Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Mac is right. If Bigfoot had existed, one of the old time hunters like Ben Lilly would have bagged several of them.

Not to mention the millions of trail cameras posted ALL Over AMERICA. And still not one REAL photo. Not one.

Exactly

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimZ
Originally Posted by JeffA
So many seem quick to deny the existence of something they know little or nothing about.

It's not as if they claim for it to have been seen walking on water or rising from the dead.

They are just out there layin' low and doing the stuff that they do.

LOL, I would suggest to you there is a very good reason we know little or nothing about them......

Exactly...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
A few years back, an otherwise fit and competent loop hiker and climber type tried to exit the "ptarmigan traverse" in washington by walking down a drainage eastward and trying to link up with a mapped valley bottom side trail branching from the Pacific Crest Trail. Whatever trail may have existed was gone, and he spent the better part of the day traveling about a half mile an hour and exfiltrating out to the PCT at dark. Beaver dams, swamp, 8ft devil's club, alder, nightmare. This was on the drier "east" side of the cascade divide.

Folks who've been dumb enough to shoot something on the far side of such a creek bottom, or want to climb a peak in the neighborhood, spend as little time as possible in these places, crossing the creeks at right angles and climbing to open forest or treeline.

I'm not sure anyone who's not been there, can comprehend just how thick/impenetrable these places are. And they are everywhere. Now project that northward along the BC coast range. Limitless, untouched and unseen country.

The historical incentive to explore these places was gold prospecting, and it's likely that a lot of these creeks were walked on nearly their entire length. It's not as if there's a lack of "stories" about bigfoot from that time period.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Is that the guy Flave delivered beer to?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm
See what I mean? "Geno was here" scratched into a tree everywhere I went!
Nah, I'm a naturalist.

I just pee on scheidt to leave my mark, like the dog I am

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
"Your wife is a bigfoot Gus. You shaved the bitch down and taught her to speak. WTF does goonie goo goo mean?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The truth is that Bigfoot exist only to those that want to believe. No different than Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny…
If there is no Easter Bunny then where do all of those colored plastic eggs come from?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As to Bigfoots existence, The only plausible explantation I can remotely accept is they are aliens who visit occasionally and come and go at their leisure. That would explain the lack of dead bodies and other evidence that is lacking.
Remember, just because they look ape like doesn't mean they could not of evolved beyond us.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground.

I don't think so. I live in the Sierras and have spent loads of time all over the area and I doubt very much there are parts of here that no White man has touched. If that were the case we wouldn't be arguing over reintroduction of bears and wolves and lions because they'd never have been hunted out.

And as far as this particular Bigfoot, it was in the backyard of these guys so I expect it was one of them. They dress up in Bigfoot costumes at RV shows so they probably have a closet full of them.

This is a good thread though. It has opened my eyes to how dear Bigfoot is in the hearts of many users here, what with the outpouring of emotion and the like. Really deeply thought out heartfelt arguments for their existence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Is that the guy Flave delivered beer to?

Maybe, way back last Sobertober.

But that video is far too revealing and emotional for the shallow, superficial posters here to understand.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.

Because someone "walked" there at one point in time doesn't mean that Bigfoot doesn't exist. What if it was hiding from that person that walked there at one point in time or what if it was a mile away from where someone walked at one point in time?

Hunters have walked past way more than one smart old buck that was bedded a few feet away.

I really lean on the side of skeptical that they exist even with all the reported encounters but saying something doesn't exist because a human walked through it's habitat is not much of an argument.

For me, it was eye opening when I flew in a plane over the Rockies for the first time at 35,000 feet. We humans are mere spec's on this planet.

Rooster,
Fair enough, friend.
But the line you highlighted was my response directed at an earlier post in this thread roughly stating that 'there are unlimited tracts of the PNW that no person of European decent has ever visited.'

Anyway. I've found skeletons of grizzly and moose (WY) but never a Sassy. That dead cat pic was something else too.
Carry on...

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are still, as unbelievable as it is to some, areas of the Mountain West that have never had a (European) footprint touch that ground.

I don't think so. I live in the Sierras and have spent loads of time all over the area and I doubt very much there are parts of here that no White man has touched. If that were the case we wouldn't be arguing over reintroduction of bears and wolves and lions because they'd never have been hunted out.

And as far as this particular Bigfoot, it was in the backyard of these guys so I expect it was one of them. They dress up in Bigfoot costumes at RV shows so they probably have a closet full of them.

This is a good thread though. It has opened my eyes to how dear Bigfoot is in the hearts of many users here, what with the outpouring of emotion and the like. Really deeply thought out heartfelt arguments for their existence.

Bingo!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
For the record Santa Claus is real. He drives a late 90's Chevy and I've got photographic proof.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by justin10mm
For the record Santa Claus is real. He drives a late 90's Chevy and I've got photographic proof.
shovels snow in shorts too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
See what I mean? "Geno was here" scratched into a tree everywhere I went!
Nah, I'm a naturalist.

I just pee on scheidt to leave my mark, like the dog I am

Was kidding, of course. Hell, there aren't any trees up there anyway, as you know!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Surveyors, prospectors, timber cruisers, rockhounds, hunters of every type- cats, bears, elk, sheep, deer, mushrooms, birds, etc, fur trappers, thru-hikers, Rock scramblers and mountain climbers, botanists (ever read about some of the hikes that David Douglas went on? How about that poor bugger John Day?), desperados and the men that chased them, snowmobilers, ice climbers, etc etc etc. The list is nearly endless.

As dear and important to our Western psyches as true wilderness is, I believe ALL of the PNW has been walked on. Sure there are some small pockets that are less often visited.. and even less often than that talked about by the guys that regularly hunt them, but still..

Geno, More than 40 years ago I was getting out the old 1950s topos of our beloved High Sierras and looking specifically for small lakes that had no name and no trail associated. I'd spend a couple of weeks each summer building a x-country loop trail of my own to visit these places. If *I* was doing it... Well... I'm sure it wasn't the only fella that came up with the idea.

Because someone "walked" there at one point in time doesn't mean that Bigfoot doesn't exist. What if it was hiding from that person that walked there at one point in time or what if it was a mile away from where someone walked at one point in time?

Hunters have walked past way more than one smart old buck that was bedded a few feet away.

I really lean on the side of skeptical that they exist even with all the reported encounters but saying something doesn't exist because a human walked through it's habitat is not much of an argument.

For me, it was eye opening when I flew in a plane over the Rockies for the first time at 35,000 feet. We humans are mere spec's on this planet.

Rooster,
Fair enough, friend.
But the line you highlighted was my response directed at an earlier post in this thread roughly stating that 'there are unlimited tracts of the PNW that no person of European decent has ever visited.'

Anyway. I've found skeletons of grizzly and moose (WY) but never a Sassy. That dead cat pic was something else too.
Carry on...

Gotcha. wink

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,689
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.