Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Of course Helena has the worst overall crime rate in the state but Sams Country up in Wolf Point rings in first place for violent crime.

[Linked Image from discoveringmontana.com]

Wolf Point is one of Montana’s lesser-known towns, aside from the fact that it plays host to the oldest rodeo in the state. The majority of visitors to the town come for the rodeo, but there is an unfortunate downside to this.

Visitors and travelers are often unaware that the town has one of the highest violent crime rates in the entire state, and even worse, much of this is often directed towards strangers.

When you consider that the population is less than 3,000-strong, it is a little worrying to find 26 violent crimes occurring in a year. It may not sound that high but statistically, it is around 900 per 1000 people per capita.

The good news is that property crime rates are significantly lower, with Wolf Point registering only the 13th highest in the state for property-related issues that have also dwindled somewhat in the last decade.

Havre has been ranked 4th and 5th in various listings for violent crime rates in Montana, and has something like a total crime rate of 680 per 100,000 residents. The people who live in the city generally believe the northwest region of the city to be about the safest, while in other areas there is around a 5% chance of being a theft or arson victim. Residents tend to not live near recreational areas as crime rates are higher around them when people visit.

The good news is that Havre is currently ranked number 6 for violent crime, indicating that there has been a large drop in rates over the last decade or so. (Flaves Departure?)

The Flathead don't even come close to measuring up with the top crime ridden locations in Montana.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JeffA
Of course Helena has the worst overall crime rate in the state but Sams Country up in Wolf Point rings in first place for violent crime.

[Linked Image from discoveringmontana.com]

Wolf Point is one of Montana’s lesser-known towns, aside from the fact that it plays host to the oldest rodeo in the state. The majority of visitors to the town come for the rodeo, but there is an unfortunate downside to this.

Visitors and travelers are often unaware that the town has one of the highest violent crime rates in the entire state, and even worse, much of this is often directed towards strangers.

When you consider that the population is less than 3,000-strong, it is a little worrying to find 26 violent crimes occurring in a year. It may not sound that high but statistically, it is around 900 per 1000 people per capita.

The good news is that property crime rates are significantly lower, with Wolf Point registering only the 13th highest in the state for property-related issues that have also dwindled somewhat in the last decade.

Havre has been ranked 4th and 5th in various listings for violent crime rates in Montana, and has something like a total crime rate of 680 per 100,000 residents. The people who live in the city generally believe the northwest region of the city to be about the safest, while in other areas there is around a 5% chance of being a theft or arson victim. Residents tend to not live near recreational areas as crime rates are higher around them when people visit.

The good news is that Havre is currently ranked number 6 for violent crime, indicating that there has been a large drop in rates over the last decade or so. (Flaves Departure?)

The Flathead don't even come close to measuring up with the top crime ridden locations in Montana.
Have you or do you live in the Flathead or Havre? I lived in the Flathead for 30+ years moved to Havre 1.5 ago not even in the race with the Flatehead.
Theres a reason local long time resident people are leaving the Flathead. Obviously you believe everything you read. Spend a little bit of time in the Flathead then tell me.
I bet you believed the article and T.V program few years ago that the Browning reservation was a top 10 destination for tourists too LMAO

Last edited by sherm_61; 10/06/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess the crazy a$$ will stay in the slammer for a good while.
Humm, I wonder, if he will be in there 12 years.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What that article is including i guarantee you is the reservations that are close to here, there's 2 within 20 miles of Havre which have alot of crime just like most in Montana. Google Havre shootings then Kalispell and compare.
Havre has a population of 12,000 so compare shootings in Kalispell% to Havre as far as im heard and know of 1 shooting in 2021 and 1 in 2022.

Last edited by sherm_61; 10/06/23.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Retirement package

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
Trying to get that math to pencil out. And what does "...per 1000 people per capita." mean?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Crime statistics are on par with COVID statistics.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see Busse's campaign manager Buzzy just had to check in with the communist view. I just have to wonder what the heck Garry wasn't thinking when he lost his mind. As I noted before, I grew up with the Seaman boys and this sort of thing isn't computable. He pulled a crime and is now going to get the punishment -- he's got the assets so both victims are not fully adrift and there's a tiny bit of justice. But I still can't wrap my head around it all.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by sherm_61
No big deal shootings are just a daily accurance in the Flathead anymore.

The Flathead has always been a neo nazi, skinhead, racist and far right wing "haven".

Had some nazi propaganda under the windshield wipers of work truck one day out there by a typical right winger up that way. Saw that [bleep] stapled to trees on the forest, telephone poles, kiosks.

It's surprising there is so much crime, drug use, etc up that way, said nobody, ever.

LOL

NPR has checked in.

Buzz the Bitch still struggling.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Flathead has long been associated with both ends of the political whackjobs....there are skinheads groups there as well as total dirt bag liberal enviro whackjobs, especially in Kalispell and Glacier themselves. It is surprising to me that the Reservation itself is really nice. Most certainly among the cleanest and best run reservations I have been around.

Libby itself? I one time considered paying for a motel there via meth as opposed to a CC.
That place can be as rough as Browning...

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (3dtestify, 320090T, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 257_X_50, 17 invisible), 1,219 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,939
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.