Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by billy336
Nothing to rent as far as I know. Bring your own if you can.

I think I'll pack a reel, a few lures, and some terminal tackle and plan on buying a throw-away rod.
Thanks everyone.

PS: I'll be in Islamorada for a week in June, should be good dolphin then, right?

Last edited by sourmash; 10/15/07.

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Should be the middle of the dolphin run down there. I've got a buddy who guides out of there if you need a charter, let me know.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sourmash
Originally Posted by billy336
Nothing to rent as far as I know. Bring your own if you can.

I think I'll pack a reel, a few lures, and some terminal tackle and plan on buying a throw-away rod.
Thanks everyone.

PS: I'll be in Islamorada for a week in June, should be good dolphin then, right?

June is great fishing out of Islamorada. I've been out of there many times. I can give you some names/numbers for both off shore and flats fishing if you like. Tarpon are on then as well. The Cheeca lodge is great if you don't mind the price. The Hampton Inn is newer and right down the street from Bud n Marys marina. Some very good restaurants in the area as well. My favorite place in the keys out side of Bahia Honda.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Actually, I'm leading a group of scouts and their dads for a week at "Sea Base", the Scout facilty near Islamorada. The week is supposed to include back country and deep sea fishing, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, and hiking. My plan (hope) is to stay a few extra days to concentrate on just fishing.

We have good fishing here in Michigan, but my most exciting days fishing have been in salt water, and I look forward to it every chance I get.

-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That sounds pretty cool. Here is a link to a flats captain I have been out with several times.
http://www.floridakeysflats.com

I've also been out several times with Alan Starr on the Reel Quick III but it has been a few years and I don't know if he's still around. He used to dock at Bud n Mary's. The Reel Quick is a 58' Jarret Bay so the tarrif is pretty steep. If you remember the movie "The perfect storm" Alan at one time was the captain of the Andrea Gail. He was also featured on several TV fishing shows. If your interested in going out with Alan shoot me a PM and I'll forward his phone number.

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks, we'll see what the wallet looks like as the trip approaches.

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Stetson
Tony I can give you a suggestion for a little further up in Port Orange if that helps. It has been a long time since I've gone out on a "head" boat but if it will help shoot me a pm. Do you have plans to visit the IGFA head quarters and museum in Dania right next to Lauderdale? If so be sure to eat at the Islamorda fish Company. Nothing fancy just great fish at a great price.

Dave

http://www.igfa.org/mgi.asp

Hey,
I never got to go fishing, but the Grouper Portofino at Islamorada Fish Co. was absolutely excellent, and that will become a tradition in the future- like when we go to the keys in June...
T

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got back from Hawaii and I'd trade every one of them fancy dinners at the Four Seasons for a single fried yellow tail basket at the Islamorada Fish Co!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Stetson
I just got back from Hawaii and I'd trade every one of them fancy dinners at the Four Seasons for a single fried yellow tail basket at the Islamorada Fish Co!

OOooooo... we had yellowtail at "Buonasera" in Juno Beach one night that was swimming an hour or so before I ate it. Outstanding!

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 22250rem, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 52 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.