T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I mean real Glocks, not AirSoft.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another vote for a CZ something. A few years back one of the guys started a thread about what was the best hammer fired 9mm? The Browning High Power got the most votes, but the CZ 75's came in next. I like hammer fired and my CZ 75D PCR has been perfect and has never jammed even once. You won't find CZ's at a lot of places, but they are worth looking for imo.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Nothing wrong with the Glock 19x

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I agree. My nightstand gun is a 19X with a Surefire X300 light.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another vote for CZ. Mine is a CZ 75 P01 that has been gone over by CZ Custom.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If you shoot a lot using them you will find more stoppages than with standard 15 or 17 round magazines.
Another issue is Glock factory mag extensions in fully loaded magazines are not fall proof like standard mag plates. I had complete mag dump after one mag hit hard floor. The mag extension came off, spring came out and cartridges dispersed on the floor.
You could probably solve both issues by putting standard mag plate on 33 round magazine.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
See what fits your hands and feels good..... Pick a decent name.... Glock, Sig, S&W, Etc. Avoid going cheap..... practice.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
I suggest a 4" double action revolver. Not what you asked but a good choice for simplicity and safety.

Unfortunately the simplicity goes away after last round in the cylinder is fired. I find efficient, quick reload much more difficult than with with typical pistol.

IMO a striker fired pistol without a manual safety is like a S/A pistol with a little lever in the trigger face and not all have the "safety lever".

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hikerbum
See what fits your hands and feels good..... Pick a decent name.... Glock, Sig, S&W, Etc. Avoid going cheap..... practice.

A brave 👻 might be fine with <$400 TS9, 🤷.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My choice for full sized, hammer-fired, steel, home-defense 9mm is CZ 75. I have an SP 01. You have a lot of options and directions you can go though. I like revolvers too.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LMAO ! Beat me to it, TRH.

Slavek / Maser’s an Eggspurt on AirSoft “guns” and DIAPERS.

To the OP / ApolloF7 : Ignore any posts by Slavek. He’s a known dipschitt dumbass troll who’s real handle is Maser.
He’s been banned from this forum many MANY times.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JLimbo

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Same rests on my nightstand.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
My choice for full sized, hammer-fired, steel, home-defense 9mm is CZ 75. I have an SP 01. You have a lot of options and directions you can go though. I like revolvers too.

You can now buy metal-framed striker fired pistols from S&W and Walther.😱
-

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Any good reliable 9MM is going to be fine, so owner preference is what's will be important down the road. Buy what you like and you'll enjoy it more.

However, not to be a nay-sayer here----------- but the whole question and foundation for that question is misguided.

Asking what 9MM is BEST for home defense is like asking what pickup truck is BEST for road racing.
For road racing the BEST vehicle is not ANY pickup truck

The entire purpose for a handgun is carry. To be armed at all times. For home defense you need not carry and the idea that having a gun in the home in case of violent attack; it is BY FAR a better option to have a a shotgun or rifle. Ask yourself why 100% of all military's on earth issue rifles instead of handguns for infantry use.

BECAUSE RIFLES DO EVERYTHING BETTER THEN HANDGUNS OTHER THEN BEING CARRIED!

In a deployment Soldiers and Marines carry openly so rifles are the tool that works best. Handguns are only used when you can't have a rifle. And the argument that a handgun "works better" inside a room is the kind of thing you hear from those that have never been in life of death fights in their lives. It's 100%BS. The ONLY use in combat I know of where handguns were chosen over rifles was the days of tunnel-rats in Vietnam, and even then some of them preferred shotguns as their #1 weapon with the 45 pistol being #2.

I am totally in approval of having guns and I'd never talk someone out of getting the guns they like, but get them because you like them and because you enjoy shooting them. Keep in mind that any gun will do if you can do the job with that gun. But doing that specified job of defending yourself inside your own home is going to be MUCH easier to do and much more effective with a rifle over a handgun.

A dedicated military type rifle or carbine being the best tool. (ammo selection is important with rifles for such use, especially if you have neighboring homes around you) That said, if I could choose a lever action 30-30 or the finest most reliable 9MM on earth with the very best dot sight and 3 extra mags full of the best HP ammo made, I'd take the 30-30 without 1 second of time to think it over.

Inside a room a man with a rifle is about 20X more likely to make a killing hit with that rifle then a handgun and the effects of a 130 gr HP 30-30 against a human (or sub-human) enemy is so much more effective than the best 9MM Luger ammo ever made as to be like comparing a Go-Cart to a Ferrari in a speed test. If you and your loves ones lives are on the line, only hits and kills count ---and forget all about the cool factor.

