Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
Sort stuff by manufacturer, model or category, as much as possible, and offer it here on CF classifieds in multiple separate grab bags. "One man's junk is another man's treasure."

Will get more than Numrich and will make some firearms loonies happy.

I guess that is what I'll do. I didn't think for a minute that GPC would offer anywhere near what stuff is worth...I don't see how they could have that much money tied up in their parts stock and survive, which is perfectly understandable. I was thinking maybe 20 cents on the dollar, maybe but it sounds like it would be waaaaay less than that. I suppose that this will be a good project for the dead of winter early next year.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Have the same problem.... Need to make a trip to the dump !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can't imagine how much it would cost to go through a box of random parts, identify each one and grade them on wear/condition. So many parts out there that just a few thou of wear junkifies them. Then figure how much it costs to carry inventory that may not sell for years, it's no wonder they don't pay much.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm one of those guys that buys broken, and old guns and then sells the pieces/parts...most everyone has a gun that was their dad's or their favorite uncle's, or it has some sentimental value to it and they would like to shoot it...oldidaho gave you the easiest and most expedient route...group parts by manufacturer or by model, or just a "grab bag" of mixed parts...set them on a contrasting background and snap a few pictures...then post them up and wait for a nibble, or a big bite...if you group like themed items and have 5-10 or more together...a buyer will grab what he needs and then he can do the same with the other parts in your offering...gunbroker or ebay...those sites get the most "eyes" so they have the best chance at sales and maximum return for your effort. Just my .02

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
Sort stuff by manufacturer, model or category, as much as possible, and offer it here on CF classifieds in multiple separate grab bags. "One man's junk is another man's treasure."

Will get more than Numrich and will make some firearms loonies happy.

I guess that is what I'll do. I didn't think for a minute that GPC would offer anywhere near what stuff is worth...I don't see how they could have that much money tied up in their parts stock and survive, which is perfectly understandable. I was thinking maybe 20 cents on the dollar, maybe but it sounds like it would be waaaaay less than that. I suppose that this will be a good project for the dead of winter early next year.

You can sell a heck of a lot of stuff on this forum and the Texas hunting forum. I have.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
There was a great parts place in Rapid City. Years ago I was out there and went by I don't remember what for but they had just sold all their parts to GPC. They had all their parts in labeled bins. They said when the folks from GPC arived they took the bins and dumped all the parts in large crates and pitched the labeled bins. Sounds like a make work system.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 57 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.