Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
This is a moment of intense pain and grief for a great many people in our community and around the world. I feel that pain and grief myself.

As members of a university community, we have a choice.

We can fan the flames of division and hatred that are roiling the world.

Or we can try to be a force for something different and better.

People have asked me where we stand. So, let me be clear.

Our University rejects terrorism – that includes the barbaric atrocities perpetrated by Hamas.

Our University rejects hate—hate of Jews, hate of Muslims, hate of any group of people based on their faith, their national origin, or any aspect of their identity.

Our University rejects the harassment or intimidation of individuals based on their beliefs.

And our University embraces a commitment to free expression.

That commitment extends even to views that many of us find objectionable, even outrageous. We do not punish or sanction people for expressing such views. But that is a far cry from endorsing them.

It’s in the exercise of our freedom to speak that we reveal our characters.

And we reveal the character of our institution.

We can issue public pronouncements declaring the rightness of our own points of view and vilify those who disagree.

Or we can choose to talk and to listen with care and humility, to seek deeper understanding, and to meet one another with compassion.

We can inflame an already volatile situation on our campus.

Or we can focus our attention where it belongs on the unfolding tragedy thousands of miles away. We can ask ourselves how, as human beings, we can be helpful to people who are desperately trying to protect themselves and their families, people who are fighting to survive.

How we go forward as a community is up to each of us.

I have spent most of my career at this institution. I have seen the people of Harvard come together despite their differences.

I know that we are capable of meeting this moment—and meeting one another—with grace.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As someone in the crowd stands up and asks,…
"mr. president, what about conservatives?"
mr president,…
"phug those POS…"

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You, you mean they don't hate Believers, Patriots, Trumpsters and Q?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Plugging commie

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Our University rejects the harassment or intimidation of individuals based on their beliefs.

Horseshit.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Harvard has been a joke for 40 years (at least).

The people I meet with Harvard papers are openly mocked.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
As someone in the crowd stands up and asks,…
"mr. president, what about conservatives?"
mr president,…
"phug those POS…"

Yep, spot on.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rather lukewarm to say the least. Basically said nothing

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Harvard has been full of radical communists and racists practically advocating white genocide for a couple of decades. But step over the line in criticizing the Jews? Well, that schit has got to stop right now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Our University rejects hate" Yet, they gave a free ride scholarship to a dude who hates people who own guns.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124

Horseshit.

This ^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. President,

I remind you that actions speak ever much louder than words.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Hallmark of the Marxist/Maoist is the Lie ..

It’s especially Pernicious at the Marxist Learning Mills.

Their Little Goblin's will be taking Full Control Soon..

We’re All Going to Die ..

Boy Scout Motto

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Dutch
Mr. President,

I remind you that actions speak ever much louder than words.

Actually, it's Ms. President. This is what you get when you select a president based on affirmative action and DEI and whose last name is "Gay."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe that stupid POS should go & live next door with the Muslims & try to get along with a culture that wants to remove from the face of the earth, all non-Muslim cultures.

Meaning his life would be in danger every minute of every day.

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
As individuals the most effective way to shut up liberal horses asses is to quit giving the turds money and any other financial support for higher education that turns way to many into idiots. Too many young are sent to college today for career paths instead of trades. When you work for what you want in a career you learn the value of it. Mom and dad handing it to you is not the way to make productive citizens. Stop supporting institutions of higher learning they just piss away your contribution on developing more liberals..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That is why I did not attend Harvard.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well now that he has put it on paper, the next time the institution censors and rejects conservatives they need to hold his feet to the fire and fan the flames with this statement.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cisco1

I chose instead, to go work at a lumber yard for $4.00/hr where all my co-workers were white Scandinavians except Dolly, the deaf-mute Mexican, janitor lady.

She was a hoot. She would shuffle along all hunched over carrying her bottle of cleaner and clucked like a chicken when she walked.

The guys in hardware super glued a quarter to the floor one day. Hoo boy, Dolly was a shufflin and a cluckin around that thing in circles, trying to pick it up and put it in her pocket.

Everyone laughed and laughed.

Except me.

I thought it was mean.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I would guess the number of campfire denizens who were accepted to Harvard could be counted without having to use toes - liberal cesspool notwithstanding.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I would guess the number of campfire denizens who were accepted to Harvard could be counted without having to use toes - liberal cesspool notwithstanding.

I edited my post to clarify why I chose not to attend Harvard. I wanted a career right now!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Harvard is just the tip of the iceberg. Other than Hillsdale College, the entire university system has been systematically taken over by Marxists and their sycophants --- commonly known as Useful Idiots. It began so many years ago and just like cancer, it slowly overwhelmed the entire "body" of academia.

That Harvard president's statement is just a sop to the very wealthy contributors who made it plain that if Harvard wanted anymore of their big bucks, it would make a statement "kinda" rejecting the admiration by some students for Hamas, and hatred for Isreal.

Therefore, the Harvard president's statement. Money talks and bullshidt walks.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
1) Harvard started later than any other university giving its students all of Moose season.

2) While there are a huge number of conservative students on campus those that are there get really good funding. A lot of extremely conservative computer scientists have made sure that conservative groups have standing.

3) Administrators there generally are more conservative than other campuses. This is true even today.

4) The HUP have a firing line that they will let students use to shoot on. Got to shoot throughout university years.

5) They feed their students extremely well. Of note, an institution that feeds its students well treats its students well.

The University has changed in the last decade but the bush kids that just went through seem to say that it is still has a good basis.
Many of the big whigs in the Conservative movement in Alaska were all classmates.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Harvard has been a joke for 40 years (at least).

The people I meet with Harvard papers are openly mocked.

Ever since they allowed split-tail students...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You, you mean they don't hate Believers, Patriots, Trumpsters and Q?

Oh, NO! They hate those imbeciles and their nasty ideals and loathsome beliefs….

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
1) Harvard started later than any other university giving its students all of Moose season.

2) While there are a huge number of conservative students on campus those that are there get really good funding. A lot of extremely conservative computer scientists have made sure that conservative groups have standing.

3) Administrators there generally are more conservative than other campuses. This is true even today.

4) The HUP have a firing line that they will let students use to shoot on. Got to shoot throughout university years.

5) They feed their students extremely well. Of note, an institution that feeds its students well treats its students well.

The University has changed in the last decade but the bush kids that just went through seem to say that it is still has a good basis.
Many of the big whigs in the Conservative movement in Alaska were all classmates.
Seems nice that you had such enjoyable and positive experiences with Harvard - seems like you may be using the same delusional dope so may years later.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[/quote]
Seems nice that you had such enjoyable and positive experiences with Harvard - seems like you may be using the same delusional dope so may tears later.[/quote]

What the heck does this even mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.