When coming in 2nd place means your death or the death of a loved one, always cheat and always win. Use a rifle (or shotgun) And one more factor that's important to know ----- the idea that rifles over-pernitrate as compared to handguns is simply untrue. It's all about bullets and ammo. As an example the Vietnam issue 5.56 ball rounds do not pernitrate standard interior walls and exterior walls as deeply let alone deeper then 9MM NATO rounds. Same with many types of HP 9MM ammo. A frangible high velocity rifle round will be LESS of a problem then most pistol rounds.
To defend your life at home, use a long arm.

As we said in the Marine Corps: If you find yourself in a fair fight it's because your tactics suck!

Last edited by szihn; 10/25/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LMAO ! Beat me to it, TRH.

Slavek / Maser’s an Eggspurt on AirSoft “guns” and DIAPERS.

To the OP / ApolloF7 : Ignore any posts by Slavek. He’s a known dipschitt dumbass troll who’s real handle is Maser.
He’s been banned from this forum many MANY times.

Grandpops, I have never been banned from this forum.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by szihn
Any good reliable 9MM is going to be fine, so owner preference is what's will be important down the road. Buy what you like and you'll enjoy it more.

However, not to be a nay-sayer here----------- but the whole question and foundation for that question is misguided.

Asking what 9MM is BEST for home defense is like asking what pickup truck is BEST for road racing.
For road racing the BEST vehicle is not ANY pickup truck

The entire purpose for a handgun is carry. To be armed at all times. For home defense you need not carry and the idea that having a gun in the home in case of violent attack; it is BY FAR a better option to have a a shotgun or rifle. Ask yourself why 100% of all military's on earth issue rifles instead of handguns for infantry use.

BECAUSE RIFLES DO EVERYTHING BETTER THEN HANDGUNS OTHER THEN BEING CARRIED!

In a deployment Soldiers and Marines carry openly so rifles are the tool that works best. Handguns are only used when you can't have a rifle. And the argument that a handgun "works better" inside a room is the kind of thing you hear from those that have never been in life of death fights in their lives. It's 100%BS. The ONLY use in combat I know of where handguns were chosen over rifles was the days of tunnel-rats in Vietnam, and even then some of them preferred shotguns as their #1 weapon with the 45 pistol being #2.

I am totally in approval of having guns and I'd never talk someone out of getting the guns they like, but get them because you like them and because you enjoy shooting them. Keep in mind that any gun will do if you can do the job with that gun. But doing that specified job of defending yourself inside your own home is going to be MUCH easier to do and much more effective with a rifle over a handgun.

A dedicated military type rifle or carbine being the best tool. (ammo selection is important with rifles for such use, especially if you have neighboring homes around you) That said, if I could choose a lever action 30-30 or the finest most reliable 9MM on earth with the very best dot sight and 3 extra mags full of the best HP ammo made, I'd take the 30-30 without 1 second of time to think it over.

Inside a room a man with a rifle is about 20X more likely to make a killing hit with that rifle then a handgun and the effects of a 130 gr HP 30-30 against a human (or sub-human) enemy is so much more effective than the best 9MM Luger ammo ever made as to be like comparing a Go-Cart to a Ferrari in a speed test. If you and your loves ones lives are on the line, only hits and kills count ---and forget all about the cool factor.

When coming in 2nd place means your death or the death of a loved one, always cheat and always win. Use a rifle (or shotgun) And one more factor that's important to know ----- the idea that rifles over-pernitrate as compared to handguns is simply untrue. It's all about bullets and ammo. As an example the Vietnam issue 5.56 ball rounds do not pernitrate standard interior walls and exterior walls as deeply let alone deeper then 9MM NATO rounds. Same with many types of HP 9MM ammo. A frangible high velocity rifle round will be LESS of a problem then most pistol rounds.
To defend your life at home, use a long arm.

As we said in the Marine Corps: If you find yourself in a fair fight it's because your tactics suck!

We currently have a 12 gauge, a 30-06 and a .308, both bolt actions. The pistol will be for defense at the home really if something were to go on downstairs and I need to do something as me and my sisters are up stairs (if that makes sense). The pistol will also be taken with me for when I go hunting.

Last edited by ApolloF7; 10/25/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Relax Boomer, that just G19 slide on G17 frame.🤣 Granddaddy, newest and koolest model is G47, keep up ole' boy!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry

You can now buy metal-framed striker fired pistols from S&W and Walther.😱
-

But they weren’t my choice. Not that they couldn’t be someone else’s.

I simply stated what was mine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Relax Boomer, that just G19 slide on G17 frame.🤣 Granddaddy, newest and koolest model is G47, keep up ole' boy!

F.uck off Troll. Better go change your Diaper and swindle some more folks with your fake ass Online “Church” scam.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always suggest G19 because it is the largest gun I want to carry. It is large enough to shoot well with.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (264mag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 41rem, 10gaugemag, 34 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,031
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.