Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I guess anyone who's fiddled with guns for three or four decades will accumulate stuff over time, and as Andy Rooney used to say, "I know I have." I have boxes of crap all over the place and I've told myself for years "I'll just peddle that when I get around to it" and somehow it never happens. Now that I see all this stuff piled up in one place the idea of selling it off bit by bit in the classifieds is VERY unappealing.

I've looked at Numrich/Gun Parts Corp's website and their instructions on selling them your excess stuff. I wonder what a guy can expect. Has anyone here ever done that? How did it work out? I'd expect to get about a third of what it would bring on the classifieds here on 24hcf...am I being overly optimistic?

I'm really overwhelmed with all this crap and I need to do SOMETHING with it. I just don't have room for it anymore.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
No experience, but my buddy is in the same boat. He just wants to get rid of a bunch of stuff and considered Numrich.
They no longer do retail at the store. not sure you can even bring stuff there for sale.

Rich

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Last time I checked, you pack it up and ship it in. They look at your stuff and send you a check which you either accept and cash to conclude the deal, or you decline the offer and pay to have your stuff sent back to you. At least that's how it was last time I looked into it a couple of years back. I'm assuming that has not changed.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
They don’t pay much. I packed a bunch of parts for a Remington mod. 11 and got $25. They got all the internal parts plus wood, butt plate.

Last edited by Mike_S; 10/12/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
eBay is probably your best route, but it is time intensive. Seems like there are several guys on there who just liquidate parts.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
eBay is probably your best route, but it is time intensive. Seems like there are several guys on there who just liquidate parts.

LOL. Yeah, I know about the time involved. I just retired, though, and I'm not looking for another job. wink

I may just go through it all and peddle the more desirable stuff and throw the rest away...or maybe give it away, basically, asking for shipping expense only. I dunno, but I need to do something with all this crap.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Get a table at a decent sized gunshow. A while back, me & my buddy from work split the cost of 2 tables & brought all of our closet fillers. I was amazed at the amount of crap we sold the 1st day & had to dig for more at home that night to keep the table full the 2nd day. We made real $$, like $800, not counting the guns. I think the tables were $60.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Find a young man that's interested in that kind of stuff and make him a hell of a deal.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I did it once a long time ago.

The money they paid me was next to nothing.

I wish i had kept the stuff to just have so maybe one day someone would have needed a part and they could have one cheaper.

I will not do it again for sure.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
As someone who has benefited greatly from Numrich....I say please go ahead and do it.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Find a young man that's interested in that kind of stuff and make him a hell of a deal.

Not a bad way either.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Wanamaker gun show. Get a table or two.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I knew a guy who was trying to sell a bunch of broken guns to gun parts corp, and he said he was insulted at the offer they gave him

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send parts, bend over.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had all of the parts to a Marlin 336 in 30-30. They offered me $30 for it all. Don’t waste your time with them.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yeah , feel your pain , I got boxes and boxes of stuff and problem is I never labeled it .
Thinking at the time “I know what this goes too”
Years later , don’t have a clue
Sights of all sorts , springs , trigger assemblies, grips , barrels
Fugging reduculous
Kenneth

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been gifting a lot of stuff to my nephews, cases, scopes, slings and the odd firearm.

Odd ball parts go to my longtime fellow high power competitor and gunsmith or one of his apprentices.

I've decided I get more value giving stuff away than trying sell.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I sold to them probably 30 years ago. They offered me peanuts. I had them returned to me. I think I paid shipping to them and they paid shipping to me. I am not 100% sure about that but pretty sure they paid the return shipping, whatever the policy was back then. I know I sold one item out of the box and made more than their offer including my shipping cost. Easily very few pennies to the dollar, probably like 2 cents. They are good to buy from.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have bought and sold to / from them. You won't get much for your parts , especially for Marlin 30-30, but it is a way to clear your bench of old parts.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Sort stuff by manufacturer, model or category, as much as possible, and offer it here on CF classifieds in multiple separate grab bags. "One man's junk is another man's treasure."

Will get more than Numrich and will make some firearms loonies happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,477,994
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.