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
I might be mistaken, probably am, but I always thought a chupacabra was a coati mundi, sometimes called a ring tail cat. They live in bunches in trees kinda like monkeys.

Oh please n i g g a.

Last edited by Fireball2; 09/30/23.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What. You mean like a chupacabra burrito
Seems like it would be kinda gamey

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Killed one behind my house about 12 or so years ago, 65-70 yard shot with a Romanian AKM.

Lost the pic in a phone upgrade. They couldn't transfer my pics from a flip phone to a smart phone.

A did that poor 'yote a favor. Damnedest case of the mange I've ever seen.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Once upon a time on another outdoor site there was a thread on “your spirit animal”. I read a few of the posts and with eyes rolling decided to have a little fun.

Looks like I pretty much ended up entertaining myself but it was worth it. I posted that my “spirit animal” was half Chupacapra and half Jackalope.I just need to come up with a drawing of what that would look like.

I think that the comment got one like so at least one guy other than me had a sense of humor. I had and have a hard time believing that grown men would believe in “spirit animals”.

Last edited by IZH27; 10/01/23.
G
G
Five years ago I had left the Farm for a bit and driving back in, saw a white patch out in the pasture near the Gate. Went out with a Buzzard already perched on a fence post nearby. It was one of my Billy Goats and he had been emasculated, yes castrated. I got him back in the Barn as he was in in shock. I called a good friend and asked him what he thought it might be. He opined probably dogs. Well no such critters around the place. I then looked across at the fence line and there was a Coyote. Went in and got my CZ 17 HMR and steadied the rifle on my PU in the carport. Lazed at 117 yards, I aimed for a center lung shot. He whirled at the shot running back along the fence line. He did a "Half Gainer" straight up in the air, dying on the spot. I had hit him a little lower than I had aimed, and drilled him thru the heart. The 17 HMR will do the job, and drops a bit after 100 yards. My "Chupacabra" "Goat Sucker" story. I'll try posting a picture later, can't find all my passwords for that right now.The Goat survived the encounter with a bit of that cool Blue Wound Sealer compound.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I had to Google...

Never seen one.

Too cold in the Virginia I reckon.

Good eating?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

G
G
https://i.imgur.com/96DGOkM.jpg

My Cupacabra with my CZ 17 HNR

Last edited by GrizzlyOne; 10/01/23.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
Once upon a time on another outdoor site there was a thread on “your spirit animal”. I read a few of the posts and with eyes rolling decided to have a little fun.

Looks like I pretty much ended up entertaining myself but it was worth it. I posted that my “spirit animal” was half Chupacapra and half Jackalope.I just need to come up with a drawing of what that would look like.

I think that the comment got one like so at least one guy other than me had a sense of humor. I had and have a hard time believing that grown men would believe in “spirit animals”.

Oh ho...I see you haven't perused the clown thread.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes - and clearly some folks have not spent heavy time outdoors in the SW - thus the question. Often encountered here in SE Arizona and once experienced, never forgotten. However, reports that the meat is good eating are false. The nastiest critters also tend to taste nasty.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As I think about this, I can understand how the coati mundi could contribute to the legend of the chupacabra. If you have never seen a bunch of them it is an experience. They are noisy and agile. Live in groups of usually ten to twenty and you will usually hear them before you see them. Imagine twenty squirrels in a tree chattering as you pass by. Kind of a cross between a raccoon and a house cat. It is kind of an eerie feeling. Don’t know how else to describe it. They can be hard on domestic chickens but they don’t usually live in close proximity to people.

There are some things you do not eat. Chupacabras are one of them. Unless you are making Chinese food. Chinese might eat them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy next door to me is married to one.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here y’all go. Knock yourselves out…..

https://archive.org/details/artbellshows

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No.

μολὼν λαβέ
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
As I think about this, I can understand how the coati mundi could contribute to the legend of the chupacabra. If you have never seen a bunch of them it is an experience. They are noisy and agile. Live in groups of usually ten to twenty and you will usually hear them before you see them. Imagine twenty squirrels in a tree chattering as you pass by. Kind of a cross between a raccoon and a house cat. It is kind of an eerie feeling. Don’t know how else to describe it. They can be hard on domestic chickens but they don’t usually live in close proximity to people.

I am not sure how that relates to a mythical creature called "Sucker of Goats", claimed to be responsible for scores of goats suffering exsanguination. A legend originally out of Puerto Rico where, as far as I can determine, the coatimundi does not exist.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I am not sure how that relates to a mythical creature called "Sucker of Goats", claimed to be responsible for scores of goats suffering exsanguination. A legend originally out of Puerto Rico where, as far as I can determine, the coatimundi does not exist.
Locals describe it as a blood sucking dervish - two adjacent points of penetration of flesh.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Superstitious Latinos watched the new movie Species. Slum dogs killed some goats and chickens. Two and two together equals an alien blood sucking monster.

The people that think mangy coyotes are some kind of undocumented cryptid are simply mouth breathing morons.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.